Love You, The Way I Do

Love You, The Way I Do

               You had never loved him quite as much as you did right now. With the mood lighting of his living room dimmed to the perfect setting and Eric’s strong hands tugging the small of your back closer for a romantic slow dance, you draped your arms around the back of his neck and swayed along with him. Eric was handsome as ever for your date tonight; that gray button down rolled up to his elbows fit his body so well, it almost drove you mad. In the background, a soft, classy jazz melody played through his stereo at the perfect volume for you to hear your boyfriend’s soft mutters of affirmation to you.

           "It’s amazing how radiant your eyes are even when it’s this dark,“ Eric speaks in a husky tone, swaying your body with his to the rhythm of the music and earning a grin from you. The feeling that washed over you when he gazed at you in such a loving way was unlike anything else. You felt so cherished and protected when Eric was with you, and you could tell just by his actions that he loved you with every fiber of his being. “God, you are the most beautiful woman in this world. How did I get so damn lucky?” His strong hand reaches up to brush a small tuft of hair from your cheek, noticing how a few locks had already fallen from your ponytail.

           With a small blush forming over your cheeks, you begin to rub the back of Eric’s neck gently. “I’m the lucky one here. You’re spoiling me baby,” you mumble softly, happy to have a lover so completely enthralled in you and willing to shower you with compliments, even if you felt undeserving at times.

           Eric’s thumb delicately brushes over your blushed cheekbone a few times before making its way to the back of your head, gently tugging the small elastic band loose and smiling as your hair tumbles down from the ponytail over your shoulders. He had such a thing for the way you looked when you let your hair down in front of him, and with the way it framed your face so beautifully, he couldn’t help but comment. “My pretty girl only seems to get prettier as the night goes on, huh?” A small chuckle leaves his lips as he slows the dancing to a halt, releasing your back and reaching down to take both of your hands in his. “There’s only one thing that could make you more beautiful to me, baby.

           You tilt your head at him. “Yeah? What would that be?” You let out a small laugh as your hands fall from his neck to rest on his chest. Eric gazes lovingly into your eyes for a moment before slowly reaching up to grab two locks of your hair, one on either side of your face. You were slightly confused, but you allow him to continue. He then proceeds to cross the strands over your face, just under your nose to form a silly moustache. The action causes him to laugh softly, holding the hair in place as he leans in to peck a gentle kiss on your tinted lips.

           “There is nothing ier than a lady with a Fu Manchu,” he mumbles against your lips. His words cause you to burst out in laughter, earning a wide smile from the older male. You playfully nudge his side as he allows your hair to drop back down to the sides of your face.

           Still laughing softly, you wrap your arms around his strong torso and hug him tightly. “I ing love you Eric. Don’t ever forget that.” Eric was so romantic and classy, yet soft-hearted and funny. It was as if his sole purpose was to make you fall deeper in love with him every day.

           Eric pulled back from the hug and gave you a wide, almost silly smile before whispering, “You know baby… I have never quite loved you the way I do right now.”