Epilogue.

The Otaku and The Librarian

 

Jihoon was quietly mumbling to himself as he locked up the library. The day was no different than the others. There were several students that came in to study, the occasional parent and child and last but not least, his idiot boyfriend who came in exactly at 5 PM as always. He came in wearing his usual track suit with thick-rimmed glasses, continued his daily routine and winked at Jihoon before he left.

"What an idiot." Jihoon mumbles before stuffing the key in his coat pocket and walking over to his boyfriend that was leaning against a street light pole.

"You're early." Soonyoung pipes and hugs his short boyfriend. "You usually take longer than a season of Naruto to finish."1

"You do know that I almost never understand your jokes, right?" Jihoon pats the older's back then removes himself from the other.

"I know but it doesn't mean you won't one day!" The taller says enthusiastically while grabbing ahold of Jihoon's hand. The shorter lets out a grunt as he intertwines their fingers together and continues walking to their shared apartment. After 15 minutes, they arrive to their welcoming home. In the small apartment, there are around three shelves full of mangas, one of anime movies and a whole shelf full of anime figurines. Jihoon sighs as he ignores the otaku's belongings and jumps on their comfortable couch. He switches on the TV with a remote and begins to watch some random romantic drama that was on. Soonyoung locks their door and goes to sit in front of the couch that Jihoon was lying on. 

"Don't you think you're going a bit overboard with all of this?" Jihoon gestures to all of Soonyoung's belongings. Soonyoung pouts and shakes his head no. The man on the couch shrugs and continues to watch the drama. The scene was set to a night on the beach. The wind blowing softly with the waves going back and forth; a full moon was out. The male character and female character run towards each other and when they are a foot apart, the female jumps into the male's arms and they kiss, signaling the end of the drama episode and the credits start rolling. 

Jihoon turns his head slightly to the left then looks at Soonyoung. "Say, Soonyoung," Soonyoung looks up at Jihoon, curiously. "Have you ever kissed someone?" The older shakes his head furiously.

"That's a skill that I haven't unlocked yet." Soonyoung said jokingly before laughing. Jihoon rolls his eyes once more.

"I honestly forget why I agreed to date you."

"It's because you can't resist me!" Soonyoung jumps up from his seat on the floor and flashes his boyfriend his signature eye smile. He lunges at Jihoon and hugs him.

"How about I teach that skill to you?" A smile appears on Jihoon's face as he slowly leans in and kisses the other on the lips. Soonyoung switches their positions so that he's sitting on the couch and the younger is on his lap. 

"I didn't know Lee Jihoon was a level higher than me." Soonyoung smiles as he wraps his arms around the other's waist; Jihoon's arms wrapped around Soonyoung's neck.

"There's a lot you don't know, Sherlock." Jihoon slightly sticks his tongue out teasingly.

"Then how about you teach me your ways?" Soonyoung unlinks his hands, one hand on the side of Jihoon's face and the other still on his waist.

The corner of Jihoon's lips curves upwards as he leans close to Soonyoung's ear and whispers, "It comes with a price." 

"I was always pretty good at grinding."2

 


 

1 Naruto is one of the most famous manga/anime known for being super long. Like 600+ episodes long.

Grinding is a term mostly used in video games to describe the process of engaging in repetitive tasks such as killing monsters to level up. However, Soonyoung does imply the dirty dancing definiton in the story.