Chapter 2

GOT7ing

 

Allysha's POV

I heard my alarm go off and I rolled over with a groan. I picked up my phone to silence it and sat up on my elbows to look around the room. The boys hadn’t budged. I huffed and unwillingly got out of my bed. I pushed my curly, green colored hair out of my face.  I pulled the hood of my panda onesie over my head with a pout and trudged over to the sleeping Youngjae. I sharply breathed in an out before nudging his back with my foot.

“Yah. Youngjae-ssi.” I whispered. He still didn’t move. I grunted and dropped to my knees to shake him playfully. “Youngjae-ssi!” I whined. He let out a playful ‘aahhhhh’ before coming to terms with the fact that he had to get up. With that, I moved on to the next. I walked over to Jr’s bed and froze. He looked so peaceful when he slept. I felt my cheeks start to turn red and I patted them to keep them from completely turning. “Jinyoung-ah…..” I said poking him gently. I placed a hand on his chest and shook him lightly. He grunted and placed a hand on top of mine as he slowly opened his eyes with a confused look. When he noticed my face he smiled handsomely.

“Now there’s a view to wake up to.” He said as his thumb rubbed over the back of my hand. My cheeks betrayed me. I pulled my hand away and covered my cheeks with a small squeak. He chuckled as he sat up and rubbed his eyes.

“What’s on the schedule, noona?” Youngjae asked.

“Dance practice.” Jr replied before I could.

“Yep. Now start getting dressed while I go wake these other boys up.” I said sliding out the door. I got in the living room only to find JaeBum heading the same direction I was. “What the hell are you doing?”

“Doing my job.” JaeBum said with a hint of attitude. I decided to dismiss it. He scratched his head and ruffled his already messy black hair.

“Well did you at least wake Mark and Jackson?” I asked.

“Not yet. But if you wanna tackle one room, I’ll get the other.” He said walking up to me and taking the hood off my head, rubbing my shoulders.

“Fine.” I said sticking my nose in the air. He kissed my cheek and ruffled my curls.

“Alright then.” JaeBum retorted. Every day. All I have to do is breathe and there’s all of a sudden a problem. But then he’s gotta be all sweet and caring…. I huffed as I headed straight for Mark and Jackson’s room.

“Yo, Mark. Wake up, brosky. Practice in a few.” I said patting Mark’s back repeatedly.

“Kaaaaaaaaaay…..” Mark groaned.

“Jacky. Wakey wakey!” I said sitting on Jackson’s bed and pushing him around a little bit. He sat right up with furrowed brows. Usually like one does when they’re getting accustomed to light.

“Did you and JB fight yet?” Mark asked.

“Mark….it’s 8 o clock……”

“Exactly.”

“We had a very brief attitude exchange. Other than that, no.”

“Close enough.” Jackson said scratching his chest. I snarled to myself a little bit and got up to leave.

“Hey, let’s shoot for keeping the arguments down to like….a 2 today, yeah?” Mark said sarcastically.

“Ha ha. Very funny.” I snickered as I walked out of the room.

 

The boys got dressed, hair brushed, teeth brushed and we all headed to the JYP building where cameras were already waiting for them. I felt like a mom dropping off kids at a soccer game. We got breakfast, sang songs, talked about whatever until we pulled up to the building. As the guys got out of the car, JaeBum turned to look at me.

“Are you not coming in with us?” he asked, undoing his seat belt.

“I will later. I have an appointment at 10.”

“For what? Your hair’s perfect. It’s fine.” He said pushing my hair behind my ear.

“The green is fading faster than I thought. I’m probably gonna color it back to black.”

“Then we’ll be twinning. Awesome.” He said playfully plain. I chuckled lightly.

“Not quite.” I smiled.

“Well hurry back, yeah? We’ll be doing some dumb stuff again.”

“No doubt. That’s just how you guys are. Naturally silly guys….” I began to trail off as I looked into his eyes. They darted all over the place and it was kinda off putting. I narrowed mine as I tried to follow them around briefly, our faces drawing nearer. He stopped himself and looked down at my lips before backing away. I bit down at my lip before looking down to avoid his gaze.

“Hurry up and finish your appointment.” He said with a brief smile before getting out of the car. I watched as he disappeared into the building without looking back. I shook my head as I started the car again and went to my appointment.

The appointment was absolutely painful. Socially speaking. My phone was uninteresting and the conversation between the people were ridiculous. I had to constantly thank the old ajumma next to me who thought my hair was just the most magical thing she had ever seen in her years of living. The girl who I had been coming to since living in Korea finally persuaded me to do a blowout and I had to say… It was much easier to manage when it was straight. I walked by windows in the city looking at my reflection. Especially while I cooked my ramen cup. I literally couldn’t recognize myself. It was all too normal. Black hair, no curls….It was weird. I didn’t know if I had taken a liking to it that much. I pulled my black Adidas jacket closer as I walked out of the corner store, melon soda in hand. I ate in the car on the way back to the building and parked in the alley. I put in the codes to get in the building and the codes to get to certain parts of the building that others couldn’t go to. I went to the practice room and entered to watch Yugyeom and JaeBum have a dance off. I already knew who was going to win. When Yugyeom defeated JB and the cameras turned off, I ran in twirling about.

“Yaaay!!” I said with a smile. The boys stopped and marveled at how different I looked. BamBam dug his hands right into it.

“Wauw….where did your curls go?!” he exclaimed.

“You look funny.” Mark said raising an eyebrow.

“I know right….” I scrunched up my face as they all touched my hair. Except for JaeBum. He stood and watched me from afar. The look on his face was one of surprise and confusion. I walked up to him and gave a small smile as I picked at the cap on the bottled soda. He reached out to touch a tress and pulled it over my shoulder and he watched my length fall. He played with it for a little bit in silence. “So…”

“I thought you were just getting it colored…”

“I did get it colored….she just dried it differently. It’s not like I can’t go right back to the curls. I’ll just put some water on it. Poof. Curls will return.” I gave a closed lip smile and raised my eyebrows. He just nodded and returned the same tight lip smile.

“Ok.”

“Okay? That’s all I get?”

“What else do you want me to say, Allysha? It looks ok. You don’t look like and that’s awesome.”

“It’s always something with you.”

“What do you mean? I haven’t said or done anything.”

“You don’t have to, JB. It’s your god damn attitude.”

“I don’t have time.”

“Of course you don’t.”

Just before things got heated, Mark intervened.

“Hey, you. Come with me.” He said as he and Jr grabbed either one of my hands and pulled me out of the room with them. “What did you do?”

“What do you mean ‘what did I do’?! He started it!”

“Neither of your tempers are helping your relationship at all.” Jr said.

“WE. ARE NOT. TOGETHER.” I exclaimed. Jr and Mark exchanged looks and laughed heartily.

“Yeah, keep telling yourself that.” Jr chuckled as we entered the corner store.

“He nitpicks about dumb …like why?”

“Because he wants to like you. Or rather, you two like each other but you piss each other off just as much as you like each other.” Mark said as he led us straight to the freezer that held all the ice creams. He grabbed a musk melon bar and held it in front of my face. “How’s abouts one of ya’s stop being stubborn.” He said with a dorky expression. I chuckled and snatched the bar from between us. I sighed and kicked the bottom shelf lightly. Jr wrapped his arms around me in a comforting back hug and nuzzled his face into my neck.

“You are literally my metaphorical husband, Jinyoung.”

“Of course I am.” He said with a smile.

We bought ice cream from the boys and then continued to film the last of their entry on the V app and headed out. As we exited the building, JaeBum grabbed my arm and pulled me away from the group.

“What are you doing?”

“Shh…just come talk to me.” He said with a smile. I watched him cautiously as he pulled me behind a van lining the wall. I looked at him as he shuffled around in place.

“So what’s up?” I asked him. He looked up at me and kissed me without missing a beat and then pulled away. I looked at him with a confused expression.

“Was that weird?” he chuckled. I silently shook my head. “Ok….,” he nodded. “You know I’m not that good at expressing myself….I sometimes say things that I don’t mean….I have…grown quite fond of you and….I want you around….around me….and I…. I know we fight a lot…We’ve been- or I have been...rather…uh...beating around the bush with this and uh-” Without thinking, I kissed him more passionately than I meant to. Or maybe I did mean to. His lips were soft and as sweet as the ice cream he had. His hand rested on my cheek and one in his jacket pocket. When I pulled away, he looked as if he didn’t want to stop. As if the kiss had ended too soon. I sighed with a smile and he gave a soft, deep chuckle to himself. He placed his free hand around my waist and pulled me close. I tugged on his jacket bashfully. “I um……. I like you…Allysha.”

“Yeah? I like you too…weirdo.” I said leaning into him, wrapping my arms around his waist. He looked around for any cameras and kissed me gently for another time. “Was that it?”

“That was pretty much it.”

“Ok.” I chuckled. He grinned as he led me from behind the trucks, bumping shoulders with me on the way to the group’s van.