Priceless

Lucky

If you asked him, Kim Namjoon would tell you he was the luckiest man alive. He had anything and everything a young man in his twenties could ask for. He had an expensive car that passersby were jealous of and often mistook him as a celebrity while in it. He had a job that he loved and had dreamed about since he was a child. It was an added bonus that it paid exceptionally well. Namjoon lived in a house that even some of the richest in the nation would be envious of and yet, that was not why Namjoon thought he was the luckiest man alive.

If you knew Kim Namjoon, he would tell you about all the places he had traveled. All of the vacations on virtually untouched beaches and visits to buildings only worthy of Michelangelo. He could show you pictures of the most beautiful sunsets on the most exotic edges of the planet. He could tell you stories about basically any top of the line hotel in any random country and yet, he would still insist that that was not why he was the luckiest man alive.

Kim Namjoon had anything and everything he could ever ask for or dream of, but if you asked him why he was the luckiest man alive, he would tell you about the passenger in that expensive car that people were so jealous of and mistook them for celebrities in. He would tell you about the person that had pushed him since they were young to pursue his dream job that ended up paying so well. He would tell you about the person whose clothes fill up half of the closet in the master bedroom of his beautiful house. He would tell you about the mess of hair he woke up to each morning and the soft kisses placed on his cheeks to wake him up.

Namjoon could tell you endless stories about his vacations and all the countries he had traveled to, but he probably would not spend a lot of time talking about the countries themselves, so much as the beauty that accompanied him on all of his trips. He could tell you about the perfect nights spent in those top of the line hotels in any given country. Nights filled with countless smiles and endless laughter. He could tell you about any one of a kind painting in any particular gallery and he could explain what the inside of some of the most breathtaking structures littering Europe looked like. He could. But he would only go on about the love of his life who had been his companion while going to all of those wonderful places and seeing all of those magnificent things.

Kim Namjoon would tell you he was the luckiest man alive, because he had the chance to love the most beautiful work of art he had ever seen. More beautiful than da Vinci’s “Mona Lisa,” Van Gogh’s “Starry Night,” or Botticelli’s Venus. This work was priceless to him and no amount of money or fame could make this work of perfection any less valuable in Namjoon’s eyes. Namjoon would tell you he was the luckiest man alive, because he had the chance to love Kim Seokjin.


A/N: Tell me what you think! I know this is super short but even just a "This was terrible," or "CUTE!!!!!!!" is appreciated. This was unbeta'd so my apologies for any grammatical errors. I kid you not, I wrote this in 15 minutes. Hence, it is so short you could read it in two breaths. Okay not really but you get my point. Until next time my loves~ Thank you.