10;; dating rumors

mansae academy || seventeen ff

Almost Evening. Charlotte Theatre. Dahyun's POV.

"Cut it out, will you? You're going to let us die if you keep on bugging me while I drive." Wonwoo irks irritably, zonking his motorbike along the Seoul Highway. "We wouldn't make it on time if you keep on bickering."

I cripple my nose, holding much more on his waist. I really don't get the point why would I have to go with him. He's not even the type of guy you could rely and give your full trust. Not that I'm already judging him, but who knows?

Thinking whether to ask him of where he might be taking me, he makes a turn on an entrance which the side board says 'Charlotte Theatre'. There were cars lining up on the entrance, one by one dropping off people who were wearing in formal outfits.

"What is going on?" I ask, he makes a stop on the side as I jump down, pulling off the helmet out of my head. "I'm getting nervous now, Jeon Wonwoo. Come on, spill it out. Why would the jerk take me here?"

He pulls his helmet off, scoffing a look. "What the hell you have to be nervous about, frog princess..?"

"Seems you two were good at playing.." I smirk, he makes a soft laugh. I find it very irritating as I started to formulate instincts running through my head. What if I tell him that I certainly don't trust him and if I could just run away after?

Mingyu would probably kill me.

"Well. I.." He completely ignores me as he started on the engine, wearing back his helmet, a smirk was the last one I've seen from him. "Damn, you're the most stubborn girl I've ever met. Anyway, have fun!"

I was completely strucked on how fast he could get, zonking out of my sight which I had failed to catch him. I huff a faint sigh, speculating on things seriously. I wonder where am I heading to? Shall I go inside or what..?

Strange as it may sound, I was left no choice but to head inside the main entrance which takes me into a classic style lobby of the theatre. People were wearing long gowns and tux, which I found myself looking back at my casual teeny bopper outfit. I hope I could pull out this dress somehow.

"Hi.." An usherette called my attention, "What seat reservation you have on your ticket?"

My mind was flinching in place. Ticket? What ticket? "I-I'm sorry.. But I don't have a ticket with me right now." I try to sound normal, hoping she wouldn't think of me as a gate crusher or someone who've entered the wrong party.

"Oh.. That's okay. You must have forgotten your ticket. I'll just ask for your name if it's listed around some seat around the theatre." She smiles, I awfully makes a grin as I tell her my name. "Lee Dahyun."

She checks my name on her tablet and soon enough she gave me a broad smile on her face. "Balcony section, madame. Just take an elevator to your left and someone will assist you on your designated area."

I nodded slyly, "T-thanks." My name was listed at the balcony area? And why would Mingyu watch something so.. Until then, my eyes darted on the board sign beside the door which had left me breathless. 'The King and I'.

What the actual crap.

I knew something was going on but I'm still in the midst of thinking. Why would Mingyu take me here? Lately, thoughts from yesterday had crossed my mind. It was something that JunHui oppa and I were talking about. A musical play.

I followed the direction given to me, once I stepped out of the lift an usher came as he leads the way. "This way madame.." To be honest, I'm cringing being called formally. I smiled as I entered the huge classic theatre, the whole room was spacious, with warm beige walls and the chairs lined up in fancy maroon color.

Until my eyes gaze around searching for the jerk but I stopped when a man dressed in black sleeves and pants which had a casual look just like me. "Dahyun-ah.. Just in time." He smiled at me, leaving me mouth-opened. H-how..? He simply smiled at me, almost making my heart drop for his existence. I walk slowly to reach his space as he gestured me to take a seat beside him.

Currently, my eyes won't take off from him as I scan all over his face. I must be dreaming right now, it can't be..

"H-How did you know.. I mean, how come you have expected me to be here rather than picking me up like what you've said, JunHui Oppa..?" I muttered curiously. Thoughts were flinching around me as I couldn't believe things are getting so messed up.

"Your brother, told me that he'll just be the one to bring you here." He simply answers, leaning his back on the chair. B-Brother?! But there's one thing that automatically crossed my mind and there's no other than..

Jeon Wonwoo.

Like what the actual crap once again.

Why is he doing this? I thought he's Mingyu's friend?

I was about to deny until the music plays in queue which leaves my mouth gaped open once again. He makes a smile at me before switching his focus on the main stage below. I simply put into shut, words playing around the corners of my mouth inside me. Everything's so strange right now.

For a couple of minutes, my eyes wanted to close and I could just simply snatch a nap. I love musical plays but sometimes I wouldn't deny how I could easily get myself bored from watching for hours without a bag of chips and drinks beside me.

But majority I would simply look and take notice of JunHui Oppa's focused side profile. My heart would literally jump and I couldn't just explain such feelings I am having right now. But all I know is that I am extremely into delight after finally seeing him for how many years that had gone in between us.

I might be missing alot of memories he had made before and I am pretty sure he had the best days of his life. JunHui Oppa isn't that kind of someone who would actually leave things out and let things feel unremembered. He cherishes each of his everyday life and I know for sure, he had spent his life with happy thoughts around him.

He looks so innocent and charming after what he had gone through.. He's still the JunHui Oppa that I've known and grown up together. If only fate wasn't selfish and unfair, I could've spend growing up with him, make alot of memories and most of all, I could've avoided such tragic event happened to him.

I in a sharp breath, trying to calm myself and let my drowning thoughts shook off from my head. I need to focus again and I hope he wouldn't notice that I am once again acting to strange right now.

...

"Jeez.. That play never gets old. I've been reading books about that play and it never fails to amaze me. The casts were exceptional." He chirps with glee.

As soon as the play ended, I was also simply awakened by the cheers and claps of the audience. I didn't know whether I've cherished that wee hour without getting caught up by him. I swear if he did, he wouldn't be bringing me back on such a date like this.

Hey, why am I thinking this way?

We were walking on the side way path on the back building which there were only a few people standing outside meters away from us.

The night creeps dark as I realize that it's already past nine in the evening. Talk about the curfew..? Well, I'm sorry for breaking the rule. The cool night breeze air brushes on my skin as I hug my jacket around me, until I saw him taking off his jacket as he hovers it on mine.

My cheeks blushed instantly once again, "Don't stay up too late, it's bad for the health." He said as the guilt stabbed me behind my back. "Huh..?"

"You were sleeping the whole time. But that's okay, you're way too cute." He chortles out a soft laugh which made my cheeks turn into a deep red tomato of such huge embarrassment I've done.

I smiled with guilt, unable to respond back. Such a shame, Dahyun. Really.

"..but thank you for coming with me anyway." He huffs, I remained silent as ever as we walk pass by an old oakwood tree. I stopped as I gulped, unable to process my tangled mind which later on I've found myself speaking without control.

"Why do you have such huge interest on this..?" I ask curiously, he stopped as he faces me. Inserting his hands inside his pockets. The moment our eyes laid on each other, it felt something awful how his eyes quickly shone differ from his usual state.

He frowns, "You mean.. Musical plays?" He pauses. "Because I think I've forgotten this before. Like I'm seeing things and hearing things at the same time but I couldn't dare to understand.." He lowers his head as I gasp slightly reaching to touch his face. "..the feels of having an amnesia and déjà vu at the same time was too hard for me to accept. I wish I could work through it, but it somehow tells me that I'm still hanging on to something."

His soft words yet sharp meaning had shot me like a bullet. It hurts to see him feel bad for himself; for making him suffer onto something that neither in the first place, he shouldn't be experiencing. I know it in his heart, he wanted to be happy; to live such a normal life like what majority does. But in his case, he would be madly thinking about something; trying to remember things which he could be having a hard time with.

And it freaking hurts me to see him like this.

And it would hurt me by concluding a defeat.

"Shh.." I place my finger on top of his lips. I gaze on his eyes seriously, unwanting to jerk a tear out of my eye. I need to stay strong on how bad this would be. "I am not telling this for you to agree on but I think past is just something to remember yet unable to hold on with. It's today that we have to set and make things right." I huff slightly, "We'll just make new memories."

He shrugs like it doesn't matter, but it does, and we both know it.

We stayed like that, staring at each other's eyes until we heard a honk on the street side not afar from us. "Time's up, frog princess. Let's get you home." Wonwoo appears from nowhere, beeping another honk after.

I quickly part my hands off from JunHui Oppa's face as I bit my lower lip in such an embarrassing act. I wonder what would Wonwoo thinks of me now. "I-I.."

"Hop on. Your brother would get mad at you." He says calmly. W-What..? Really? Wonwoo named himself as my brother? "..and thank you, Dahyun. For this special night." I struck but I have to keep myself cool as I don't want to burst in cheesiness.

I bowed as I smiled, "Thank you as well, Oppa. Goodnight!" There, I walk out from his sight as I ran towards where Wonwoo was. This so called 'my brother' which I would rather die if I had a chance to, was cheekily grinning all through out.

Right on time before the clock strikes at ten, Wonwoo drops me off infront of the house. I don't get it why do I have this urge to thank him afterall he has done. "Yah.." "Mmm..?" "Thanks."

He chuckles, "I knew you would say that. Nah, don't mention it, I just have to stay good and cool infront of your auntie and uncle."

"But why?" I ask, as far as I know Wonwoo has fetched me up because Mingyu says so. Did Wonwoo, somehow, betrayed his friend?

He clears his throat as he reach to ruffle my hair, "Have a good night sleep, frog princess. Or should I say, Emerald. I'll see you at school!" Once again, he completely ignores my question leaving me confused with my thoughts.

Goddammit. Mingyu will probably kill me for ditching him.

...

Mansae Academy, west wing. Diamond Lodge Fields. Joshua's POV.

This morning, I wake up to forty two messages, thirty eight missed calls and seventeen voicemails.

At first, I think they were all from Seungkwan who had his recent visit back on Jeju this weekend, perhaps he couldn't hold on without sharing how excited he was but when I check my phone and scroll through my notifications, I realize they were not from him.

They were all from Tzuyu.

"You think I am fool to think I wouldn't know about it..?" Dokyeom releases his android phone from his pocket, arguing with Seungkwan around the dining table. "You can't hide it from me. I have eyes and ears everywhere. I know all about your escapades, Boo Seungkwan." 

"I know you're tough as a nail," Seungkwan mutter back, eating a bag of chips while rolling his eyes. "But it's a matter of 'family bonding'.." 

"You're way to selfish." Dokyeom grumps, Woozi takes a huge huff getting so fed up everytime Seungkwan and Dokyeom's everyday argument, may it be little or big. I sat on the stool, reading a bible verse as I wanted too read a verse on them if they wouldn't stop arguing in such an early morning. But then I came to think back the conversation Tzuyu and I had this morning.

For the past years, Tzuyu and I were great friends since we both share the highest rank of holding the student council around Mansae Academy. Our parents' company holds one fourth shares for the academy, making us one of the elite students of the school. Yes, sometimes I forget how to breathe on how big responsibilities we had to go through. 

Being in a council isn't a burden to me, but with what our parents wanted us to be in the mere future. The Diamonds, as one of the elites of this group we were also a great childhood friends since then but, each one of us were already entitled as the heirs of our family's businesses. For what seems like a really long time, neither of us said anything. The same goes along with the Carats who had much more responsibilities to come through, most especially, Kim Mingyu.

Kim Mingyu will be the heir of the HanMin Financial Group.

HanMin Financial Group is where the South Korea's economic group started, it has maintained he status as the best company and kept growing as years go by until it reached the level of a multinational renowned corporation. 

Oil, automobiles, electronics, distribution and telecommunication. HanMin is really a huge business name here in Korea, and have created a kingdom and therefore is Korea's largest conglomerate. 

On a day where they had managed to increase their imports by one trillion Won, the founder, which is Mingyu's great great grandfather was able to receive a medal but refused as he makes a point on where he could build up a school where he could let his grandchildren could attend. 

And then, there it was, Mansae Academy. 

It is the first school in the history of Korea to be backed by the president, who believed that economic advancement was more important than education and even went to make special laws to accommodate the school. 

Then there it was, the Royal System. 

Wherein, the two elite students will be given a chance to choose their passive who will serve and conform together with them until the time they will be graduating from their class. So this simply means that Wen JunHui as the heir of the ShinHan Group which is the second elite renowned corporation next to HanMin and Kim Mingyu as the heir of HanMin Financial Group are groomed to take over their families' business empires. 

The door bangs open, sighting Hoshi running with his digital camera with him. "H-Hey.." He calls, catching our attention on him. "Have you heard the news..?" 

"That better be good, Hosh..!" Dokyeom mutters, Hoshi etches a grin as he hooks up his cellular phone out from his pocket. Seungkwan and Dokyeom leans to read on what Hoshi had on his phone out loud that made everyone tremble. 

"Jeon Wonwoo and Wen Tzuyu are dating..?!"

I fold my arms over my chest and continue to hear their fusses. It wasn't new to me because I've already knew about that agreement they had. And news spread like a wild fire on the Mansae Academy Chatroom Site. 

"They've seen at the Lotte Mall yesterday, hugging.. kissing.." Hoshi mumbles, soon enough his voice started to lay down and as what I can see he was already frowning so I gasp out loud. "Jealous, are we?" I ask, earning a laugh from everyone. Hoshi tilts his head, huffing a sigh.

"Alright, alright.. I am." He pauses as he scan back on his digital camera. "But you see, there's one more news that I will like to reveal..!" He chirps suddenly, Dokyeom and Seungkwan once again leaned to look at the pictures on his camera. Their eyes widen in shock as it made me and Woozi prompt up to look on the fuzz. 

There, it was several pictures of JunHui and Dahyun at the Charlotte Theatre. They were caught watching together, walking and there's even a picture of Dahyun touching JunHui's cheeks. "H-How..? How on earth you caught these pictures, Hoshi-yah..?!" Woozi asks full of wonder.

The two remained mouth opened, as we all started to pull away. "Well, my parents were one of the sponsors for the musical play so I was invited to go in as well. But little did I know, I would be seeing them together." Hoshi sat on the stool, Seungkwan slaps his face in wonder. "What..? This can't be happening, does Mingyu know about this? She's the Emerald, right? Are the both of them dating?"

Dokyeom scratches his nape, "JunHui might get in trouble because of that. She should know about such rules." 

"Just delete all the photos, Hoshi." Woozi sounded so serious as I lowered my head. In the first place, I know it's a big trouble for JunHui but somehow, I trust Wonwoo with his plans. 

I make a stand before I lead myself out of the lodge, "Just leave everything as a secret and get everything covered before Mingyu finds out."

...

Late Afternoon. Literature Class. Dahyun's POV.

Mingyu and I were exchanging glances. I pull back as I slam his literature book on his chest. "I did my best on answering your homework, now will you please excuse me." I gritted, basically rolling my eyes as I headed back to my seat. 

I already gave the literature books to the rascal owners of it, I heard them reading the answers out loud especially Vernon, Dino and Minghao. Luckily, it wasn't I who answered it and it was JunHui Oppa. The answers were written in formal and if I were to give a grade on it, it would be overly perfect. 

I try to focus on the lesson until Mingyu raises his hand, calling the attention of everyone. "Yes, Mr. Kim..?" The teacher asks, I look at him as he gave me a glare before he slams his book on my desk. "Ms. Lee Dahyun vandalized my book." He said as I was left speechless, I flinch in place. "What are you saying..?!" I groaned back, he smirks. "Then see it for yourself!"

I gasp, taking his stupid book on my hand. Until then, I flipped the pages on and saw alot of marker prints and ripped pages of the book. It was all messed up. "What the hell..?! I-I.. I didn't do this!" I exclaimed, feeling nervous all of a sudden. I felt my whole body goes rigid, like stone. He may be a pain in the , but I swear on the angels that I didn't do anything on his book.

All the stares were on me, especially Mingyu's fangirls who had their death glares on me now. I felt cold sweat running through my forehead, seeing how the teacher furiously assaulted me on such with Mingyu's blame. 

Just as I saw Tzuyu who was about to stood up, trying to cover up for me and as well as JunHui Oppa, the teacher screams on the top of her lungs. "Detention at five Ms. Lee..!"

That's it! Mingyu just killed me with detention.

~ # # # ~

A/N ; after a loooong vacation, i am back with another looooong update as well. hope you like it! pls pls comment since i really want to know your reaction on ever updates. lol i kinda need inspiration to continue.. ;w; lol thanks!

Love, Khai xx