mistressdean

TRIPLE A ARCHIVE [REVIEWS]
 

recalclating ip
..
.
...
access confirmed

#entry {
   pick-up:review;
   analyzer:agent0327;
   date:18-03-2016;
       }


#summary{
Ignorance is bliss and Jungkook wants to keep it that way. However, little by little, Minhee will get close to him, and their newly founded friendship will be tested from there.;}

 

< THE DEFINITION OF JUNGKOOK by mistressdean >

TITLE
       The title goes not only super well with the assignment Minhee and Jungkook have for school, but with the story from Minhee's POV in general. Although your story is focused on their friendship, Minhee is also trying to figure out what kind of person Jungkook is, and that is somehow linked to the title too.

 

FOREWORD & DESCRIPTION 
      Super clean and straight to the point. Your story's description doesn't give too much and it doesn't give too little either. It gives enough for the reader to wonder what kind of story is it and it makes them want to know more (especially that last sentence).

 

SPELLING & GRAMMAR
      As a grammar Nazi, I usually focus a lot on this section. I didn't find any major mistakes. There were a few misuses of prepositions, such as using "for" instead of "from".

 

Example: "For today onward, she hopes it'll be a good thing."

 

Correction: "From today onwards, she hopes it's going to be a good thing."

 

    People often mistake the simple future (i.e. form 'will' and form 'be going to'). Form 'will' is a voluntary action, something that is decided, whereas form 'be going to' is something that is not as promising as form 'will'. 'Be going to' is more like an intention.In this context, the 'be going to' form is more appropriate. I know it's a really abstract concept (blame the English language), but I'm sure you'll get the hang of it!

 

      Another small mistake is when you misused an auxiliary verb (in the same chapter).

 

Example: "It's a miracle that Jungkook doesn't fall asleep in class today."

 

Correction: "It's a miracle that Jungkook is not falling asleep in class today."

 

Another really abstract concept. "Does/doesn't" is to say if he's "actually" doing something.

 

E.g. The bird does talk! "Is/isn't" is to make a declarative statement. E.g. Jungkook is not falling asleep. Saying that Jungkook doesn't fall asleep in class is like saying he never falls asleep in class. You don't have much trouble with your tenses, but make sure to see if the tense fits the situation!

 

Example: "It would be of an end of an era if she leaves us."

 

Correction: "It will be the end of an era is she leaves us."

 

Since you're using "if", it means that it's a possibility. Therefore, using the simple future in this sentence will be better. Sometimes, try reading your sentences out loud and see if it sounds awkward or not. It usually helps! Other than that, good job on writing in the present tense! It's not something everybody can and actually do since it is harder to write write in the present and not the past. Props for not always using the same words over and over again. Your vocabulary is amazingly diverse and enriched; keep at it! :)

 

CHARACTERIZATION 
    Your story is actually part of the only few stories where I'm super satisfied with the character development. Sometimes, characterization is something writers often neglect because they tend to focus more on their plot instead. In your case, you focused on both, which is a great thing.

 

Jungkoook: [He] has to be one of the most interesting characters I have ever seen, and I'm not necessarily just talking about on AFF. I find him extremely fascinating. From his somewhat quiet and "ice prince" personality, to his relationships with his parents, friends and Taehyung (especially the latter), I find that he's super well-portrayed as a teenager who's struggling with so many things in his life.

 

Minhee: Although she's the main character, I first thought that she's a bit too mundane and uninteresting. As the story progresses, I realized that her simplicity, and her cute, awkward demeanour goes well with not only the story, but with Jungkook's difficult character as well.

 

The side-characters: Because you've developed them so well, they became more than just simple side-characters; they're important characters. Without them, the main characters don't have the opportunity to grow. Where would Minhee be without Jungkook and his friends? If Lizzy continued being her only best friend, she would continue to depend on Lizzy and therefore, cling onto her past at the same time. You've done an incredible job at the characterization!

 

 

PLOT 

     I always say this in all of my reviews, so please don't be offended. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN ORIGINAL PLOT. What makes the plot and story so unique is the way the author portrays and writes it. And you my friend, have done a super duper good job at it. You used a simple thing, such as friendship between a male and a female, and you transformed that concept into your own. I have nothing to say about the plot, except for bravo!

   


FLOW
     The flow is super consistent. There wasn't a single moment that made me go, "what just happened?". You took your time to explain everything and honestly, I have nothing else to say about your flow.
previous Valentine's Day that you need for later on in the fic.


GRAPHIC
     My eyes are bawling at the simplicity, the creativity and the beauty behind your poster. The blending of the background image and the characters is very well-done, and I'm glad to see that your designer has a good grasp of the essence of your story, and was able to make it into a poster.

 

WRITING STYLE

      I love your writing style, from the diversity of your vocabulary, the sentences' structures to the metaphors you used in every situation/occasion possible. Only thing to be careful of is your use of narrators. It's fine to switch the POVs (from Minhee to Jungkook). However, be careful to not switch from 3rd person limited to 3rd person omniscient. Stay consistent with the type of narrator you use.

      Also rewording certain sentences so they don't begin with "there", I also have this problem as well so you aren't alone. It's so easy to use the word "there" to start sentences but it is also just as easy to reread your story and change it. There were a few times the sentences were too wordy.

 

OVERALL ENJOYMENT
   I love it. I love it. I love it. Although I am not usually a big fan of fluffy and angsty stories, your story might change my mind about them. Every reader can relate to at least one character, if not all of the characters at the same time, whether it's their personality or their situation. And I think that's the real beauty of your story.

 #note

Whatever you're doing right now, keep doing it. You have an amazing storytelling gift, and I can't wait to see what you're going to write in the future.

Remember to credit properly and always leave credits on your foreword or description as long as AAA is active and running. use credit badge from the "credit aaa link. on the badge apply a redirectable link back to the agency. 

Do not change review score or alter the reviewer's words in anyway. This notion is strictly prohibited by any client. it is disrespectful and dishonest towards your readers and the aff community. reminder that a score from aaa is simply an analysts opinion. analysts review unbiasedly, truthfully and purposefully for authors to improve the shortcomings of their works. 

loading links.. ...... 34%

total:CONFIDENTIAL