OneShot

My Only Love

My Only Love

 

“Hey Yugyeom!” Mark leans his arm over Yugyeom’s seat. “Want to trade spots?”

 

The plane is already in flight and many of the members are exhausted from their schedules. “What do you mean hyung?” Yugyeom takes off his headphones in which he had been listening to music.

 

“I can't stand Bambam’s snoring…” Mark says with an edgy voice. Jinyoung who is sitting next to Yugyeom looks at them curiously.

 

Yugyeom raises his brow at Mark in confusion. Then he gets the message. “Ugh, fine hyung, but just this once.” Yugyeom grudgingly grabs his stuff and moves a seat forward to Mark's old seat.

 

Mark sits down next to Jinyoung and smiles at him, already feeling his face grow red. Jinyoung smiles and leans in close to Mark's ear before speaking, afraid that people will overhear him.

 

“Did you really want to sit beside me that much?” Jinyoung's soft voice makes Mark's ear tingle, embarrassment making them red hot.

 

Mark nods slightly and subtlely places his hand under the blanket resting on top of them. His hand meets with Jinyoung's and the two lock fingers, the warmth of Jinyoung's hand sending Mark's nerves aflame.

 

“Hey Mark, I'm going to read my book okay?” Jinyoung says as he takes out a book with his left hand, his right lets go of Mark's yearning hand.

 

Mark nods, not wanting to show that he was slightly hurt by Jinyoung's sudden words. Jinyoung begins to read, silence fills the airplane as many of the other passengers are falling asleep.

 

Mark sits there, gazing every now and then at Jinyoung's face, his heart crying for Jinyoung to pay attention to him.

 

After many minutes pass, Mark gives up. Fatigue sending his muscles to sleep. So Mark leans back in his chair and puts on some music and all the while that he waits for sleep to take him away, he doesn't forget that Jinyoung sits just beside him.


Jinyoung continues to read, and read, and the minutes fly by. While in the midst of a paragraph in the book, Jinyoung feels something soft lean against his shoulder.

 

Mark's head leans on Jinyoung, his soft breath warm on his shoulder. When Jinyoung looks closer at Mark, he notices the eye bags beneath his eyes. His brows furrowed slightly as though something were on his mind.

Thinking back, Jinyoung realises how he had brushed Mark's hand off before he started reading.

 

Guilt falls on Jinyoung. He quietly puts his book away, and turns off the light. Darkness surrounds the two of them, so Jinyoung gently moves Mark back to his headrest.

 

After gently gazing at the elder, Jinyoung leans in and lands a short kiss on Mark's cheek. Then Jinyoung gently pushes Mark's head back onto his shoulder, his brows begin to unfurrow as though something had been lifted off the hyung’s shoulders.


Jinyoung smiles at Mark's face, the one person he loved so much. Jinyoung closes his eyes, and falls asleep.