Chapter 4

By Accident, I Fell In Love. Literally.

Chapter 4

 

"Do you know what the hell just happened back there?!" Jaehyun seethed. Poison and vile lingering in his words. He just wanted to punch the everloving light out of the shorter person named Taeyong in front of him.

 

"Woah! Dude, chill." Taeyong said, trying to calm the volcanic red cheeks of Jaehyun. 'I just wanna ing kill you right now' Jaehyun thinks. But what Taeyong says after makes him backtrack on his words.

 

"So how about you become my 'boyfriend'?" Taeyong asks, eyebrows raising in a knowing look and giving 'huh?'s in between eyebrow raises. 'Scratch that. I'm gonna make his life a living hell.' Jaehyun concluded.

 

"What the dude? I'm straight." Jaehyun says, arms palmed in a serious and angered expression. He wasn't having any of this dude's bull, especially since he was straight and a boyfriend isn't one of his main priorities. Scratch that, it isn't even one of his priorities. "Hey, I said 'boyfriend', not my boyfriend for real. Idiot." Taeyong huffs, fixing his bowtie again and indirectly pissing Jaehyun off once again.

 

'This er has the audacity to call me an idiot after kissing me in public? The irony.' Jaehyun muses in his head, blood flushing to his peach cheeks again abd gritting his teeth. Hr wanted to push the dude to a wall but he was way too angry that doing that would be underwhelming.

 

So Jaehyun did what each and every super mad abd bothered person who wanted to melt into nothingness would do; he screamed.

 

"Why did this have to happen to me?! Why is this so unfortunate, wh--?!"

 

"-Jaehyun shut up. Your not the only unfortunate one." Taeyong interrupts. Earning another pissed off glare from Jaehyun.

 

"Look, kissing a dude and especially kissing an ugly dude like you would be none of my to-do list. But I had to do it or else my parents would marry me off to that girl Yoona." Taeyong explains, hands still firmly clasped on Jaehyun's lips as all Jaehyun could do in response is nod physically and punch him mentally.

 

All Jaehyun was listening, or at least partially listening. Seeing as how 'an ugly dude like you' was just the only thing he heard, or what his ears chose to hear. 

 

Jaehyun wasn't having any of Taeyong's insults-wrapped-in-explanations crap. So he forcefully flicked Taeyong's palm out of his mouth and made Taeyong look surprised for half a second.

 

"So you think I'm ugly? For your information, I can make girls weak with my visuals alone." Jaehyun snaps back, speaking in a confident and cocky tone.

 

"Its not like your more handsome than me." Taeyong laughs, and in turn gets glared at for the billionth time by Jaehyun. 'Who does this idiot think he is?!' he thinks, obviously rattled and irritated by this boy's cocky tone.

 

"Anyways, I'll pay you to be my fake boyfriend" Taeyong says, opening his wallet and begins clocking thousand dollar bills. Jaehyun wasn't gonna lie, even though they were affluent enough. Extra money would never hurt, could it?

 

"How much are we talking about?" Jaehyun replies, hands rested on his waist waiting for a response from the shorter.

 

"500 dollars per date or day. Whenever I'll need you for convincing my parents or something like that." Taeyong says nonchalantly, flicking his wallet as if it was nothing making Jaehyun cringe.

 

"Make that a thousand." Jaehyun challenges, smirking from the side of his lips. Taeyong looks up at Jaehyun with a knowing grin for a second, then gets back to scrolling his phone which Jaehyun never noticed he was doing.

 

"No problem." Taeyong says, flicking a thousand dollar bill onto Jaehyun and suddenly inserting it in a part of his white polo that was ed. Jaehyun winced at the tickling sensation of the paper bill filling his chest's nerves. He was a ticklish person one might add.

 

"W-w-what?!" Jaehyun surmises, looking surprised at Taeyong's decision. Surely he was fine with half a thousand. But a thousand per day was too much even for someone who looked like Taeyong, someone who obviously came from an affluent family, Jaehyun thought.

 

"We can start planning and tomorrow. Right now, I've gotta catch a club, Taeil said it had a lot of chicks waiting for me to pounce on." Taeyong slyly winks, making Jaehyun feel disgusted at the shorter's actions.

 

Taeyong walks out of the carpark from a stuttered Jaehyun who was still lost at words, processing each and every detail that occured in his shift. 'How am I gonna explain this to the staff and Ten?!' Jaehyun panicked, fiddling with his pocket and heart beating fast. He was obviously enbarassed at it all.

 

He had to face the shame by himself because the prick who was named Taeyong decided to mess with his first shift at work just when summer started. And yes Jaehyun's summer started out on a record low because of Taeyong.

 

He despised him and he'd do anything to make him suffer. 'Game on.' Jaehyun raises his head in confidence and enters the staff kitchen.

 

Just immediately he could feel all of the staff's eyes turn to him the moment those white kitchen doors were opened.

 

"Oh, the star of the night's here! Jaehyun, how was the kiss?" Mingyu asked, eyebrows raised in a knowing look and hands resting on the countertop. Jaehyun looks around and realizes everyone else is looking at him.

 

"Yeah Jae. Who would've thought you were gay?!" Minyoung, one of the washers asked. Flicking his hands with water and laughing.

 

"If I would've known you were gay, I would've asked out a long time ago Hyunnie!" Seungcheol, one of the chef's smirked, the steam from his pot together with his grin emanating an evil look.

 

"Not fine Mingyu, no Minyoung and no I'm not going to say yes to you Seungcheol!" s

Jaehyun explains, voice seemigly irritated. The rest of the staff like Mingyu just shrugged it off and muttered supportive words regarding his supposed 'relationship' with Taeyong.

 

"And why is that Jae? I mean, look at me." Seungcheol declares, flexing his arms and posing like a model which in turn makes Jaehyun grin mentally. 'Idiot I'm straight.' Jaehyun pans in his head.

 

"Then what's with you kissing that handsome dude back there?" Seungcheol questions as he wipes grime off of his palms to his white apron. Jaehyun once again spoke what he thought making him curse mentally.

 

"I-i-its not like th--"

 

"-Can't blame you man. That guy you just kissed was really hot" Mingyu interrupts. Jaehyun's ego however wasn't letting up and he simply thought he was hotter than the dude by miles.

 

"Jaehyunnie. As much as I find you hot, yeah that guy there was hotter." Hyeri pops up behind the washers making Jaehyun fume. Jaehyun wondered why everyone was not giving him time to explain at all or even ask him if he was gay? Instead they chose to give out assumptions and it just made Jaehyun fume.

 

"I said I'm straight damnit! And for the record I am still hotter than whoever Mr. what-his-face is!" Jaehyun retorts, fists bumped to his hips and hair slicked with sweat.

 

"Whatever you say playboy. At least you've got a wider range of prey to choose from." Mingyu laughs. "Its okay to be in denial Jaehyun, your still #1 in my heart and that date offer is still up ." Hyeri winks, gleefully coming up to Jaehyun and holding Jaehyun's hands in a manner that he felt was either in self-pity or just like. Both of which Jaehyun isn't up to.

 

Jaehyun shrugs, a look of disgust evident on his face. He wasn't dealing with this . As a matter of fact, this was all that Taeyong dude's fault. He could've been finishing his shift and taking Hyeri out on a date if circumstance arose. 

 

But here he was, off from the high (was it even a high?) of being kissed by some random dude who goes by the name Taeyong (Jaehyun didn't even know the guy's family name) in front of his family (Jaehyun assumed the girl was his soon-to-be fiancé) and being hired as a 'fake boyfriend' for a thousand dollars per date.

 

Jaehyun soon decided explaining was futile since his coworkers were hellbent on believing he was gay, which he definitely wasn't. Jaehyun, when he had the time, would just simply date women and ert about the same things each typical and hormonal 18 year old would.

 

'I give up' Jaehyun defeatedly thinks. Taking off his bowtie and flinging it across the room unnoticed. He walks out to the staff changing room. Alone he spent a good minute strangling himself, or to be specific, his hair. Groaning and frustrations in between hair pulls. Eventually he's had enough looking like a hobo, an insanely handsome one at that and looked at himself in the mirror, still going with the philosophy that he was hotter than Taeyong (he would never admit the truth).

 

He pulls his coat onto his shoulders and walks out of the white staff doors. Slowly, he palms his hands onto the winter wind and walks forward to his motorcycle. He still was at a true loss for words about what transpired an hour ago.

 

Before he enters his motorcycle, Jaehyun feels vibration on his pocket. His phone was ringing, and 'Ten' was calling. He answers with ease and slight distress.

 

"Ten, what is it?" Jaehyun says groggily but with the same confidence he always held.

 

But Ten's words would make his confidence come crashing down again, his worst fear, haunting him back again.

 

Ten's voice was ominous, scared even and Jaehyun could hear his tears being suppressed. In the call, wails and screams could be heard and Ten's unwavering efforts to resist and calm the source of screams made Jaehyun's heart sink in pain as tears begin to pour on his cheeks.

 

"He-he-herin. Sh-sh-she's doing it again."