four

hopelessly i'll love you endlessly

title: home

genre: fluff, some angst i guess, au]

word count: 1,112

summary: Yoongi can easily tell the days Jungkook manages to pass to his customers and the ones they mistake him for a girl. trans!au

 


Yoongi can easily tell the days Jungkook manages to pass to his customers and the ones they mistake him for a girl. He'd must be blind if he couldn't; it is so obvious in the way his boyfriend walks, his steps more or less confident, the way he talks, puts his arms over his chest protectively or on the contrary, some kind of comfort settled in his bones giving him an aura of self-acceptance and ease. Yoongi only needs about two seconds after coming back from work to decide if it is a bad day or a good one; this Friday, however, he feels slightly confused as Jungkook doesn't even give him a single look and disappears quickly in the kitchen, not before mumbling a quiet 'Good afternoon'.


He puts his briefcase on the cabinet and hurries to loosen his tie, all while stealing quick glances at the doorway Jungkook has just gone through. He knows the younger long enough to not ask any questions, yet he can't help but bite his lip in worry, wondering what had moved the raven haired man that much.


The blonde takes a quick shower and goes to the kitchen, a tiny space smelling like chicken and vegetables Jungkook prepares. He isn't a masterchef but he's much more patient than Yoongi - the last time the older tried to cook he ended throwing half-burned pancakes out of the window.


Frowning in the doorway, he takes a moment to admire his boyfriend's lean figure as he stands barefoot in front of the stove, only in boxers and an oversized white T-shirt that probably belongs to Yoongi. The fact that his shoulder are slightly stiff doesn't go unnoticed - if it were a good day, he'd be humming to himself and dancing a little to the newest Zion. T's song. Yoongi's body acts on its own and a second later he's hugging the younger from behind, arms wrapping around slim waist and chin resting on his shoulder. He closes his eyes, inhaling in a sweet, fresh scent of Jungkook's shampoo. Slowly, he starts rocking their bodies from left to right and it doesn't take long before the other relaxes in his arms.


'Don't be mad,' Yoongi mumbles in his ear, soft hair tickling the tip of his nose.

'I am not.'

'Then why are you like this?'

'Like what?'

'Like this.' He slips his hands under Jungkook's T-shirt, slowly caressing his smooth skin. Only does he stop when his fingers brush against an elastic material hugging the younger's chest way too tightly. He can feel Jungkook tensing again.

'What did I tell you about binding that tight? You might hurt yourself,' Yoongi whispers worriedly. The other only shrugs, wiggling his way off the blonde's arms to grab plates for both of them. Yoongi just follows him with his eyes silently. He hates it when dysphoria takes over Jungkook; he hates it when he can't help in any way. It is a fact that episodes like this have been barely happening since they're dating. The raven haired male told him once that back in his teenage years he had considered committing suicide, not able to deal with an overwhelming self-hatred. Yoongi still feels pure terror filling him up every time he thinks about it.

They eat dinner in silence. When it's over, he asks Jungkook to at least loosen his binder. The latter refuses, mumbling something along I'm not a kid andI can take care of myself. Yoongi keeps urging him. He might be a sweet and understanding boyfriend when he wants to, but he can't handle the thought of pain the raven haired's ribs are experiencing right now. Finally Jungkook agrees. He takes a piece of cloth off and glances angrily at the older before disappearing in the bathroom. They avoid each other for next ten minutes, when Yoongi decides enough is enough. Ignoring his boyfriend's yelps of irritation and discomfort, he grabs his wrist and leads him to the living room. Seating himself on the sofa, he grabs Jungkook's hips and pushes him forward so the younger's straddling his lap with legs on the both sides of his body.


'Hey,' Yoongi says softly. They simply stare at each other for next few minutes. Jungkook can't help but feel his gaze soften because honestly, how could he be mad at his sweet, dyed haired dork?

'I'm sorry,' he sighs deeply and runs his palm through his dark hair. Yoongi doesn't tell anything, waiting for him to speak. 'You know- there was that old woman in the bookstore today. She asked me, how can such a beautiful lady dress herself as a boy? You should really reveal your curves, my dear! I know she wanted to be nice but, - I'm ing tired of people misgendering me.' Despite his harsh tone, his voice stays quiet as he leans forward, resting his forehead in the crock of Yoongi's neck. The latter responds immediately by putting his hands on his back, rubbing his back soothingly. 'It's just... Some people pass easily, but me? No matter how hard I try... It's just not fair.' He adds just above a whisper.


'Baby...' Yoongi starts pathetically, not sure himself what is he pleading for. He just keeps Jungkook close as if his life depends on it, and he rather feels than hears his lover exhale shakily next to his ear. 'When I saw you for the first time, all I could think was, well- Damn, he's fine. I didn't consider you to be a girl even for a second.' Jungkook peeks at him through his bangs, suddenly curious. Yoongi's usually not the one to talk himself out. 'And, damn, you never stop impressing me with your willpower, your strength, the way you always keep your head up. It is not easy to be yourself in a society like ours... Yet, you're here, the most brave, beautiful person I've ever known. And people? They see what they want to see.' By now, his hand slips in the younger's soft, dark hair, massaging his scalp softly. As on instinct, Jungkook leans into the touch.


'Besides,' Yoongi continues after a while. 'Your transition hopefully starts in a few weeks. You'll finally become a person you were born to be. And... you've got me.'


They spend the rest of the day rolling around on the sofa, watching some stupid cartoons and TV shows. When the darkness comes and Yoongi falls asleep with his fair hair scattered on his lap, Jungkook thinks that life may be not fair, but at least he has Yoongi. And Yoongi's his home - the place he's not afraid to truly be himself.