LOG 4.0

Bulletproof- PART 1.0

THE SAME NIGHT, AFTER JIMIN AND TAEHYUNG’ S MEETING WITH JYP…….

 

“His name is Park Jin Young AKA JYP” Jimin said as we carefully watched the footage that he had recorded.

 

The sting operation had ended hours back with Taehyung's false promise at the NGO that they would bring the inmate within a week or so. After dropping him home, we straightaway went to the headquarters to compile all the evidence that had been gathered. By night, our seniors got to know about our unofficial undercover mission and though, we got a lot of bashing by them, especially by Seokjin (*shudders*), the amount of evidence was overwhelming and they grudgingly, were thankful for that. (At least, I like to think so.)

 

“So the identity of JYP is confirmed” Seokjin commented, as the video finished, “Just as we thought, it’s the same person whose gun was stolen by Bobby and who paid Sehun for Bobby’s murder. But the question is, how deep is his involvement in this? I mean, there is no reason for him to kill his hepless inmates even if they escape his facility…..”

 

“Unless they threatened him with something?” I answered.

 

“But what can they threaten him with?” Seokjin replied, “And what is about this blue mark? Is this due to some prescription drug- A tranquilizer? Pain killer? Party drug? What is it?”

 

“From what I observed” Jimin answered, “This drug was being given to only certain people in the facility. Most of these people live on the first and second floor of the building and have been there for quite a lot of time. Also, as JYP told us, these people are supposedly more in need of ‘watchful care’ compared to the rest of them. Now is it really care or some funny business, we have to find out…….”

 

“But Jiminah” Hoseok interjected, “You saw how guarded this guy was even when he was interacting with you guys. How do you expect to get him cracking? Also, I strongly believe that a random police raid won’t scare him. If this person can order a killing, then he also can have a connection or two in the system that can help him get out from any legal . Besides, this organization is not all that clean as it seems…..” 

 

Silence descended in the room until Seokjin spoke up, “Namjoon. I think we will have to do an inside sweep to get to the bottom of the matter. Like Hoseok said, we can’t do an outright police raid. We’ll have to think of some alternative.”

 

“Undercover?” Namjoon raised an eyebrow at him

 

“We have the perfect backup with us” Seokjin hastily agreed, “Jimin just now said that Taehyung promised to bring an inmate to their facility. One of us can actually infiltrate the place as the fake inmate and find out the truth……..”

 

“Isn’t that a bit dangerous sunbae?” Jimin voiced his apprehension, “I agree with your plan but if our cover is blown, one of us is at the risk of……. death. We don’t know yet what cruelties they are doing inside that dungeon………”

 

“What is a policeman’s job without the danger of death Jimin-ah?” Namjoon smiled at him fondly, standing up at his place, towering above all of us. “I understand what you are saying is out of concern that you feel for all of us. But bear in mind. All the men here that I and Chief Bang recruited, are men of high honor and bravery. Your accomplishments might not be that much as of now but I know all of you here are very courageous and destined for bigger things…… Have faith. This is just a small obstacle compared to what you are going to face further ahead……”

 

Jimin pursed his lip and nodded obediently while the rest of us contemplated on our leader’s words. We had to do this. Five of us (and Taehyung) had come this far and were only inches away from the truth. It only made sense to stick around until the file could be properly closed.

 

“So can I trust you all?” 

 

All of us silently nodded in assent, returning his subtle smile.

 

Namjoon confidently walked towards the white board with a marker in his hand and wrote in large handwriting-

 

“BANGTAN (Bulletproof)”

 

“I know it’s a very, very stupid name for a mission” Namjoon replied sheepishly, showing off his dimples, “But it’s a sentiment I want to share with all of you…..” I chuckled at the bashful behavior of my otherwise charming senior as I looked around at others who had the glint of mirth in their eyes including the normally stoic Seokjin. 

 

“So” Namjoon became serious again, “Shall we plan our mission?”

 

“Aye sir” we said unanimously.

 


 

Taehyung carefully halted the car in front of the NGO building. To say he was nervous would be an understatement. It wasn’t him who was going inside that dungeon after all…..

 

“You need to chill out dude” Jungkook called out to him. He hadn’t missed the hesitancy that Taehyung was inadvertently showing in each of his movements, “Jimin hyung explained to you that there is no need to worry. You just charm their pants off with your smile as usual and drop me off and after all that, you are free to go.”

 

Taehyung groaned, bending over on the steering wheel, “You're so ing dense…….”

 

Jungkook looked at him with confusion. “What are you on about now?”

 

He turned to regard the handsome young man beside him, opening his eye slightly. “You think I am worried about myself? After all this? Hell no! I am as much used to handling danger as you…..” and then he slowly straightened up in his seat, averting the younger’s gaze.

 

“It’s just that…. It’s just…. Isn’t this your first mission like this?”

 

Jungkook brows furrowed deeper in confusion at Taehyung’s question. And then it struck him…...

 

“Are you worried about me?” he literally yelled, earning a scowl from the elder.

 

He saw the elder’s expression, as he silently nodded, still not meeting his gaze. He couldn’t help but think how over these few weeks, their relationship had changed from mutual dislike to something……. more cordial (he didn’t want to put a label yet, it was too early for it). And Jungkook was actually enjoying this change- how it made him feel a little warm inside. And perhaps that caused him to place his hand on the elder’s thigh gently, giving him a soft smile.

 

“Hyung” he called him in a very soothing tone, which had immediate effect on the other as he swiftly turned to face him with wide eyes. “I’ll be fine. You know that the rest of them will always be near me in some way or the other. Besides, you can always bug Jimin hyung should you miss me too much. So you shouldn’t worry about me, alright?” 

 

A wide smile played on the elder’s face as he ruffled the younger’s hair affectionately. “You know you look like a bunny when you smile Jungkookie” he commented, earning a loud smack on his wrist and a mumbled “shut up” from the embarrassed youth.

 

Taehyung straightened in his seat once again, determination now gleaming through his big brown orbs. 

 

“Are you ready Jungkook?”

 

“More than ever.”

 

“BULLETPROOF”: DAY 1, 9:00am…..