Forever

Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ugh.  As soon as I finally made it through the front door of my apartment, I slammed the door and dropped my purse on the floor.  I only had energy to drag myself to the couch and throw myself down, newly bought container of ice cream in hand.  Crap!  A spoon.  I forgot a spoon.  That figures.  With a deep sigh, I slowly got off the couch and went to the kitchen to retrieve a spoon. 

Making my way back over to the couch, I thought about the events of the last few hours.  My boyfriend of the past 6 weeks had just broken up with me out of the blue.  He said he could no longer date someone who was in love with someone else.  What?! And to say that I am in love with my best friend slash roommate?!  What kind of idiotic crap is that?!

I had been best friends with Hakyeon for practically my whole life.  We grew up together and have been best friends since the first day we met.  Nothing more.  He is practically my brother.  Of course I love him, but not like that.  I mean I couldn’t love him like that.  That would be weird.  I rolled my eyes again and started on my Rocky Road.

I heard the front door opening, and couldn’t wait to share my absurd news with my best friend.  I turned my head when Hakyeon called hello.

“Hey, guess what the crap head said?” I said as I saw him.  I couldn’t wait to sit back with ice cream and my roommate and bash my new ex.  We would get such a laugh out of the crazy accusations I had heard today.

I heard Hakyeon clear his throat behind me and turned towards him.  I saw that he was standing in the doorway, removing his shoes and saw the silhouette of another person behind him.  I gasped.  Hakyeon never brought people home.  What kind of weird day was I having?  Had I fallen into some weird alternate universe?

Hakyeon full-on kissed the person, quite passionately I might add and said “My room is the first door on the left down that hall.  Go on in and I’ll be in shortly.”  I saw his hand reach around the other and squeeze their .

I never bothered to look at the person that walked quietly down the hallway because I was staring so hard at my roommate.  What do I do with that?  Have I ever seen him grab someone’s ?  Isn’t Hakyeon still a ?  Where did he learn to do that?

“I have to get in there, but what did the crap head say?” he asked, walking towards his room already.

“Oh.  Yeah.  Ummm… he broke up with me because he thinks I am secretly in love with you” I said slowly but with a chuckle by the time you got to the end of the sentence.  I have to figure out how to get the image of him practically making out with someone right in front of me out of my head.  Why is this so difficult?  Shouldn’t I be happy with him for finally getting some action?  Maybe this break up messed with my head more than I thought.  That is all it could be, right?

Hakyeon stopped suddenly and turned towards me.  I’d never seen that look that he was giving me.  It was part shock, part sadness, with a slight smile.  What is that all about?

“So you two aren’t together anymore?” He asked.

“No.  But can you believe what he said though?!” I practically screamed.  Obviously he was missing the point.  Who could think we would ever be together like that?

He gave you that weird look again, shrugged and went into his room. 

What is wrong with everyone today I wondered yet again?

When he disappeared into his room, I the TV.  A bad sitcom will make me feel better, right?  It had to; it always does. 

After about 15 minutes, I realized the sitcom wasn’t helping.  Why was I feeling so sad?  I wasn’t sad when I got home, not really.  I just wanted to talk to Hakyeon about the crazy thought that I was in love with him.  Then he came home and went into the bedroom with Lord knows who to do Lord knows what and now I’m sad.  How did that make any sense?

Whatever, I am just going to pull the plug on this day and go to sleep.  Maybe get some headphones to block all the potential noise coming from Hakyeon’s room.  Speaking of which, I wonder why I haven’t heard any yet.  I mean, on TV and movies, there were always some sort of or giggling from a room when people are having , right?  Why wasn’t I hearing that?

I got up to walk over to his door. I started to press my ear against it but suddenly pulled back when I heard the sounds that I had been wondering about.  They weren’t very loud, but they were there.    As tears formed in my eyes, I ran quickly to my room and slammed the door shut.  I quickly changed into my most comfortable pjs and climbed into bed.  I wrapped my arms around the stuffed bear Hakyeon had won for me at a carnival when we were 16.  Those were the days.  Not a care in the world and life stretched out in front of us.  I could still see the smile that stretched so beautifully across his face as he handed me the stuffed animal he had one from one of the silly games. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter