In Shock

I Can Be Your Hero

    “Who the hell is Wonho?” Wonho choked on his words, mustering a tone Hyungwon had never heard from him before. He stiffly laughed it off at first, and bluntly reprimanded him for his crude joke.

    “Ha-Ha. Very funny. Knock it off.”

    “Knock WHAT off?! Who the hell are you?! Who the hell is Wonho?! Where am I?!” Wonho shot back, shouting with all the ferocity he could conjure.

    Hyungwon Froze. “Wha- What?” His mind suddenly started moving a million miles an hour. Wonho looked so serious, so terrified of the world, but Hyungwon was still convinced Wonho was just pranking him.

    “I said knock it off, Wonho! It’s not funny anymore!” Hyungwon scolded him firmly, praying that this time he would actually finish with whatever stupid game he was playing.

    “I don’t know who you are! I am not Wonho or whoever the you think I am! God damnit, just tell me what is going on!” Wonho was now visibly shaking and his voice trembling with his panic.

    Wonho looked so different to Hyungwon. Never in their five years of friendship had he ever seen Wonho look so broken and beaten down. Out of context, Wonho looked like he had just lost a back alley fight or been mobbed by a group of thugs. His skin was drenched with thick sweat and blood, making abstract patterns as they soaked through his hospital gown. His hair stuck to his eyelashes and forehead, hiding his gorgeous, bronze eyes. His hands were clenched in fists around the iv needle he had pulled out of his arm, causing small pools of blood to seep between his fingers.

    Suddenly Hyungwon started to understand. ‘The fall. He hit his head... Oh my god, it can’t be what I think it is.’ He was choking on his shock and on the brink of tears. ‘No this is a dream, this can’t be real. This isn’t what you think it is.’

    “Who are you?” Wonho’s tone was now desperate, and as threatening as he could manage in the state he was in, but it only came out like a scared puppy; his eyes welling, arm bleeding, and scared out of his mind. Everything Wonho knew about himself, was not his own. He didn’t know who he was, where he was, or who this pretty-boy was in front of him. He was terrified.

    Thick tears were bubbling up, begging to be released from Hyungwon’s eyelids. Every word Wonho spoke was like a bullet through his heart. He wanted to call out to Wonho, shake his shoulders, and scold him for not knowing the face of his own best friend or even his own name. ‘There’s no way he’s forgotten me. He’s going to remember, it’s okay.’

    Suddenly, Hyungwon was standing and storming across the hospital room towards Wonho. Before he could register what was happening, Wonho’s shoulders were in his hands and he was shouting profanity at him that he could hardly process and certainly couldn’t control.

    “Your name is Wonho and I’m Hyungwon! I’m your best friend, god damnit! Why don’t you remember?!” His mind went numb, and his mouth wouldn’t stop spitting angry words towards Wonho. “How could you forget me?! We’ve been best friends for five years! . Please just remember, Wonho!”

Amidst the shouting, Hyungwon felt a pair of large hands try to pull him back, away from Wonho. Unbeknownst to him, a small, sweet looking nurse had heard the shouting and rushed into the room. When she saw the scene, she shouted down the hallway for the on duty security officer.

One burly man broke into the room and tried to break apart the boys by pulling Hyungwon away. However, this only made him more desperate to hold onto Wonho.

“Let go! Let go of me!” Tears were flooding out of Hyungwon as he desperately tried to be remembered.

 

~

 

    Wonho stared at Hyungwon in blatant confusion as he shook his shoulders, cursing in his face. ‘Who the hell does this guy think he is?!’ Suddenly, the security officer entered the room, trying his best to pull a kicking and yelling Hyungwon away from Wonho. When Hyungwon finally let go of Wonho’s shoulders, Wonho desperately searched the room for something to protect him from the crazy person having a tantrum in front of him. He realized that the iv he pulled out of his arm was clenched in fists. It was only when he saw the blood that he noticed the sharp pain between his fingers where the needle had poked him.

    Suddenly, without thinking, he instinctively moved into a dangerously protective mindset.

    With one swift movement, Wonho had Hyungwon in a chokehold with the iv pointed at his neck.
    “Make one move, and I push this straight through your jugular.”

 


 

Hey guys! 

So I was just posting this story on here for the fun of it and didn't think anyone would actually read it! But I've gotten a whole ton more subscribers and views than I thought I would get! 

I hope you guys are liking this story, I'm having a lot of fun writing it! I'm gonna try to post a chapter once a week or once every 2 weeks. I just got out of school so I have a lot more time to write! 

Comment down below what you guys think so far! Especially of this chapter! s going down! XD What do you guys think is gonna happen next? ;D