His best friend

My Best Friend

1. His best friend

 


Back then, he never thought of Iseul more than a childhood friend. She just a friend he’s been playing with ever since a kid. They’ve been friend more than 10 years. He even thought that even though Iseul was a girl, he had never seen her as one. He thought of her as a sibling, that’s all. A sibling he liked to play with, joke around with, opened up with. A sibling he would protect if anybody dared to bully or disturb her.

But, it all changed after this.

“Look, look. It’s your girlfriend~.”

Baekhyun just laughed at Chanyeol as he coughed out the smoke. The three of them were behind the school building and bushes. The three teenagers had bought a pack of cigarettes and tried to smoke one and Chanyeol was miserable at it.

“You’re , man.”

“Shut up!” Chanyeol hissed at Baekhyun as he tried one more time.

Baekhyun went to Jongdae to see what he meant by his girlfriend.

“I don’t have any girlfriend,” he muttered and when he saw what Jongdae saw, he frowned, “Iseul?”

“Baek, you have never ever, not even once, had a feeling towards that beauty?” Jongdae asked.

Baekhyun shook his head at the question as he kept an eye on Iseul like Jongdae. Suddenly, Chanyeol’s arm was around his neck and his bad breath ‘cause of smoke knocked him out.

“Are you serious? She’s hot man!”

“Your breath’s stink!” Baekhyun pushed Chanyeol’s face away.

Like a sudden force, Baekhyun’s eyes went back to Iseul and did that he had never done before. He was eyeing her from top to bottom. Baekhyun knew Iseul was a beautiful girl, proofed by many of his friends had said.

But, he had never really taken a notice of Iseul, until now.

It was like Iseul’s beauty took his breath away from him. How could he never noticed this when they’ve been together more than 10 years?

She had the long, silky, shiny hair, and not to mention it was soft too, Baekhyun knew because he liked to play with it. She had a very nice and fair skin. She had a flawless and radiant face, Baekhyun thought back how he always found Iseul doing her skin care. Baekhyun had thought from the start that Iseul’s eyes were the most beautiful eyes he had ever seen, accompanied by her long and curly lashes. He went on to her small nose and pretty cute lips which compliment her face. Then, he noticed that Iseul had the body that every woman and man were crazy for. She had the perfect figure, height, and the curves which made every man had nosebleed.

Iseul was not just another beautiful girl.

She was breathtaking.

Baekhyun gulped when he saw that Iseul was laughing at something her friend said.

That was the trigger.

The trigger which made his heart beating faster than usual.

He knew this feeling alright, he had experienced this. He knew this very well.

 

Baekhyun made a mental note to himself that he needed to kick Jongdae’s to the other side of the world because if it wasn’t for him, he wouldn’t be this acting all nervous and self-conscious.

Baekhyun tried not to act bothered by Iseul closeness towards him. The two best friends were on Baekhyun’s bed, lying on their stomach side by side, skin-touching from their shoulders, hips, and legs. Before, he wouldn’t mind because he already used to it and he didn’t see Iseul as a girl.

But now, Baekhyun groaned inside his mind.

“Hey, hey, Baekhyun,” Iseul lightly hit his leg with hers. She pushed the magazine to Baekhyun and pointed at some model wearing a dress, “What do you think? Will it suit me?”

Baekhyun lifted his brow at the dress she’s pointing. It was a sleeveless tight pink dress. It was actually very simple but he was a 100% percent sure that Iseul would kill with that dress, but it looked too short.

“Won’t people see your when you try to sit in that?” Baekhyun turned his head to Iseul.

Iseul pouted at his comment and hit him with a pillow instead and coldly said, “You’re such a ert.”

She pulled the magazine back and started to give Baekhyun the silent treatment. Baekhyun rolled his eyes at that and playfully shoved her shoulder to get her attention. Then, he didn’t know why but his eyes caught onto Iseul’s cleavage. He gulped at the sight. He cursed inside his mind and why oh why Iseul just had to pick herself a V-neck t-shirt because it made it more visible to Baekhyun.

“Yah! What are you looking at, you ert!” Iseul caught his eyes and eventually kicked him off his own bed hard. Baekhyun groaned loudly at the impact and touched his poor aching back.

“Iseul-ah!” Baekhyun growled and was about to get back at his best friend but surprised to see that Iseul was on her way out already.

“Where are you going?” he asked and confused at the same time because it was Sunday and usually when both of them had nothing to do, it was either he crashed in her room or the other way around until late at night.

Iseul whipped her head back and gave him a sweet smile, “Oh? Didn’t I tell you? I have a date tonight,” she winked goodbye before disappeared from his sight.

“A DATE?!”

 

His parents were out of town for two weeks and his brother just left for a party an hour ago, so Baekhyun took the chance to smoke when he’s alone.

He put a cigarette in his mouth and lit it. It was just his second try so he coughed miserably. After a few times, he got the hang of it. Maybe he was just bored with everybody not at home and so was Iseul, when he blew the smoke out of his mouth, he was fascinated by it.

“Put that out,” a voice he knew so well was heard out of nowhere.

He skimmed the backyard and he saw Iseul walked towards him bare-feet with her heels on her hands. She clearly looked not happy.

Baekhyun another before he listened to her and put the cigarette out. He eyed Iseul who was wearing a black camisole and washed out jeans. The skinny jeans made her legs looked longer and he thought how he could stare at those legs all day.

“How’s your date?” he finally asked after she sat down and leaned her head on his shoulder.

She chuckled as she thought back of her date with her senior. She softly mumbled, “Kibum sunbae is not a boyfriend material.”

“I thought I smelled wrong last time.” Baekhyun turned to her and the frown clearly showed that he didn’t understand what she meant. “Last Thursday, you were reek of smoke,” Iseul gave him a judgmental look.

“It was my first time. I’m surprised that you noticed because I just two times and then I gave up,” Baekhyun explained.

“I’m your best friend. Can I try one?”

Baekhyun let out a low chuckled and shook his head, “No way, kitten.”

“Stingy,” Iseul pouted.

He didn’t know how many minutes had passed as the two best friends sat outside and said nothing but enjoyed the silence. He knew she had fallen asleep when he heard the very soft snore out of . He didn’t know what time it was because he didn’t have his watch and phone with him but he knew that it was late enough for sleep.

He turned to her and his lips were greeted by her forehead. His feature softened when he looked how peaceful and beautiful she looked when she asleep and nothing but the moonlight shone beneath them. He felt his heart acting up again but he didn’t care at the time. He also didn’t care even though they were just best friend.

All he knew was he wanted to kiss her at that moment.

So, ever so slight, he pressed a gentle kissed on the best friend’s forehead which last only a second or two because he’s afraid that she would wake up from her slumber.

“I’m screwed, Iseul-ah,” he whispered to no one particular.


Author's note

Hi guys!
I hope you like the first chapter and I will update the second one as soon as possible.
Thank you for reading and don't forget to subscribe<3