Learning by Living

Learning by Living
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae’s room is close to scavenger’s shack, with all that snacks rubbish, tacos wrapping paper, cans of soda, unless the books that scattered around the room. If only, Donghae is not on his mad state, his books were actually cute because it’s full of illustration of underwater living creatures such as fishes in different kind species, mammals, corals, algae, you name it. But it’s not cute anymore, it is hell nerve-wrecking to Donghae because he’s about to cry remembering all the task he has to do. Correction, he already cried. A lot.

No nights (and days) he spent without sobbing and whining to Kyuhyun and also, Hyukjae. If, if the latter is not too tired after working. It’s hard for Donghae to carry on if the situation like this. He misses his life before going to college so much. He misses Seoul. He misses Kyuhyun, Ryeowook, and Yesung. He misses his mom’s kimchi jiggae. Moreover he misses Hyukjae. Semester 5 surely feels like battle of Spartans versus Persians, never ending and full of screams. Only it’s between students and pile of tasks plus without bloods.

Donghae’s phone is ringing, lazily he stretch his arms to reach the phone over the duvet. Seeing the caller ID, Hae straighten his body.  He shakes his head. “No, Hyukkie must know I’m miserable right now. Enough for being strong, Donghae!”. He never put on a show as strong man in front of Hyukjae, anyway. He remember reading on internet that if you want to sound sick, just laying on your back while hanging your head over the edge of the bed. So he did it and answered the phone.

“Hyukkie…” Donghae himself shocked he sounds like congested. He will do this again to get what he wants, Donghae promised.

“Hae, where are you now?” Hyukjae seems in a hurry and most likely he didn’t realize his boyfriend there is sick, or at least trying to be.

“I’m in the line.” Donghae is faking his sound.

“In line what?”

“In line to across heaven. I think I already dead. My books kill me last night, they attacked me, Hyukkie. They wanted me to read it but I didn’t…”

“Cut it, Donghae! Where are you now? Are you at your dorm?”

“…Yes. Alone, Hyukkie.” Another trial to convince his boyfriend, he’s nearly die.

“Okay.” Then Hyukjae hung up the call.

Donghae is so furious. How can his boyfriend be so rude, just asking where he was then cut the line! Before Donghae thinks non-sense, he heard the door is clicked open. Wondering who that is, he got up from bed and laying his eyes across the room. It feels surreal that he must be dreaming, he sees a man who look like his Hyukkie a lot coming to his room. With a furrowed eyebrow and a bit angry.

 “Donghae, how many times should I told you to lock the door?” Hae couldn’t believe what he sees and hears.

“Who are you? Why you looking exactly like Hyukkie?”

“Lee Donghae! It’s me, Hyukjae. Stop it, okay?” Hyukjae shook his head. He shook his head again while scanning Donghae’s room and found out there’s only little space that didn’t covered by garbage and books.

“ Hae, you should lock the door whenever you’re in or out of room, okay? It’s not safe. I can’t help you if there’s stranger who wants to do something bad to you. Okay? You understand that?”

Donghae run towards the garbage and books on floor, he swears when his feet is stepping on the edge of hard cover book. He hugged Hyukjae tightly.

“Hyukkie, you’re here. It’s been 7 months! How dare you didn’t visit me that long?” He sulked.

“I’m so terribly sorry, I need to finish my work for very important pitching and backing up my colleague because she left for maternal leaves. You forgive me, right?” Hyukjae missed his baby too. It’s so nice to meet Donghae agai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter