Final

Of Dungarees and Being Cute

Pushing his sunglasses higher up his nose and tugging the hood of his baggy sweater to cover his excruciatingly bright pink hair, Jihoon released a breath he didn’t know he was holding. Shuffling inside with his eyes cast downwards, Jihoon made his way over to the corner of the large room, making sure none of the other people around him saw his youthful face.

Running his hands through layers of fabric, Jihoon pulled a pair of faded blue dungarees from the metal rack holding them up on display. A small pocket was sewn onto the chest of the clothing, a grimace of disgust on the boy’s face as he noticed the small duck emblem on the pocket. Glancing at the label, Jihoon confirmed that the (in his opinion) horrible garment was indeed in his size. He flicked through the other clothing on the rack, each equally cutesy and babyish. Mainly because they were designed for 10-12 year olds, based upon the age label.

A light tap on his shoulder made Jihoon jump, the dungarees slipping out of his grasp and falling to the floor. Turning around, he came face to face with Jinah. Hurrying to pick up the clothing, he hastily shoved the offending item back on the rail in which it came from, averting his gaze to his shoes as silence loomed between the two.

“Jihoon, why are you in a children’s clothing shop?”

Feeling his cheeks go red at the question, Jihoon shrugged in annoyance, directing a glare at the clothes.

“It’s what fits me, but it’s all so stupidly cute and kiddy-like. It’s horrific. What’re you doing here anyways Jinah?”

Looking up at the older girl, Jihoon tapped his foot impatiently as he waited for an answer. Chuckling softly, the brunette held up a shopping basket full of hair bows and other accessories.

“Orange Caramel dresses too adorably for our age demographic for most shops to cater for. This is where I get all the jewellery and hair items from. And, if it’s any reassurance, I think you’d look great in those dungarees.”

Reaching her arm out, Jinah picks the abandoned item back up, holding it up against Jihoon’s frail frame, nodding happily after a few moments. Placing the item into her own basket, she tugs on the stunned boy’s wrist, pulling him towards the checkout.

“I’ll buy this for you Jihoon, only the basis that I get to be the first one to see you wear it, and see how amazing you look in it, okay?”

Dipping his head in agreement, Jihoon trails behind Jinah, still in slight shock from the rapid progress of things, but suddenly finding that maybe, just maybe, wearing cute clothes wasn’t as bad as he’d thought.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------AN-----------------------------------

Based off of this outfit:

Hopefully you guys like this fic, and the hinted JiNa (Jihoon X Nana)

As always, shinee4exo out xoxo