Final

Shut Up and Kiss Me

"Thanks for the invite, Hoshi. You're awesome at throwing parties!" You clinked your plastic red cup with Hoshi's, and he simply laughed. "Dude, I have my reputation for a reason! Now, c'mon! Let me introduce you to some friends of mine, you'll love them." Hoshi, who's real name is Kwon Soonyoung, was famous at Pledis College for throwing huge parties that every student, first year or third year, liked attending. He was the life of the party, and it didn't hurt that he had a summer house for throwing parties. You weren't the most popular or pretty girl around, but Hoshi had been a good friend since high school, so you always got an invite. Who'd turn down free alcohol?

You bit the rim of your plastic cup, letting the hand on the small of your back guide you to a group of handsome college boys. With a swift motion, Hoshi sat you down next to a rather foreign looking guy, who smiled at you. He was probably one of the most handsome at the table, with his dark hair and light brown eyes, face holding sharp features that looked as if they could cut.

"Babe, this is Vernon, Seungkwan, Joshua.." Hoshi introduced every one of his friends, who, due to prior knowledge, you recognized as Hoshi's new clique in college. He had a habit of calling girls he was close to babe, not that he had many close girl friends. You barely paid attention past the first name, who happened to be the handsome guy sitting to your left. "Aw, come on, Hosh! She looks like she's already got her sights set on Vernon!" One of the taller guys, Mingyu perhaps, blurted out. You fought back the blush that was rising to your cheeks. Vernon laughed, reaching out for your hand and patting it.

"Mingyu doesn't mean any harm, he just assumes a lot of things." He gave you a dazzling smile, and slipped his arm around your waist. Vernon was cute, and definitely had many charms, so you shrugged it off and let his hand remain there. The thirteen of you had a good time joking around, especially at Hoshi's expense. When Vernon laughed, you noticed he had a habit of tugging you closer to him every time. You couldn't help but smile at his antics, and happily snuggled up next to him.

Well, at least until your ex appeared.

Exactly the same as you last saw him, the tall, handsome guy strode into the party, a smirk visible on his face. You gasped, and your hands clenched Vernon's shirt. "Hey, is everything okay?" Vernon's eyes filled with worry, and the other eleven at the table were oblivious to what was going on. "Nothing.. Sorry. Just a douchebag ex." You let go of his shirt, and he tugged you closer to him. "If he even thinks about touching you, he's going to be sorry, alright? We're here, there's thirteen of us. He wouldn't dare." You nodded, praying he wouldn't notice you.

Of course he did.

He walked over, swagger in his step. "What a surprise, I didn't expect to see you at this party. Y'know, since you skipped out on the last ten or so we were supposed to attend together." You snorted, the last time you went to a party with him, he ended up drunk and had with another girl. "Wonder why, anyway." You muttered, and Vernon slipped an arm around your waist. "Dude, just leave my girl alone. It's not cool for you to talking to my girlfriend like that." You felt your chest swell with pride as Vernon addressed you as his girlfriend.

"Please, who'd date some prude like her? She couldn't even spread her legs for me, not even once. Besides, you two don't even look that close? You, her boyfriend?" Your ex stepped forward, a deep growl emitting from the back of his throat. Vernon moved to stand, but you rested your hand on his chest. "Not worth the trouble, leave it." By now, the entire table's attention was on your ex, and Seungcheol in particular was snarling at him.

"In case you didn't hear him the first time, my brother said to leave his girlfriend alone. Get lost, before I make you." Seungcheol had stood up, and was cracking his knuckles. Your ex, however, wasn't even fazed. "I'll leave her alone, all right. Once I get proof she actually managed to move on from a great guy like me." He turned to you, that irritating smirk still on his face. "Heard me, right? Show me your proof then." You were beyond pissed, and wanted to wipe the smirk off his face. "Oh, I'll give you proof."

You swivelled around, and crashed your lips onto Vernon's. His eyes widened with shock, but eventually closed as he places his hands on your cheeks, kissing you back. You heard your ex curse and storm off, and the rest of the table launch into either squealing or making gagging sounds. Breaking the kiss, you groaned, covering your face. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that, I-"

"Woah, hold up. You mean to say you didn't mean to kiss me, after smashing your lips onto mine like that?" Vernon raised an eyebrow, and you sighed. "That wasn't what I meant, I just-" A grin crossed Vernon's face, and he leaned in to press his lips to yours again. "You talk too much." He laughed, after breaking your second kiss of the day. Red faced and embarrassed, you crossed your arms as Vernon snuggled up to you.

"Don't be like that, come on." He nudged your shoulder lightly, before leaning in to whisper in your ear. "How about we ditch this party? Let's go somewhere together, like an escapade." You took his hand, and without warning, the both of you sprinted out Hoshi's house, leaving the other eleven in complete confusion. Laughing all the way to Vernon's car, you slid into the passenger's seat in the front, and grinned as Vernon flashed you a cheeky smile.

"Y'know, the party was getting kinda boring." Vernon spoke, and you tilted your head. "Really?" He nodded, sticking in his car keys and revving up the engine.

"After all, I found something way more interesting than that."


[A/N: Thank you for reading 'Shut Up and Kiss Me', I hope you enjoyed this short oneshot! Much love from the author.]