Beginning

Forget-Me-Not (CHECK CHAPTER SIX FOR IMPORTANT MESSAGE)
XSYKOTICA
Beginning

Not being able to sleep much the entire night due to nervousness and excitement, Wendy felt groggy waking up. She went to the bathroom to wash up, and although the shower and the water had cleared up her grogginess a bit, she couldn't help but feel tired. With her hair firmly wrapped in a towel, she came back to her room to pick out an outfit for herself. She needed something simple yet pretty, so that she could leave a good impression on the staffs as well as other actors and actresses. After much thought, she finally decided on black jeans with simple lacy top, and then headed back towards the bathroom to brush her teeth.

"What time are you leaving?" Yeri asked, opening the bathroom door.

"I'm leaving as soon as I'm ready, so in about 10 minutes," Wendy responded.

"Okay. Irene made breakfast for us so if you want some, come downstairs."

Wendy brushed her teeth carefully, not wanting to have a bad breath. When she went down, she was given food to eat by her sister, but she refused and instead made coffee for herself. Although the effectiveness of coffee is yet to be proven for Wendy, she just felt better after having drunken it.

"What time are you going to be back?" Irene asked.

"I'll be back before dinner time, I think," Wendy replied. "But I'm not sure."

"I need you back before dinner time. I'm going out with my friends so I need you to make dinner for Yeri."

"What? You can't just do that! I have a life too, you know."

"Life? Well, you can invite Taeil over like you always do."

Wendy felt a little offended that her sister had narrowed down the list of her friends to just Taeil, but then soon agreed that she only had Taeil as a friend. He was the only friend she wanted, anyways.

"I'm heading out now," Wendy said. "Wish me luck."

"Don't embarrass yourself, Wendy," Irene said.

 

Although Wendy wanted to ask her sister to drive her, she very well knew that Irene would never agree to that. So Wendy stood at the bus stop, looking at her phone for the bus routes. She needed to go to Shinsa Station, which wasn't too far from her house, but far enough that she needed to take a transportation. Unable to figure out how to get there, as she only took transportation going and coming from school, she looked around to ask someone for help. As she looked around to ask someone for help, she noticed a black car parking in front of her, where the bus should stop.Wendy stood there, staring at the car, as its front window rolled down. Inside, hidden inside the darkness, Taeyong was behind the wheels.

"Wendy-ssi," he said. "Get in. I'll give you a ride."

"What?" Wendy asked, confused.

"Get in. We are going to same place anyways."

"Oh, okay. Thank you. You didn't have to..."

Wendy trailed off, while getting into the car. This kind of nice action coming from the arrogant Lee Taeyong was very unexpected. She fastened her seatbelt and sat straight and stiffly, unsure what to do or say. After few minutes, Taeyong broke the silence.

"Did you get to read through the script?" he asked.

"Oh! Yes I did."

Wendy brightly smiled, pulling out her already marked script from the bag. Last night, before falling asleep, she had gone through her lines at least once as she could not fall asleep easily. The movie starts with a sweet boy, with great ambition, but not much opportunity. Later, when he is given chance to change his life completely, he turns out to be a vicious killer, and due to his ambition, he leaves everything he once loved behind to pursue his dream and vengeance. Taeyong plays the role of Daeho, who is a sweet boy at the beginning of the movie, and Wendy was playing the role of Taeyong's high school sweetheart, Jihye, who later gets killed. For that reason, although her scenes were short, whenever she appeared, she was almost always with Taeyong. Her thoughts were confused as to if she is excited or disappointed at the fact that she is with him at all times. Excited because she still was his fan, but disappointed because she did not want to have to deal with his arrogance any longer.

"It's written by one of my favorite script writer ever, Kim Eunhee," Taeyong said.

"Yes, I'm quite a fan of her work."

The scriptwriter had written scripts for many films and tv shows, and now was one of the most well-known in Korea for thrillers, mysteries, and action. Often in her work, people were killed, and luckily or not, Wendy had the "honor" to die in the film.

Unable to keep the conversation going, Wendy's lips dried, which she consistantly as a habit.

"I hope I'm not making you uncomfortable."

Startled, Wendy looked up, shaking her head no.

"No, no. I'm just, really nervous that's all."

"Oh, don't be. They are all my good friends. All really friendly!"

Wendy smiled in relief, but then realized she could possibly have to deal with hundred other Taeyongs. Sighing and praying that wouldn't happen, Wendy comfortably sank into the car seat. She flipped over to one of the last pages of the script, which was still unwritten. As she was not yet killed, she assumed that she would have a bit more lines in the movie, which she was grateful for. She decided to read over the script one last time, when she was inturrupted by Taeyong's calling.

"We're here," he said.

He smiled at Wendy, and leaned over to unbuckle her seatbelt. Surprised by his act of kindness, Wendy froze for the slightest second.

"I'm just practicing my role, okay?" he said. "No need to be so awe-struck by it."

Scoffing at his arrogance, Wendy scoffed with a fake smile on her face and jolted open the car door, which she slammed behind her. What did she expect? All of Taeyong's act of kindness were fake and "acting" for the scenes that they would have to film eventually. When she got out of the car, she stood facing a large building, which read "Lotte Hotel". She took a deep breath and headed inside. Inside, there were signs hung on the wall, which directed to the conference room, where they would have the script reading. There were many cameras leaving and entering the conference room, as well as some actors and actresses entering the room. It all felt like a dream. Wendy was finally given an opportunity, on television. A dream that she had kept within herself for long. Smiling, she headed towards the conference room before getting stopped by a security guard.

"Miss, you can't go inside unless you have a pass," he said, blocking Wendy's paths.

Wendy froze, unsure of what to do. Would he believe her if she told him that she was part of the movie film production? Wendy stood, biting at her lip when a familiar voice came to her rescue.

"She's with me," Taeyong said, from behind.

"Oh, Mr. Lee," the guard recognized. "How have you been? I haven't seen you in a while."

"I'm doing well, Mr. Choi. I hope your daughter is well?"

"Yes, yes. She's graduating kindergarten soon!"

The small talk between the two continued, as if they didn't realize Wendy was listening to their entire conversation. After a few minutes, Taeyong was called in by the movie director, and realizing that Wendy was still standing there listening, he dragged Wendy into the conference room. Wendy awkwardly stood by the door, scanning the room. Famous actors and actresses were already gathered in the room, sitting down on a long table that stretched across the room. Taeyong took a seat next to his role's older self, played by actor Ji Changwook. Taeyong then motioned Wendy to sit next to Jo Bo-ah, who later has love interest with Ji Changwook's character after Wendy's character dies. Wendy hurried toward the seat and bowed her head to her senior.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Wendy-imnida!"

Actress Jo Bo-ah had nice smile on her face, which comforted Wendy.

"Nice to meet you Wendy," Bo-ah said. "You must be the rookie actress. Please take a good care of me."

"Oh no," Wendy said, shocked. "I should be the one saying that! Please take a good care of me!"

Then the director clapped his hands to get everyone's attention.

"Everyone thank you for coming," he said. "I know each and every one of you are busy, but having this opportunity to read through is really crucial and I'm really thankful that you all showed up. Now, please go around and say your name and the role you will be playing."

Starting with actor Ji Changwook, then moving to Taeyong, the actors and actresses stood up and bowed. When it came to Wendy's turn, she stood up nervously from her seat and bowed.

"Annyeonghaseyo, My name is Son Wendy and I am the child actress part for the role of Yoon Jihye. Nice to meet you all."

As she took her seat, everyone clapped their hands. From her left, she could hear jealous murmurs of other actresses.

"Did you hear?" Someone said. "She got casted as such a big role despite being a rookie just because Taeyong set her eyes on her."

"Waa-- Really?" Another person asked.

"Yes! Do you know who she misplaced? She placed Kim Sejeong. THE Kim Sejeong!!"

"You mean the famous child actress? Taeyong's ex?"

"YES!" She exclaimed, a bit too loudly.

Everyone looked towards her direction, and the two girls talking behind Taeyong and Wendy's back looked flustered, sliding down their chair not to be seen. Wendy was in utter shock. Is it true that Wendy has replaced Kim Sejeong? And what did they mean, "Taeyong's ex"? There were too many confusions for Wendy, and throughout the entire script reading, Wendy set uncomfortably, twitching in her seat every now and then.

 

After about five hours, the reading had finally ended, and Wendy felt free. After saying her goodbyes, Wendy quickly gathered her belongings and rushed out the door. Just as she was about to leave, someone caught her arm and turned her around.

"Wendy-ssi, wait. Why are you in such a hurry?" Taeyong said, swirling her around. "I'll drive you back home. Just wait few more minutes."

"No, no," Wendy declined. "I must get going now."

"Are you alright?" Taeyong asked. "Your face seems a bit red."

"I'm fine. I... I... I just have a question."

"What is it?"

Wendy bowed her head down, not wanting to meet Taeyong's eyes.

Taking a quick breath, Wendy asked, "Is it true that I replaced the famous child actress, Kim Sejeong?"

"What?" Taeyong asked, shocked.

"Is it true that I replaced the famous child actress Kim Sejeong?" Wendy asked once again.

"Where did you hear that?"

"I... Just heard someone talking about it at the script reading."

Taeyong suddenly bursted out into laughing, catching Wendy by surprise.

"I... I'm sorry," Taeyong apologized, still giggling. "It's just.. The fact that you think you are already at Sejeong's standards... The thought of it made me laugh. Sejeong is one of the best child actress and you are just a rookie, yet you are already thinking that you could've possibly replaced her."

Although Wendy was offended by Taeyong's remark, she had no choice but to agree that Sejeong was at a higher rank and status than Wendy.

"Then why are those girls saying I replaced Kim Sejeong?" Wendy asked.

Taeyong shrugged and said, "Who knows. Since when did I care so much about gossips anyways. It's all false statements made up by some bored people who have nothing better to do.

Taeyong's comment made Wendy a bit embarassed. Of course it was all rumors. What was she thinking?

"Well Miss Son, if you are done interrogating me with questions, would you like to head out now?"

Realizing she trailed off to her own thoughts again, Wendy quickly apologized. Then the two of them headed downstairs together, towards the parking lot. Taeyong quickly found the car and opened the door for her. Then getting in the car himself, he reahced over to Wendy yet again to fasten her seatbelt. Wendy was a bit flustered, so she reminded herslef that Taeyong is simply practicing for their future love scenes.

"Aren't you hungry?" Taeyong asked. "I'm starving. Let's go get something to eat."

"Thank you, but no thank you," Wendy rejected. "I have to go home to take care of my younger sister."

"Ah," Taeyong said, in disappointment, but then brightening up. "Then let's go to your house! I'll cook for you guys."

"You cook?" Wendy asked, startled.

Taeyong didn't seem like much of a chef, nonetheless be able to even cut anything.

"Of course! I'm an excellent cook."

When they reached Wendy's home, they parked the car inside the garage and headed inside. As Wendy had not expected company, the house was a complete mess, as if it had gotten bombed, with stuff thrown all over the place. Whenever their parents were not home for a long period of time, the three sisters did not clean after themselves. Embarrassed, Wendy kicked things out of the way to make a path.

"Yeri?" Wendy called. "I'm home!"

Yeri ran out of her room and straight towards Wendy, hugging her tightly. Removing herself from Wendy, Yeri then realized the presnece of Taeyong and was in utter shock.

"YOU!" Yeri shouted, pointing to Taeyong. "You are Lee Taeyong!"

"Hello, Princess," Taeyong said ruffling Yeri's hair. "Pleasure to meet you."

Although Yeri froze for a moment, she soon broke out of the frozen state and hugged Taeyong tightly.

"I'm a fan!" Yeri exclaimed.

Taeyong chuckled, and then hugged back. Wendy was yet again embarrased and tried to separate Yeri, but was unsuccessful. Then the bell rang, and Wendy went to get the door. It was none other than Taeil, and Wendy was extremely happy to see him.

"Taeil!" Wendy exclaimed. "How did you know I got home?"

"I saw a car pulling up your driveway, so I assumed you were home. It's a car I've never seen before thought, whose is it?"

As if replying to Taeil's question, Taeyong walked towards the entrance. Taeil's smile faltered upon seeing Taeyong.

"We were just about to have dinner," Wendy said, trying to get rid of the tension in the air. "Join us, Taeil."

"No, it's okay," Taeil declined, smiling. "I didn't know you had company. Grandma's home by herself so I'll eat with her. Have a good night, Wendy."

Taeil turned around to leave, and although Wendy wanted to invite him in again, Taeyong stopped her.

"He says he doesn't want to eat with us, so why bother?" Taeyong said.

"Yes, but-"

"Come on," Taeyong said, cutting off Wendy. "It's getting late."

Frowning, Wendy headed into the kitchen. After few minutes, Wendy forgot about Taeil and spent the rest of the night talking and laughing with Taeyong.

-

HAHAHAHA

YES I AM A TERRIBLE AUTHOR UPDATING AFTER A WHOLE YEAR, BUT I UPDATED THAT'S WHAT COUNTS.

Also, this chapter is extra long, so you guys can take your time reading, and maybe even go back and read from the beginning since it's been a while xD

Sorry for being lazy, and I promise the next chapter (which is already half way written) won't take this long.

Thanks soooo much for reading!!

- Jisoo <3