ONE: Lurking Secrets

On The Same Page?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

             

ON HER PAGE...  

 

 

                 Lee Hyunjoo already admitted to herself that she has a lot of habits she considers weird that in no way upholds her title as “April’s Sweet girl”. She wasn’t sure if fans will embrace those weird stuffs about her but she’s always thankful she has this gift of perfectly keeping things that her body thinks would be inappropriate for the public. In easier sense, she has this excellent self-restraint. Idols’ lives are open book but she can manage to keep some pages hidden.

 

              “Oennie! What are you writing?” Jinsol, the ever so hyper maknae of April, asked in a playful tone. They’re in their Music Bank waiting room and has literally nothing to do so she decided to put her overflowing energy on her curiosity.

 

                 Hyunjoo nonchalantly answered her, “Nothing, just some things I needed to buy for school.” She made sure she sounded as normal as possible and that it won’t attract further interest from the keen maknae. Hyunjoo is good at it anyways. As if like a mind reader, Jinsol dismisses her attention from her older member.

 

                Knowing she’s out of danger, she continues to jot some more scribbles on her plain looking notebook.

 

 He looks like a girl. We could pass as sisters. ㅋㅋㅋ  Sorry.

 

                She wrote it beside the name that she had cross out earlier. Then her eyes naturally wander to the name below it - Hyunkung. Yes, the name belongs to the visual member of the band ROMEO and now, she contemplates whether or not she will put a line through his name.  It's been a while. She thought. Noticing that she’s been into her list longer than usual, she ended it with an ‘I don’t know’ besides Hyunkyung’s name and shuts her notebook completely.

                                                                  

                The list was one of Hyunjoo’s weird and creepy habits that she manages to keep from others besides herself. Who would have thought the Hyunjoo who looks refined and innocent keeps a track of her crushes since her debut and crosses them out if her feelings expires? Not to mention it includes date and location to complete the list. It sounds downright creepy but she feels an exciting thrill with the concept and thought that it adds a little spice to her idol life. She always thinks that maybe she's not the only one doing it and it makes her feels good each and everytime she is weirded out by herself.  Don’t get her wrong, she fully understands the line between being an idol and love life but she thinks a little crush won’t hurt. In fact there is a set of rules she created just to make sure she is on the safe side. Just like RULE #3, which she’s good at, ‘Don’t make it obvious. Be subtle as possible.'

 

                 “Kids, you’re up for your interview rehearsal.” Out of nowhere, their male manager declared which made them snap out from their own senses. Chaewon has now an evident nervous face. Jinsol is the same since she has no part to worry about. Yena, well she’s fearless. Naeun is very tensed since she has longer lines on the script and then there is Hyunjoo, who is just excited.  

 

                There is this small room

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter