Second Chance

It's Over

[MINGYU'S POV]

 

From: Unknown Number

Mingyu? Can I talk to you?

-W

 

"I think it's Wonwoo."

 

"Huh? What's with Wonwoo hyung?"

 

I stare at my phone for a while before looking at Seokmin. "He sent me a message. He wants to talk to me." I sighed and leaned my back on the couch.

 

Seokmin sat down beside me with a large grin, "Really? Why? When? Ahm, am I missing something here?" he asked.

 

I narrowed my eyes and bring it back to my phone. "Nothing special happened. It's nothing."

 

He moves his face closer to me that makes me look at him and move back. Then he asks, "Really?" Seokmin slowly shook his head, "I don't want to believe you." I rolled my eyes and pushed him away. "Seokmin, I don't care if you don't want to believe!"

 

But why am I hiding this to Seokmin? He should know about our kiss. That's what he's been waiting for. But I'm scared. I don't know why. Argh! I think I'm going crazy!

 

He moves back and folds his arms on his chest. I sighed again and closes my eyes. "Fine! We kissed."

 

Wait.. I can't hear anything from him. Is he still with me? I turn to him and saw a blank expression of him. "Hey, did you hear what I say?"

 

"Clearly! Omg! Kim Mingyu, did.. did you kiss him back?" I nodded and Seokmin smiles.

 

"Then go talk to him. I think the two of you really need to talk. Make everything clear between the two of you, Kim. It's time for you to make things right." 

 

I swallowed and look down again at my phone. Do we really deserve to have a second chance? Is it worth it this time? I will not know if I didn't try. I move my fingers and starts typing on my screen.

 

"Wish us luck, Seokmin."

 

------

 

"Mingyu, about what happened last time at KTV, I-I'm sorry." Wonwoo lowered his head and I furrowed.

 

"Sorry? So you didn't mean that kiss? It's nothing?" I scoffed in disbelief. 

 

"No. I meant it. I really want to kiss you, Mingyu. I just thought I upset you."

 

"Upset? I actually, kissed you back Jeon Wonwoo! You really think I didn't like that?" I talk so fast I didn't realized what I said until I saw Wonwoo smiling from ear to ear.

 

"You.. liked it?"

 

"No. That's not what I mean.. I like it, because.. ahm, we're in good terms, again. We are.. ah.. friends again."

 

"Mingyu, friends don't kiss." He smirks playfully on me. Ugh! Stop Jeon Wonwoo.

 

"What is it you want to talk about, huh? If you're just apologizing because of that kiss. Okay, fine! Apology accepted. Bye." I get up of my seat and turns to leave but Wonwoo grab my wrist making me turn to him again. "What?" I told him.

 

 

"Mingyu, can you give me another chance? Can we still have a second chance?"

 

I already saw this coming but why am I hesitating. All I need to do is say, 'Yes, Wonwoo. I'm willing to give us another try.' But I can't. Something is stoping me to accept him again.

 

 

Wonwoo released my hand and I go back to my seat. I look at him on the eyes and I can see his sincerity. I know that he still loves me, oh, wait, scratch that.. he already loves me. He didn't loved me before, as far as I remember.

 

But I'm scared. What if he will leave me again? What if Seungcheol join the scene and get him again? What if I'm not really inlove with him? What if I'm just missing our memories? What if I go back on being miserable again? I don't want to. I'm already tired of it! All my life, I'm hurting. But it's never a lie that Wonwoo once changed my life. That once upon a time, Jeon Wonwoo taught me how to appreciate life and be happy. But will it work again this time? I don't know.

 

"Wonwoo, do you think giving you a second chance will be worth it?" I told him with a little bitterness on my tone which he seems to notice. I saw him bite his lips and lower his gaze.

 

"Mingyu.. I promise I--"

 

"I don't like promises."

 

Wonwoo closes his mouth and swallowed his words. I just want to be honest with him. I don't want to be left hanging again. Before I will give my decision, I should know if he really deserves it.

 

 

"About Seungcheol, when I came back to him, I realized that everything has changed. I realized that I didn't really love him anymore. I just missed our memories and moments together. After that night you confronted me, I realized how stupid I am. I should've not left you. Because of you, I got back on my track. Because of you, I learned how to smile again. Because of you, I realized what love really is, and who I really love. And it's you Mingyu. And letting you go is the worst decision of my life." He reach for my hand and he gently hold it. His hand didn't change. Despite of being busy with his works, his hand is still as soft as cotton. It's really good to touch and I didn't notice I'm rubbing my thumb on his.

 

"Mingyu, I'm here again infront of you to ask for your forgiveness. I'm so sorry for breaking your heart. I know it's too late, but I really love you, Mingyu. Please give me another chance. I will make you feel what you made me feel before. It felt really good, Mingyu. Meeting you is the best thing that happened to me."

 

And me too. Meeting you Jeon Wonwoo is as well the best thing that happened to me. But I already learned on our past. Well, in contrary, losing you Jeon Wonwoo is the worst and the most devastating event in my life, not when Minah noona died and not when my parents dumped me. It's when I lose you Wonwoo, because I thought I will never get you back. You mean the world to me, and you losing you means breaking my world. I want you to know all of these. But not now. It's better if you didn't know how much I love you, because who knows, it may happen again. I don't want you to take advantage of my love again. It really hurts. Honestly, up to this moment, I can still feel the pain.

 

 

So, for now, I really don't know what to do. I think I need an advice from an expert or perhaps look for a sign. Or better, check my horoscope to know my fate. I don't know. I really don't know. Maybe, I just need some more time and space. I'm sorry to disappoint you Seokmin but I think, I'm not yet ready for this.

 

"I don't know, Wonwoo. Maybe not now. I need to go."

 

 

------------

A/n: Last chapter, coming up next!

Gulo ng utak ni Mingyu. Kainis. -.- hahaha