fin.

best friends, books, and a boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hansol watched in amusement as he noticed how Jisoo was hurrying to pack his bag and leave the classroom again. The latter’s been like that for at least a week now, and Hansol knew precisely why. He would always leave class and head straight to bookstore across their school without buying anything whatsoever. Jisoo wouldn’t admit it (or well, not yet) but Hansol could pretty much tell it was because of their employee, some guy named Jeon Wonwoo. 

“Heading to see him again?” Hansol asked, smirking.

Jisoo froze from fixing his books and glanced at Hansol, “what do you mean?”

“Don’t act innocent, bro,” Hansol continued, fixing his stuff as well. “I’m surprised Wonwoo hasn’t noticed you stalking him.”

At that, Jisoo visibly blushed and muttered a soft ‘I am not stalking him’ under his breath. Hansol decided to keep quiet and humor him a little, fixing his own stuff at a more relaxed pace. He had every intention of joining Jisoo today and maybe get something to finally happen. Knowing his friend, the past few weeks Jisoo has spent there were probably filled with silent stares and doing all he can to avoid Wonwoo. 

“I’m coming with you today,” Hansol said simply. 

“You don’t have to—“ Jisoo started to say, but was interrupted by Hansol already walking out the door. “You really don’t have to, Hansol! Hey!”

Hansol knew that it was impossible not to accompany Jisoo if he finally wanted him to get a boyfriend. He knew he made the right decision the moment Jisoo reached the bookstore and noticed that Wonwoo was right in front. The bookstore employee was busy arranging a new set of books and hadn’t notice them enter. Jisoo almost couldn’t find the strength to walk in if Hansol hadn’t pushed him.

“No need to act like a lovesick puppy now,” Hansol whispered as he brought them farther from the sight despite Jisoo’s protests. 

“What do you mean—“

“Look,” Hansol stopped when they were a good distance away. “You know his name, right? Wonw—“

“Don’t say it out loud!” Jisoo said in panic, looking around. 

Hansol rolled his eyes, “he has no idea who you are. Why not introduce yourself?” 

Hansol watched the change of emotions that Jisoo went through; it was easy enough, the guy was like an open book with what he felt after all. Jisoo’s eyes widened, followed by a blush appearing on his cheeks, followed by shaking his head as if he was trying to convince himself of something. Hansol waited for the proper moment to further explain his brilliant plan to help his best friend. Finally, Jisoo remembered Hansol was around.

“How do I do that?”

“Have you forgotten basic social skills now?”

“You know what I meant!”

Hansol snickered, “alright, alright. Have you ever at least talked to him?”

Jisoo shook his head as Hansol stared in disbelief.

This was going to be harder that he thought.

 

 

 


Eventually, Hansol deemed their plan fool-proof.

Jisoo wished he could say the say the same, but since he’s the one who actually has to go through with the plan, he was more than nervous. True, he’s had a crush on Wonwoo for a while now and maybe he’s been going to the bookstore because of it, but Jisoo was never the type to confess to whoever he liked. He could barely talk to who he liked, how much more confess? 

Luckily Hansol was around, right? 

“Are you sure about this?” Jisoo whispered for the 17th time that day. 

“Trust me,” Hansol replied likewise. 

Jisoo really didn’t, but Hansol would

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter