One

SHINee world cafe.

(Okay first off this was written yonks ago and so as some of you know my writers block is just blah atm so I split this into two parts but wanted to add the first chapter at least. Okay here you go you Jongyu and 2min fans. This is for Feyrenz since she had been working so hard this year and I wanted to write her a story :D x )

 

 

 

 

’SHINee’s World Café and Food.

 

In a small area on the corner curve, between many tall, and wide company work set buildings. A small café stood proudly that had been standing for years and was well used by the business men and women around, plus a few locals who lived in the one standing apartment building across the road.

And when the main café door entrance opened, and the small bell jingled as someone entered inside. Kim Jonghyun a full time worker, with dyed blonde hair, and a cute puppy like face and the young Manager of the small place, practically leaped to the serving area as an older male with dark brown hair and wearing a fine crisp suit of navy blue came towards him.

Jonghyun leaned on his palms as his elbows hogged the centre of the drinks counter placement spot. Smiling at the man and watching as the man smiled back.

‘Good morning?’ Lee Jinki, the older male was named spoke.

‘Hey’ Jonghyun grinned. ‘How’s it going?’

‘Oh very good, my regular please’. The man replied with a sweet smile.

Jonghyun grinned turning to the side only to find one of his co-workers a tall long limbed dark haired girl by the name of Choi Minjung grinning as she passed him the man’s regular drink.

‘Here you go Jongie’.

Jonghyun huffed, glaring angrily at her before getting his smile back up on his face, and turning back to the man. He placed the coffee cup down and leaned out a hand.

‘That will be £3…I’ll knock of the 50p’

The man Jinki chuckled, pulling change from his smart trousers pocket, and counting what he had. He sighed ‘I only have a £5 note.’ He held up the paper money instead. ‘Is this okay?’. He held it out.

Jonghyun reached over slowly, taking it and holding it up high, making sure it was real. ‘Hmm!’ He then turned another way, and tried to look again. This time there was a mutter of complaint from a new customer behind.

Minjung nudged Jonghyun aside and looked at the customer. ‘What would you like sir?’

‘A large coffee… Please!’

‘Coming up’ she moved to do the customers drink, as Jonghyun finally moved to the till, opening it up and picking out the change slowly.

‘So…Mr Lee, what’s your plans for today?’

‘Oh you know, I left my home to go to work, I’ll come here at lunch again, go back to work, and come back here after that, then go home’.

Jonghyun cooed. ‘Maybe you should just stay here all day then.’ He winked at the man. He held out the change but refused to drop it into the man’s hand but rather placed his hands on Jinki’s and he slipped the change onto his palm.

Minjung nudged Jonghyun again passing the drink to the other customer, and getting the correct money passed into her hand.

‘Thank you come again!’ She smiled.

Jinki slowly backed away, Jonghyun leaning on his palms again as he watched the man leave. ‘Byee Jinki!’ he waved.

‘Goodbye Jonghyun’.

The man left and Jonghyun smile dropped as he let out a deep sigh, before sliding behind the counter and onto the floor. ‘What is wrong with me!’ He groaned.

Minjung kicked his thigh gently. ‘I know! Why do you always act like that every time he’s in here! You’re such a weirdo!’

Jonghyun huffed. ‘I don’t know, I clearly don’t know how to flirt! The moment he looks at me with them beautiful eyes, it’s like I’m lost in another world.’ He sighed deeply.

Jonghyun had been working at the coffee shop for at least 4years. One year working with his parents, another as a trainee manager and the rest as the actual manager. Jinki had been coming to the coffee shop for just over one year. And though it was usually only at lunchtime at the start, he now came every day. Three times a day.

The first time he ever came Jonghyun took one look at him, and it was his mother who had to serve him because Jonghyun had become completely frozen. The second time he came. Jonghyun mustered up a hello. The third he finally said Goodbye, instead of a small wave. By the sixth month he had picked up this strange flirting technique and he couldn’t seem to stop doing it. It was almost automatic when the guy turned up. And to Jonghyun’s pure luck the man had switched from just lunch to three times a day.

‘You can say that again Jonghyun! When you flirt with him, you look like you’re about to crawl over the desk, and make cat noises and start jabbing at him until he pets you. And I’m scared you’ll start purring…and you’re a dog person so that’s-TAEMINTY!

‘MINJUNGGIE!’

Jonghyun groaned from the floor. ‘Oh please tell me he’s not on the rota right now! Please please please! I can’t cope with you two this morning!’

He pulled himself up to peeked over the side and watch, as Minjung dashed around the counter and pounced onto a young male wearing so much leather Jonghyun was sure if the male squatted it would rip.

‘You wore the outfit I bought you!’ The girl grinned before they started to kiss, not bothering to care for anyone around and making a strange sort of plug noise in their passionate moment.

Jonghyun started making gagging noises before realising there were another customer and quickly stood to take their order. The customer was a young student girl who was then watching the two making out.

Minjung noticing her broke from the kiss to glare at her. ‘What you looking at? Huh?’ She made a fist to scare her. ‘Go on look away!’

The girl quickly looked away, getting her drink and throwing at £5 note at Jonghyun. ‘Keep the change…’ Jonghyun thanked her before slamming his hand on the countertop. ‘Hey Kissy Kissers, you have a job Minjung, and you Tae…what are you wearing?’

‘Minjung… bought… it… for… me…’ The male spokes between kisses.

Minjung then pulled back from the male, biting her lip as she looked at his ear, ignoring Jonghyun calling her name for attention. ‘And you got another piercing for me?’ She prodded at it, earning a hiss.

Lee Taemin the girl’s boyfriend had spent many years asking her out. Minjung wasn’t an easy girl. In fact she had claimed at one point, that she never wanted to ever get married, and dating wasn’t an option.  And with the fact she had rejected him at least 20 times in the past many years, showed just what kind of girl she was. (Jonghyun thought Taemin was a bit crazy to date her anyways) But she was strong and independent woman and didn’t need anyone or anything. But it took Taemin protecting her from a gang of men, who had grabbed her one night. By punching them and starting a fight up so she could escape, (only ending up with him in the hospital, with a few broken ribs and his right arm snapped and needed for surgery).

That Minjung decided to date him for one year, as a thank you. But to date her, he would date her by her rules. She always made the first move, and she always decided where they went. If he ever dared to propose in that year, she would drop him instantly. Turned out Taemin was a pretty good kisser, and good in the bedroom and there were things about him she suddenly liked. It had now been three years into their ‘Dating relationship’ Minjung wouldn’t admit it, but she was coming around to the idea of marriage…but only to Taemin.

Taemin smirked at her. ‘I got two piercings’ He swiped his tongue against his lips. ‘I’ll show you the other one later, trust me you’ll love it’.

‘Where?’ Minjung now seemed interested in finding it.

Jonghyun made a loud coughing noise. ‘Excuse me do you two want to be sacked?’

‘Hang on…let me find this piercing…plus this place would fall apart without me!’ Minjung was almost stripping the boy now.

‘GUYS!’ Jonghyun picked up a small bell he used when to tell customers in the shop it was closing time, and rung it loud. ‘Hello! Pay attention to me!’

Taemin pecked at the girl, promising her later then plonked a biker’s helmet on the counter table. ‘Hey, boss how’s it going? You have my complete attention now’

‘He did the weird flirty thing again!’ Minjung giggled skipping back around the counter and grabbing something stored below.

‘And?’

Jonghyun let out a deep sigh, ‘He just smiled at me, like I was some weird crazy person he’s just sympathises for, and has gotten used to seeing here!’ The male sighed dramatically and started to nudge the man’s biker hat off. ‘I just cleaned this…move it!’

Taemin pulled it off, taking a small lunch box from Minjung. ‘What’s in it today baby?’

‘What did I say about calling me baby! Do I look like a baby to you! Do you want to stay my boyfriend?’ Minjung glared and Taemin quickly apologised. ‘It’s the meat feast, with salad and light mayonnaise enjoy’.

Taemin smiled awkwardly. ‘Thanks Minjunggie!’ He blew her a kiss then turned to leave. Minjung calling out her nickname for him and watching him leave.

Jonghyun rolled his eyes, before wiping the countertop where the helmet had been, and waited for another customer.

~

‘Hi’

Jonghyun smiled. ‘Hey’

‘Could I get a regular salad with some chicken pieces please?’

Jonghyun slowly moved to the sandwich section, ‘And what bread would you like?’ he winked at the man. Jinki chuckling. ‘I will have that seedy one’.

The male took it and started to fill up his sandwich. ‘So…you been working hard today?’ He emphasized on the word hard. Again Jinki chuckled.

‘As hard as needed to be’.

Jonghyun bit his lip. ‘Ooo’. He pointed at the sauces. ‘Any of these?’

‘Just a little mayonnaise’.

He complied and then pointed between bagging it, or putting it on a plate for a the tables. ‘In or out?’

‘I think I I’ll stay in today’. Jinki smirked.

Jonghyun lit up. Placing it down on a small plate and adding his drink beside it. He then passed it over. ‘It’s on the house today’.

‘Oh really why?’ The elder male smiled.

‘Because I said so, now don’t ask questions’. He then turned to the next customer and took their order. Jinki smiling as he sat down and while eating his lunch, watched Jonghyun with a bashful smile.

~

A young child prodded at the glass covering, where many fillings of sandwiches showed. Him pointing three what he wanted in his sandwich.

‘I wan dat…and I wan dat!’

The boy’s older brother was rolling his eyes, as Minjung filled his sandwich. She was smiling at how sweet the little one was. She had a little soft spot for children. Beside her another worker by the name of Kim Kibum also known more popularly as Key, was serving the drinks.

‘That will be £3’ Minjung smiled up at the older brother.

The male looked her up and down. ‘If I tell you you’re y and can I have your number will you take off a pound?’

At this Minjung laughed, and held her finger and thumb to the bridge of her nose. She then held out her hand. ‘I’ll make it more if you don’t stop trying to flirt with me right now, because I will come over there and squish you. Just so you know I’m already taken’.

‘What if I’m much better than your ‘Boyfriend?’ The male asked with a smirk. ‘I could make you see stars you didn’t know existed.’ He wriggle his tongue at her.

‘Dude, it took her current boyfriend 6years to get her to be his girlfriend, I’d stop…she will squish you!’ Key spoke out.

‘7 Actually’ Minjung admitted.

Key snorted. Putting change in the till and walking away. ‘Good luck dude!’

The male ended up buying another sandwich for himself, trying to woo Minjung but only getting the girl to threaten chopping off his male organs and making him eat it. But said in such a way that the young child beside him wouldn’t understand. The male left her a piece of paper with a phone number on.

Minjung accidently dropped it in the bin.

The door tingled again and Jinki finally stepped in, looking to the counter but looking a little saddened to not see his flirty friend.

Minjung disappeared into the back, and Key slowly walked over to take his order, when Jonghyun suddenly dashed out from the staff room at the back, and bounced over to the counter, grinning at Jinki as he leaned on his elbows again.

‘Hey!’

‘Hello’

‘What you doing?’

‘Come for lunch, my regular please!’

Jonghyun then slowly moved, even though knowing his favourite sandwich, he pointed at every bread kind and every filling and even every sauce, to ask him if he wanted it. Jinki pleasantly patient at each request, and responding with a simple yes or no.

As Jinki then sat in his favourite spot eating his lunch, and checking his watch to not be late back. Jonghyun watched over him, even going as to clean up the tables around him.

‘He should just ask him out and get it over with!’ Key spoke, passing a drink of tea to an elderly lady. ‘Then if he rejects him he can move on.’ He thanked the women for her money.

Minjung shrugged. ‘Maybe he scared of being rejected. The man wears a wedding ring see’. She pointed.

Kibum’s eyes widened and he looked over to see in fact Jinki was wearing a wedding band. The older male picked up the small tissue that was given with his food, and dabbed his lips before standing. Jonghyun watching and waving, as the man said his goodbyes.

Jonghyun then sighed, sitting on his chair and pouting.

~

Taemin was now there, no longer in that leather outfit but wearing smart work trousers, and white shirt. He passed a drink over to a customer. Before talking to next one. Kibum was cleaning worktops and Jonghyun and Minjung was sorting out the finances of the month in the back room. The two were currently the ‘Managers of SHINee’s world, Café & Food’. Jonghyun’s parents used to own the place, and had given him the café, since they didn’t think his ‘Music career’ would get very far. Minjung was very good at maths and tended to help him, and was the ‘assistant’ manager. And she was a long time friend of the family. His parents had hoped for them to pair up in the future. But when Jonghyun admitted he liked males instead, his parents then hoped he would find someone who loved him.

Kibum then bounced into the room looking at Jonghyun and pointing back out ‘You better come…quickly!’

‘Why?’

‘Jinki’s crying…’

~

‘I got…suspended’ The man sniffled. ‘I am not to return to my work place for at least two weeks’.

Jonghyun rested his hand on Jinki’s shoulder. ‘Those evil bas-’

‘I deserved it, I punched my…boss’. The male heaved on a loud sob.

Jonghyun opened his mouth then closed it. ‘Oh!’ He patted the males shoulder again in his attempt at comforting. Minjung nudged a tissue box at Jonghyun and the male took a few, holding them to the sniffling male. ‘Will you be okay?’

Jinki shrugged blowing his nose loudly. ‘My life is falling apart right now, this is the only place where I don’t feel so bad’. Jinki smiled up at the male. ‘You make me smile every morning you know? and in the afternoon, and evening’. His cheeks rose as he showed his pearly teeth. ‘Thank you for that!’

Jonghyun blushed. ‘Well anything for my favourite costumer.’

Kibum placed a glass of water on the table and Jinki thanked him.

‘What did you do to the manager?’ Key then asked. Earning a glare from Jonghyun, despite his own curiosity.

‘Punched him…because he made a pass at my wife’

‘Oh you’re married?’ Kibum asked.

Jonghyun shuffled away a little, picking at his fingernail.

‘Correction…Ex wife…I’m currently getting divorced’. Jinki admitted.

‘Oh no, what happened?’ Kibum sat in front of him. He was basically asking the questions he knew Jonghyun wouldn’t.

‘Well…we were best friends since childhood and… I just thought we mixed well… but deep down I always knew that…’ Jinki glanced at Jonghyun before looking at his lap ‘I knew that I was gay…That I liked men… and we…well she understood you know. She said she always knew, and so yeah. We parted on good terms but my Boss thought that…groping her in front of me would be funny. I am still her friend and I do love her. I couldn’t control my anger so…’.

‘Listen, if my boss did that to my girlfriend, I would smack him down hard too’. Kibum said in support.

‘I’m your boss’ Jonghyun spoke up.

Kibum nodded, ‘Yeah I know, so if you ever try and touch Ari I will break you’. He glared and motioned that he was watching him.

Jinki chuckled. ‘I should go now’ he made his stand to leave. ‘I’m still welcome to come tomorrow right?’

Jonghyun nodded. ‘Very welcome’.

Jinki then reached out and pulled Jonghyun into a strong hug. The younger male taking in his sweet scent. ‘Thank you for letting me cry here…I appreciate it. Goodbye’

Everyone then chorus a Goodbye. As the door then tingled shut Kibum locked it, making sure the closed sign was available to see. He turned around looking at Jonghyun and pointing after the man.

‘Okay listen, if you don’t ask this guy on a date and cheer him up, I’m going to go find someone for him! Capeash!’

He then turned away, before banging his hand at the countertop startling the smooching couple. ‘Yah! What is this, do I have to see this every time you two are in the same room?’

Minjung then started looking at Kibum, with a glare that made him slowly back away. Kibum hissed his teeth before going to collect a few cups left around and the two Minjung and Taemin returned to their kiss.

~

Jonghyun came in bright and early that next day. Setting up the tables and chairs and turning on the machine. Taemin turned up 20minuites later looking like he hadn’t slept. And mentioned something about he had been snoring to loud, so Minjung kicked him out, and the sofa wasn’t very comfortable. No sooner did 8.00am arrive, the door jingled and Jonghyun watched as Jinki in the most basic casual looking clothing he owned, of a blue pair of jeans and a green polo shirt stepped in.

‘I would have thought you’d be having a lay in today?’ Jonghyun commented in surprise. ‘I would, I’d stay in bed till noon’.

‘I’m so used to waking up this early that… well I got up early and I wanted to come here’. He smiled.

‘I like your Green shirt’ Jonghyun smiled.

‘Thanks, it’s my favourite colour’

‘You want your regular?’ Jonghyun asked.

‘Yeah please, I may break my tradition later on this week though.’

Jonghyun chuckled, telling him to sit down as he would get his drink for him and it was on the house since he was their first customer. Taemin watching him with a confused look on his face. Normally Jonghyun was crawling over the countertop looking like he would pounce the man.

‘You can sit in your favourite spot, I’ll bring it over.’ The manager spoke when Jinki resisted.

‘Will you come join me?’ he asked.

‘Sure, I just need to bring some stuff out from the fridge’.

Jinki nodded with a smile. ‘I’ll be waiting’.

20minuites later Jonghyun was sat opposite Jinki. The two talking about how long this little place had been running and Jonghyun asked him why he came here that day so long ago.

‘Well I was hungry, and the canteen didn’t have any good foods, so I decided to check it out. I’d always passed it in my car. And I had come in a few mornings.’

‘Did you come by car today?’

‘No I got a taxi; I can’t use the work car park, and it’s really hard to park on this street’.

‘I’ll give you a lift home then’ the café owner smiled.

‘How about instead you drive me to a restaurant a few streets away, and I’ll treat you to dinner.’ 

 

 

 

 

 

Okay part one done. I hope I didnt 2minblah to much. I wanted them as a side pairing but I love them haha. Anyways. There you go :D Comment and I try and get the second chapter up soon. I want my writers block to break T.T )

 

 

Comment x