fin.

that's a lot of gifts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There were dolls, chocolates, and flowers everywhere. The floor was littered with fallen petals that would definitely be hard to tidy up, but at least he wasn’t allergic or anything. Wonwoo wondered if Seungcheol managed to spend all of his money in one day, which would have been a very bad idea, but he knew the guy couldn’t help it. Of course, all the gifts weren’t for him. Sometimes it to be friends with both sides of a couple, because you can’t help but end up playing mediator between the two of them. Such was Wonwoo’s job one fateful day. 

It all started when Jihoon came knocking on his door.

Now, Jihoon visiting wasn’t anything out of the ordinary. They’ve been best friends since birth and Jihoon practically knows his house like the back of his hand, and likewise for Wonwoo over at Jihoon’s. What was surprising, though, was that Jihoon had decided to come over on that day specifically. Wonwoo has heard nothing from Jihoon for the past few days except how May 26 was going to be his 100th day with Seungcheol, and how much he was excited for it. 

Well, it was finally May 26. Wonwoo was ready to kick back and enjoy the rest of the day without having to worry about anybody suddenly messaging him— like Jihoon usually does— only to end up with the small boy sitting on his bed in the middle of the afternoon. Jihoon had marched right inside the house the moment Wonwoo opened the door, clearly in a bad mood. Clearly, Seungcheol’s fault.

“He forgot,” Jihoon said, voice dripping with annoyance. “He forgot it’s our 100th day, can you believe that?” “Shocking,” Wonwoo deadpanned. 

Jihoon shot him a glare, “it’s terrible. So, I broke up with him.”

At that, Wonwoo couldn’t help but scoff. If there was anything Wonwoo was sure of, it was how Jihoon has had a crush on Mansae University’s star basketball player Choi Seungcheol for months before they got together. He has spent the first few months pining over Seungcheol and pestering Wonwoo to introduce them to each other. The thing is, it was the same case for Seungcheol, who found Jihoon to be adorable and ridiculously talented. Wonwoo played matchmaker after a month or two of playing around with them. 

Which meant when they got together, it was long overdue and definitely because they both loved each other to a sickenly sweet extent. 

“You’re kidding.”

Jihoon merely shook his head, “I broke up with him when I gave him my gift. He didn’t prepare anything. So now I’m here. I don’t like him.”

“Cut him some slack,” Wonwoo chided. “It’s his first relationship too, maybe he’ll make up for it? Has he called?”

“I left my phone at home so he can’t contact me,” Jihoon said childishly, drowning himself under Wonwoo’s blanket. 

Wonwoo snorted just as his phone rang, “that’s dumb. This must be Seungcheol now.”

“Don’t answer it!” Jihoon exclaimed, popping out of the blanket just as Wonwoo hit the answer button. The call only last a few seconds; Seungcheol asked if J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter