apodictic

forget me not

It had been four days since the first time Jimin coughed up petals, yet he still couldn't help but be surprised when he woke up surrounded by petals spread all over his pillow case and some on the floor. His throat burned as he recalled a part of his dream the night before. Drowning in a sea of blue petals.

He sat up and swiped the petals under his bed to keep his secrets hidden; I'll clean it up later, and slowly got dressed.

"Jiminie!" The door slammed open as Jungkook ran in and dived onto his hyung's bed, eyes wide open with excitement. Jimin held his shirt in one hand, frozen with surprise as he stood bare, but Jungkook made no sign of embarrassment and continued. "You know the girl I was telling you about? SHE ASKED ME OUT!" Jungkook smiled one of his rare wide grins, waiting for some sort of reaction from his close friend.

Jimin forced a smile. "Really? I'm glad for you." He said, suppressing another cough. Namjoon, who sat comfortably on the other side of the room wrapped in his blanket, stared suspiciously at Jimin's reaction.

Jimin felt his phone buzz in his pocket.

 


Namjoon: Is it him?

Jungkook leaned over, trying to catch a glimpse of Jimin's screen, but not before Jimin moved his hand away quickly. Jungkook made a face. "Who is it? Is it your secret girlfriend?" He laughed before Jimin could react.

"Like that would ever happen." A deep voice from the doorway said. Yoongi watched them from the corner of his eyes, face blank and unreadable as usual. Please, not now. Thankfully, he changed the subject. "I'm hungry, can we go eat now?" He said, pouting, in a whiny voice. He's always so bipolar. But Jimin was grateful for the distraction, jumping up excitedly and slipped past Yoongi to wake the others up.

Namjoon followed him out.

"It's him, isn't it?" He asked, pulling Jimin into the bathroom for privacy. Why is it always the bathroom where serious conversations take place?Jimin looked at the spot right above Namjoon's head, where a few strands of pink hair stood straight up in the air, waving around with every movement.

"Who?" Jimin played dumb. Namjoon rolled his eyes.

"Don't act like you don't know. Jungkook. Look me in the eyes and say it isn't." He said. Jimin's eyes glanced up to meet his roommate's for a moment, and then flitted away. He couldn't do it. He couldn't do anything.

Namjoon heaved a sigh, crouching down as he ran his hand through his hair in frustration. "Why does it have to be him? Why not someone like...someone like Yoongi? At least he's bi." It was a question Jimin had asked himself so many times as well. Why Jungkook? If he only he had been given a choice, he would've picked Yoongi; that way, everything would be so much easier. Because of those lingering feelings he had, he was breaking two hearts, one of them being his own.

"I don't know, Namjoon. I wish I knew." He whispered.