100% Hate

Believe in that 1%
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
100% Hate Chapter one

 

                The day was postcard worthy. Summer was making its transition into autumn and the temperature had dropped from a witch-melting 90’s to a simmering high 70’s. It was the start of the new school year and teenagers walked like shoals of fish in a myriad of directions all dressed in variations of shorts and tank-tops perfect pray for the suns blazing fiery UV rays to rain down on their unguarded shoulders. From body to body they clung to their cliques making it impossible to approach or see anything beyond them.

                Guy’s moved like they were just gaining a sense of surety in themselves, standing tall basking in their broader shoulders. Girls strutted trying out their new appeal, doing the, Giggle/hair-flip/smile when a male walked by. Some even squeezed their arms together to create much wanted cleavage. It smelt of high school beginnings for sure and all were anticipating the new school year with jitters.

                Veered off the path, under the shade provided by a nearby oak, were two boys both wearing the blazer and tie of a private school uniform nearby. They definitely didn’t belong in the midst of those swarming into the gruff public school down the street. One looked as though he’d grown too much a too soon, his long limbs still not in his control and his new trousers already hovered above his ankles. He had sea black hair that was gelled to the side, softening his natural angular looks and his mouth seemed to be permanently set into smile.

                The other one, who was sitting at the base of the oak, was still sporting some pre-growth spurt baby fat in his cheeks. His hair laid naturally, his black bangs floating just over his lashes, giving him an almost innocent look if not for the scowl that was etched into his brow. His blazer was thrown over his shoulder along with his tie and his dress shirt had the first few buttons undone.

                “…it’s hot” He droned with a sigh as he lolled his head back against the tree.

                “Jungkook, aren’t you used to the heat? I mean, you play soccer.” The other paused for emphasis, “In the summer.”

                “I only like to feel hot when I’m playing a game, Hoseok, but this” He said motioning to the asphalt that waved and morphed in the summer heat, “This is just the life out of me. It makes it hard to breathe.”

                “Whoa…” Hoseok said gaping at the pavement. “Does it always do that? It looks like water” He squatted down next to it and touched it. His eyes grew almost comically wide and a large grin spread across his face as he watched his finger sink into it. “It’s like a sponge! Look I made a finger print!”

                Jungkook just heaved a sigh and in another sickeningly humid breath. He rose a hand to shield his eyes as he squinted up at the offender. His skin was glistening with sweat and the nape of his neck was uncomfortably damp as he attempted to wipe away the substance with his hand. He immediately retracted it in disgust and smudged the liquid on Hoseok’s back who took the action as a friendly back pat; not as the napkin Jungkook just used him as.

                Jungkook ebbed back into the shadows, away from the heat that was penetrating deep into his pale skin. He sighed in relief at the subtle lower temperature the shade brought. It was the first day of school for Jungkook’s junior year in high school and the uniform was stifling him. He couldn’t stand sweltering in the Seoul summer heat, and although he was constantly in it due to soccer practice, that was a different kind of heat. It was voluntary.

                Jungkook loved the feel of adrenaline when he stepped onto the field. Anything could happen on it.  Passing, blocking, stealing, shooting, dodging, wind whistling in his ears and tunneling through his hair. The sting his palms got whenever he broke his fall by succumbing to another’s slide tackle. The way his heart soared and caused his tired beaten body to jump and rejoice after winning a competitive game. And the sourness and regret that lingered after a harsh defeat. He loved it all. And although his skin would get washed in the sweat and grime accumulated by the ferocity of the game, that feeling of heat was completely different from the slimy suffocating one he was experiencing now.  Although, Hoseok seemed to be thriving in it.

                Jungkook grimaced as Hoseok bounded back over towards him, bringing a rush of muggy air with him. He grinned down at him, his smile gleaming a brilliant white, like a turning page catching in the sun. Literally.

                “How are you not sweating?” Jungkook moaned aghast at how the older was still wearing his blazer.

                “Hm? It’s a nice day out, ya know. Not everybody is as temperature sensitive as you.” Hoseok said plopping himself down next to Jungkook.

                “Yeah but I know that it’s hot enough to the point where wearing a jacket is absurd. Take it off. I’m seriously getting hotter sitting next to you. You’re radiating too much heat.” He groaned lightly pushing Hoseok away from him. “Gross” He mumbled unhappily.

                “Calm down would you? It’s like high 70’s and there’s a nice breeze today. It’s a perfect August morning.” Hoseok hummed and closed his eyes inhaling the scent of summer.

                “You’re so goddamn chipper.” Jungkook pouted as he mindlessly pulled cool strands of grass up from its roots and discarded them.

                “Mhm, right back at’cha.” He replied sarcastically as he leaned back onto the truck of the tree, arms hooked behind his neck.

                Minutes passed in silence with exception to the sound of muffled mingling of teenagers and the sharp snapping of grass being ruthlessly yanked out of the ground. Hoseok peak at the frowning boy from one eye and sighed.

                “Kook, what’re we doing? Don’t tell me you Hobi-napped me just to sit and watch these people go to that public school down the road.”

                Jungkook loosened his grip on a fist full of grass and turned to face Hoseok with a raised eyebrow. “’Hobi-napped’?” He questioned putting air quotes around the phrase.

                Hoseok rolled his eyes and pushed himself off of the tree to look the other in the eyes, “What’re we doing here, Jungkook?”

                Jungkook puffed his cheeks defeated. “He’s back.”

                Hoseok sat there waiting for the other to continue. “Jungkook, I’m not a m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter