One

Eat Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I had to stare at them for several moments to see exactly what Seohyun was talking about; I had never been a fan of theirs, at least to the extent that she had been, probably ever since their debut. Of course, she was a lot more into the up-and-coming boy groups, while I had preferred the laid back indie groups that no one had ever seemed to know about.

But I had known enough, after constantly having her phone shoved in my face with pictures of the different members while she would gush over how good they looked in this photoshoot or that music video. And it was because of that I was able to recognize them now, though I couldn’t have told you their names even if I had wanted to.

“Okay, why the hell did you drag us in here?” Minho was always the first to complain about something, anything really, and this situation was no different. “I’m thankful to be away from those things, but we’re probably trapped here now.”

Bora rolled her eyes at him before saying, “You know fully well that we couldn’t have gotten away from all of those. And besides, we’re in Seoul; it’s not like there’s anywhere completely free of them.”

“Except in here.”

This hadn’t come from anyone in our group; I looked around Minho to see a boy, probably around our age, with sandy blonde hair that was somewhat longer on top and cropped very short on the sides. When he spoke, his voice was much deeper than I would have expected it to be, just from looking at him.

“What I mean is that we’ve gone through the entire building,” he continued. “We cleaned it out of biters, and we shut up all the entrances so no more could get in. Relatively speaking, it’s probably safer in here than it is out there.”

“At least until you run out of supplies,” Minho responded, quirking his eyebrow up in a snarky manner.

“Shut up, smart ,” I piped up, since he had a bad habit of annoying me. “I’m sure they thought about that before they pulled us in here.”

There was a brief moment of silence; maybe my comment had been farther from the mark than I had imagined. But then Haeun, who wasn’t usually one to do much talking, especially in a group, raised her voice just enough to be heard.

“So that’s what you call them? Biters?”

Another one of the younger guys nodded, his natural-looking brown hair falling in his face as he did. He pushed it out of his eyes before commenting, “You know, since that’s what they try to do: bite you.”

“We should just call them the dead, since that’s what they are,” Minho replied sullenly.

“Oh my god, can you be any more of a pessimist?” I asked, exasperated, as I pushed him lightly with a closed fist. “I might just go ahead a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter