Heart + Broken

Second Love

              FROM afar, one can see that there's a group of tall boys playing basketball at the open basketball court. There he is.. Minho.. A cute baby-faced guys who always have been the one that all girls had fallen for. To them, he's perfect. A perfect type of boyfriend? Most of the girl in this collage would have a crush on him. He's so kind. Too kind that everyone thought that he likes all the girls he passed by. Whenever someone need a help, he's willing to help. A few girls at the side of the court were mesmerized by his appearance.. But wait.. What she's doing there?

              "Cut! Cut! Seriously! I was day dreaming right here but look at that.. Why did she have to be there?" A fangirl of Minho said to her friends. The 'she' that she means was Amber. The girl that most of the girls consumed lucky to befriend with all the hottest guys in collage.

               Amber who was in the same team with Jinki and Kibum was dodging from the opposite team's player which were Minho, Jonghyun and Taemin. She tried to bring the ball to the net and.. Minho came and snatched the ball.. "WHAT? Yah! I was just a few steps away from the net Minho.. Give me a chance.." Amber said.

              "Yey! Minho to the rescue, you save our pride! "Jonghyun shouted. Minho smiled cynically.

              "Shut up!" Amber shouted at Jonghyun.

              "I have gave you more than enough chances Amber.." he said while bouncing the ball on the ground.

              "Yah!" She shouted.. Minho shoot.. And it went through the net..

              "I win" Minho said to Amber.. She can't do anything but to smile at his behaviour, always had the will to win every time.. They stopped the game and started to walk out from the court.. Amber walked ahead of them all..

             "Hey Amber!" Jinki shouted.

             "Hmm?"

             "Wanna join us tonight?"

             "Where?"

             "Usual place"

             "Jinki, you know I can't go there alone.. Soo young and the others can't make it tonight"

             "You have us" Taemin replied.

             "Taemin, you guys are boys and I am a girl.. Remember that" despite how she at like a boy sometimes, she just couldn't hang out with the boys when she alone in an enclosed places.

             "Ah.. I'll bring my sister then"

             "No need.. I can't go there tonight.. I have another things to settle."

             "It's okay, I don't think I can make it tonight too..Next time okay." Minho said to the others. Amber gave Minho a thumbs up, signing that was the best decision. Then all of them apart and made their own way home.

              Amber couldn't make it tonight because she just got a part time job at a supermarket near the campus. Her shift start at 6 p.m and ended on 10 p.m. The owner there couldn't let a female staff working untill mid night. Amber arrived at the supermarket. She changed her clothes and started her work. 

 

 

              "SOO JUNG-ah, wait.." a voice can be heard calling for Soo Jung's name. She stop walking and turned around.

              "Yes?" she looked at the male student in front of her now.

              "I have something to tell you"

              "Okay.. What is it?" she wait with patient.

               "I know.. This might be sound too bold or so soon for us but.. I just wanna make it clear about my own feelings.. I dont' want you to hear it from anyone else." he stopped for awhile. "I.. Like you"

               "Err.. What kind of like? Like.. as a friend or.. The other one?"

               "... The other one..."

               "Oookaayy.. Look. It's not like I don't like you. You're so kind but, yet I feel like it not the time yet for me so accept any confession right now. Could you.. Please.." Soo Jung words was cutted.

                "I'll give you as much time as you want, until I get the final answer from you. Don't worry. I'll wait."

                "Thank you, Minho." she said.

                Amber almost drop the box containing useless papers she carried from the store to be thrown. She gulp her saliva.

                "Confession?" she said, whispering. I quickly throw the box in the large garbage bin and quickly run to back to the store. Soo Jung and Minho manage to catch a glimpse of someone running away.

                "Want some coffee?" Minho asked.

                "I don't drink coffee though"

                "Anything would do?"

                "Yeah. As long as it's not coffee"

                "Let's go to the store right there"

 

                Amber rushed to the cashier counter. The owner was looking at her strangely.

                "Nothing, Mr Oh" she smiled. Another seconds later, she saw those two was about to enter the shop. She quickly search for mask in her pocket. After putting it, she lowered her cap. The bell jingles as the door was opened "Here they come".

                They take one coffee and a hot chocolate drink for Soo Jung. When Minho was about to pay, he notice the blue shoelace bracelet at the right wrist of the cashier. They got out of the store. Minho was still thinking. Where did he saw that kind of bracelet before?

                "Why? What is it?" Soo Jung asked as Minho look somewhat confused.

                "It's not really important. Let's just go"

 

 

               'PHEW. I'm safe'. Amber thougth. She take off mask.

               "What's wrong? Why are you hiding your face from them?" the store owner came to the counter and asked her.

               "Nothing. It's just that, they're my friends. I just saw an awkward thing. It would be more awkward if they've met me"

               "Oooh.. Okay. Keep doing your work then" Mr. Oh turned around and Amber continued her job.

               "But what is that? Did she rejected him? Or did she accept it? Idle? And what's with me? Is that.. Heart broken?" She shook her head. Freeing up all the thoughts away from her head.

               "Yeah. It's definitely a heart broken Amber." Amber looked up to where the voice came from.

                "Taemin?" she exclaim his name. He smiled bitterly.

                "Hi! Amber." he raised up his hand and wave at her.

                

.. To Be Continued ..