Never

Coda
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Four: Never

J U N G K O O K ‘ S  P O V

 

“Thank you to everyone who went to witness me and my lovely fiancé get officially engaged. The party isn’t over yet, we still have some good music to dance on and for everyone to join in, enjoy the rest of your night.” Namjoon announced through the mic, making his voice echo around the ball room. Dinner has just ended and slow music has started to play. According to Yoongi hyung, now, is when the couples will dance. Namjoon hyung and Inhye went on as the first to walk on the dance floor and sway to the beat of slow romantic music. I smiled at the sight of them and the other couples getting on the middle. A few has been bidding their goodbyes to the engaged couple’s parents, and the others, including me, was just sitting on my seat.

“Oppa.”

I turned to Hyeji, smiling at me from ear to ear. I smiled at her as I asked. “Yeah?”

“Oppa, Inhye and Namjoon oppa look so perfect.” She said dreamily. I looked at the two as they just playfully dance, for Namjoon isn’t that great with his foot work. If only Hyesoo were here, we could also be there, dancing and looking at each other’s eyes.

“Oppa, uhh.”

I turned to Hyeji again and smiled, the two of us may have not known each other for a long time, but I know when this girl is hinting on things. She’s still a kid and this is what charms her so much. I stood up from my seat and extended my hand towards her. “Dance with me.”

She grinned as she held my hand, with Hoseok, Jin, and Yoongi watching us leave for the dance floor. Once in the middle, Hyeji immediately placed her hands on my shoulders and I placed mine on her waist. She smiled at me as we took steps around. We even passed by Jimin and Jaemi, the girl he brought with him in Seoul. They weren’t looking at us, or everyone at all, they are so immersed in the world they created themselves. Why do they even deny that they feel something more? Of all the times, Jimin should be brave now and tell her what he really feel for her. What is he afraid of?

“This is my first time to dance, like this.” Hyeji said in a shy manner.

“Really?” I said. “You dance good for a your first time.”

“Yeah.” She looked down, “Jungkook oppa, can I tell you something?”

“Sure.” I smiled, “You always tell me a lot of things.”

“This one is different.” She looked at me, took a deep breath and started, “I—”

She was cut off when Eunmi and Taehyung ran past us and went towards Namjoon and Inhye who were just steps away from us. The music is loud enough, but soft enough for me to hear what Eunmi said, who spoke in an audibly excited whisper, “You two, Hyesoo is here!”

Hyesoo?

“Oh my goodness, where is she?” Inhye immediately pulled away from Namjoon and walked away from the middle of the room. As if sensing the tension, the rest of us, including me and Hyeji went towards where Hyesoo is.

And there she is, in a yellow dress, looking as beautiful as ever, with her hair just falling down her shoulders naturally. But why is she leaving with someone unfamiliar?

Before she could even go elsewhere, because this is a chance that I wouldn’t really risk losing, I shouted her name that echoed around the room.

“Cha Hyesoo!”

She stopped and turned to us. She looked heavenly, but is very scared, as I can see her face, looking at us. Her stare stopped at mine, and I can’t help but smile, only if Hyeji did not held my hand and asked, “Who is she, oppa?”

Hyesoo’s face fell even more, and might I add that she was holding the unfamiliar man’s hand. What is he exactly to her? A boyfriend?

No. This moment isn’t something that should be awkward for the two of us, not anymore. Right now, I shouldn’t care of anything.

What I care about is the feeling inside my chest that needs to get out. I’ve missed this girl damn much to let her go.

I pulled my hand away from Hyeji and walked in a very fast pace for me to be able to get towards her fast. Is this a dream? Am I just imagining things? Is she really in front of me?

As I get near her, I can see the same eagerness on her face. By this time, the man already pulled away from holding my girl’s hand, which tells me he is nowhere in the boundary of being a threat to me and Hyesoo, or at least that was I think for now.

Once I know I am this near towards her, and that I know that she’s real, I extended my right arm and used it to pull her towards me. I embraced her tightly, as if anyone in this room would tear us apart again. I leaned my head on her shoulder, waiting for her to hug me back, which didn’t disappoint me. She hugged me as soon as I did.

“I’ve missed you.” I told her. “So much.”

 

 

H Y E S O O ‘ S  P O V

 

All my worries and fears suddenly got washed away as I felt Jungkook’s warm presence around me as he embraced me. I smiled as I did the same gesture as I brushed away the thought of, will his father know about this? Will someone get between us? Does he still feel the same for me?

“Someone, separate the two, please. Thank you.” The music that we really did not notice until now went back and so as the people who saw our little reunion. Inhye playfully said as she walked towards us and pulled me from Jungkook. She squealed as she hugged me tighter than Jungkook did. “You’re back, love!”

“Yeah! And you’re getting married!” I replied as I looked at her. She was tearing up, but in a very classy way, because we all know she doesn’t want her make up to get ruined in any way. All my friends went to gather around me and gave me their warmest hugs. Jimin was the last, and we were all smiles as we hugged each other. I noticed the girl beside her and she smiled at me too. I stared at Jimin, who cleared his throat as he went back to her side and said, “This is Jaemi. Jaemi, she’s Hyesoo.”

Jaemi bowed at me as she smiled widely, “Ah, Hyesoo unnie! Jimin told me a lot about you.”

“Jaemi!” Jimin placed a hand on her wrist, which surprised me in an amusing way. Jaemi only rolled her eyes at him saying, “But it’s true?”

Then, I looked at Hyeji, who was looking at me in a not so welcoming manner unlike how she does a while ago, and the other day. “Hello, Hyeji.”

“You know each other?” Namjoon asked.

I nodded, “Yes, just. Don’t ask how, we just met yesterday.” I told them.

“You must be hungry!” Inhye clasped her hands together, “What do you want to eat? Let’s go somewhere else.”

I shook my head and smiled, “I’m fine, you guys should enjoy your party.” I looked behind me and saw that Kangjun is having the most awkward moment in his life ever. I giggled as I turned back to my friends and said, “I have to introduce someone to all of you.” I walked towards Kangjun. “Yah, what are you doing here?”

“Where are you taking me? It was awkward seeing that.” Kangjun whispered as if the others can’t hear us talking.

I smiled at him as I comfortably placed an arm around his, because that is how we usually were. “Guys, this is Kangjun. He is the reason why I got here.”

Inhye pointed at him amusingly, “Ah! The engineer.”

Kangjun bowed and introduced himself in a very formal manner. “Good evening, I am Seo Kangjun.”

“He’s Jungkook.” Hoseok playfully said as he pointed to Jungkook, who has been quietly watching us.

It was such an awkward scene when Kangjun and Jungkook looked at each other. Why do they do that? It makes me ten times awkward than a while ago. To ease the nonexistent tension building up, I spoke, “Everyone has a lot of things to tell me. I’ve missed out a lot of things, yeah?”

Inhye and Eunmi went towards me and cling their selves on my arms, “You have a lot to tell too! Let’s start now.” Eunmi then looked at Jaemi and Hyeji, “Come with us, girls. Kangjun will definitely be fine with the boys.”

---

It was past midnight when Inhye and Eunmi had finally let me go. I haven’t really gotten to talk to Jaemi and Hyeji, for Jimin has been checking on Jaemi from time to time, which has totally annoyed the girl, and Hyeji, who has been really quiet. I suddenly felt guilty. I know that she likes Jungkook, and I know that the incident a while has been bothering her so much. We chatted and had dinner at Inhye’s hotel room. I got back the ball room and it was totally quiet. The clicking of my heels can be heard as I walked towards the middle, as if in the middle I could find the boys. Eunmi received a call from Taehyung saying he’ll be waiting outside Inhye’s room, and I haven’t gotten to ask where Kangjun is, because we used his car and I can’t possibly go home by bus. Jaemi and Jimin left earlier too. Hyeji left saying he will look for Jungkook, maybe I should gone with her even if it will  be awkward.

“Ha, where are they?” I said as I finally got in the middle of the room. I looked around, and realized that the room is all clean. The party must have ended earlier. I took out my phone and dialed Kangjun’s number.

“Hey, where are you?” Kangjun answered the phone immediately.

“I should

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter