One-shot

Winter Madness: Inhuman

NOTE: Normal fonts are for present events. Single quotation marks (' ') indicates their thoughts. Thus, Italics are for flashbacks. 

 

Winter came around in a short amount of time. It was quiet in the province. Birds got off the tree branches and find a place that could save them from the coldness. Just like last year when the season had a turn in months, many people woke up past the ordinary time they usually have their breakfast. Chills running through their spine and heat decreasing from their body. No one dared to move an inch on their mattress as they know, cold wind will eventually greet them right away. 

Snow isn't a new thing, nor a big deal in Busan. It happens every year in every corner of the whole country when Winter comes. Still, the kids will most likely go outside to play and build another annoying imperfect snowman, as he would describe it. 

Speaking of he, the boy that curled into a ball under the not-so-white- blanket, hissed in irritation and discomfort for the umpteenth point. He was endlessly shivering for about half an hour now. Hands shaking, thighs trembling and what he hated the most, is how his plump lips turned into a dry one. 

 

Winter never impressed Byun Baekhyun at all, not even once. For him, it was the worst season that he, unfortunately have to experience for a total period. He blames it for not being able to go at his friend's house to hang out on Christmas breaks. Or simply because he can't take a proper bath with the freezing liquid touching his pale skin. He would either boil hot water and soaked it on a cloth that could take him twenty minutes patting on his body. Other times would be him falling asleep, waiting for it to finish but would ended up not washing for the entire day. 

 

Gritting his teeth while quivering, he slowly let his small hands to reach for his side table. When he felt the sudden cool air, he quickly retrieve his hands and blew puffs, rubbing the two together. Looking at his palms with squinted eyes, he noticed the rapid change in it. His right is still a bit reddish, as his left became slightly dull and faded. 

". How am I supposed to live with these.." He said in a whisper tone, not after he paste a frown on his forehead. He breathed for a good amount of seconds before nodding confidently. "You can do this, Baekhyun. Just get the damn phone and you're set." 
Baekhyun did minor pumps as he concentrate on one thing. And that is to get his life saver.

Lifting a partial part of the blanket, he peeked and saw the device lying there. With his clear mindset, he did a swift movement and grabbed it harshly on his tight grip. As soon as his coated flesh got inside the comforter, he immediately let go of the object in his hands. How pity that his phone got affected with the horrible season. 

Succeeding on several friction with the bedsheets, Baekhyun checked on it until he knew it was fine to hold for a quite time. He fidgeted as his fingertips touch the keyboard on his screen. 

'I'm dying right now. Come quick." He clicked the send button, waiting for it to load in seconds before putting it under his pillow. Exaggerated. Yes. But who can blame him anyway? He can literally ran out of blood when he goes out there. 

 

Baekhyun was about to close his eyes when his phone vibrated. 

Sliding it out, he opened the message and was surprised that his friend didn't declined him. 'Okay. I'll be in ten.' He set the device aside and dreamed off.

He met Kim Jongdae, also known as Chen, a week ago, buying at the market that Baekhyun's mother ordered him to. That time, it hasn't been a day since he got here but he already found someone who can enjoy the break with him. He accidentally bump to him in the meat section when he was rummaging through the shopping list. Chen mouthed few curses while Baekhyun apologized endlessly. The other male decided to ignore the new-kid-in-town and left, but it wasn't until Baekhyun caught up to him and insisted on paying his bills, in return. 

Baekhyun theorized that Chen was a moody kind of guy. He'll smile when he's talking to you but then the next will be completely unpredictable. Sometimes, he's a flirt too, he concluded. When they were together, Chen would suddenly stare at him intimately with sharp eyes and will bite his lip afterwards. But he would pay no attention and would just laugh it off.

 

The mentioned friend didn't took long to head his way to the guy's house. After he said his greetings to Baekhyun's mom, he went upstairs and barged in, in his room. 

Hearing a door being faintly slammed against the wall, Baekhyun flinched under the covers. "Jongdae?" He called out, raising a brow. 

Instead of anticipating a reply, he felt the side of his bed deepened with a light weight. Grimacing as far as he could, he called again. "Are you there, Chen?" When he hears nothing aside from silence, he decided to turn around. But regretted afterwards as his great friend took off the blanket from him.

"Aaah!!!" He screamed on top of his lungs while letting is hands roam for something to hold on.

". Calm the down, Byun. You're overreacting!" Chen exclaimed, not fully aware that he was in other person's house.

Baekhyun jolted and stopped when he heard his friend's yells and curses, still gripping on the remaining sheets underneath him. 

Rolling his eyes, Chen threw the blanket at his back before motioning Baekhyun. "Get up."

Scowling at the demand, Baekhyun bent and brought his knees up to his chest. "No. I'm gonna die." He protested like a kid. 

Scratching his head back and forth in anger, Chen walked to his friend's closet and started pulling out clothes. This made Baekhyun alarmed and looked above his shoulder. 

"What are you doing?" He asked with a shaky voice. 

"You're not going to die, Baek. You're a man now. And a man shouldn't be scared of the damn coldness." He informed with sarcasm, still searching thick clothes for his somewhat-gay-as- best buddy.

 'This will probably the right time.'

 

Baekhyun's hand balled into fist as he tried standing up. Frowning everytime his skin is getting abused by the fresh breeze. He then gathered his courage and managed to put his feet on the ground. 

Finally whipping around, Chen rolled his eyes and sighed heavily. "Great. Now you can get out of this cave-like room." He said in disgust, while his sight wandered the place. "How do you even live here?" Taking note of the scattered packs of junk foods and crumpled paper.

Baekhyun knitted his brows in confusion. "What do you mean, so I can get out of this room?" 

Chen grinned widely. "I'm taking you to a whole new world~." He sang, pushing the clothes on Baekhyun's arms as he ran for the door.

"Jongdae!" He blurted as his head fumed in aggravation. 

 

Knowing his friend won't stop pestering him if he didn't go out of the house, Baekhyun just played along and got dressed.

Before departing from home, he made a reassurance of his outfit and put on layers of sweaters above that made him look like a ball. A cute small man-like ball to be exact. Chen could only laugh at his dumb looking companion for minutes, not until Baekhyun elbowed him in the stomach and shutting him up. 

 

"Are we there yet?" Baekhyun asked impatiently, scrunching more in his clothes. 
They've been walking for half an hour and the wind is not helping him get any warmer.

Chen nodded while smiling secretly. "Almost there." 

Groaning in pure irritation, Baekhyun gawk at him and continued producing heat using his hands. "This better be good, Kim Jongdae."

"Or else?" 

"Or else, I'll skin you alive." 

Mentally preparing himself for what seem like a surprise to him, Baekhyun wanted to strangle the figure beside him and just go back home. It's taking too long and he couldn't bare the cold much longer. 

Approximately, when he was about to bawl at the guy, Chen was already waving to a specific direction with a smile on his face. "Hey, guys!" He shouted as he panted at the end.


Baekhyun looked forward and raised his head for a good view. There he saw a couple of boys that supposed to be on their same age too. He felt relieved for a second that Chen didn't bring him to some old people's socializing party. 

As they reach the medium-sized cabin, cold air welcomed them and stopped to shudder. "I'm going to kill you." Baekhyun mumble as his body trembled.

Chen smiled nervously before rushing to the boys waiting. "Hey, would you mind my friend Baekhyun here?" He asked worriedly, eyeing Baekhyun who had trouble catching up.

As soon as he got a firm hold of himself, Baekhyun stood silently beside Chen and copied his gesture, glancing at the ten boys in front. 

The one on the right middle shook his head and threw a warm smile that made Baekhyun felt appeased. 

"No. Not at all." He said before stretching his hand out ahead and added, "Junmyeon. Kim Junmyeon." 

 

Taken aback by the gesture, Baekhyun only gladly took it and shook hands with Junmyeon while smiling sheepishly. After letting go, he had the chance to gaze at the remaining people behind and his expression suddenly changed. They were all eyeing him intensely. It looks like they're going to eat him. 

Joonmyeon must have noticed the younger male's face (granted, he knew he wasn't the only one) and stepped back, nudging the kid with the large ears. He glowered and whispered, "Stop it. You're scaring him." 

The guy jerked at the scold and mouthed a sorry to him as he fixed his gaze back to the shortie.

He approached Baekhyun with his big hands and smiled naturally at him. "I'm Chanyeol." 

Baekhyun returned the smile, though a bit awkward and shy. As if on cue, the rest of the guys stepped forward and Chen took the time to introduced them to him. They were all nice, considering they're strangers and haven't seen one another, he thought. But Baekhyun didn't missed that one similarity between them. They have cold hands. Really cold. He dismissed it anyways, thinking that it's Winter and having a cold body temperature is reasonable. 

 

"I'm sorry if we made you uncomfortable. It's just we never knew someone like you lived down the hill." The one with the poker face, Kris, apologized, not removing his signature expression.

Baekhyun bit his lower lip tightly, cursing in his mind. '. Am I that obvious?' He shrugged. "Yeah, me neither. I guess you're the only people that lives here." 

Kris chuckled at the remark before Junmyeon finally interrupted, avoiding the conversation to go further. He cleared his throat and Baekhyun and Chen turned to him. "Don't worry, we're not criminals, if that's what you're concerned about." 

"Yeah. Just make yourself at home." Sehun beamed, swiveling on his heel as he heads inside the cabin, clinging onto one of the guys' arm. Soon the others followed, including the two visitors. 

Glimpsing at the latter alongside him, Kris joked. "Not criminals, huh?"

Junmyeon prevented to laugh and nodded without even looking. "At least for now."

Kris smirked. "This is gonna be interesting." 

 

Although struggling, the ten boys eventually managed to get their eyes off the two. But each of them knows that their minds didn't. Sehun and Jongin got occupied with the game they're playing on play station they got from a victims' house, while Kyungsoo and Lay took the job of being the chef for the meantime, for the sake of the pair's starving stomach. They didn't want to eat meatless dinner, right? 

With no knowledge about acting around with other kinds, Junmyeon flustered for half an hour on where would they eat their meal. Luckily, Minseok was there to calmed him down and got an idea of running to the nearest convenient store to buy the utensils. Junmyeon thanked him and the one-lidded guy smiled in exchange. 

On the other side of the room was Tao, sleeping on the couch as Kris keeps on caressing and brushing his hair while staring into blank space mindlessly. Beside them was Luhan, who didn't have anything to do but to follow Junmyeon's restrictions to not touch any of the guys. Sighing, he focused on the rubix cube in hand, rearranging it before solving it again. 

 

Baekhyun didn't know what to keep himself active at the moment since everyone is busy, even Chen. He was surfing on his phone and laughing at some random video he found, Baekhyun envied him. Unfortunately, his own device died out minutes ago, just about when he was checking an interesting article. But he was curious about one thing concerning the males he's now with. They're something different in them. Baekhyun can't put his finger on it. 

"Chen?" He whispered after making sure that nobody were near them. 

Chen didn't looked up, nonetheless, he still lend his ears. "When did you met them?" 

"Who?" Chen asked. 

Baekhyun bobbed his head to the side. "Them." 

"Oh," Chen nodded. "Three days ago, when I was wondering in the woods." 

In the woods? Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows. "Why there?" He queried with curiosity. When Chen slowly turned to him with a weird cast, he changed the question. "No, I mean, what were they doing there?" 

"How am I supposed to know? I just got there when they were about to leave." Chen scoffed whilst searching on his phone again. "Why do you ask?" 

On the corner of Baekhyun's eyes, Minseok was coming to their direction so he didn't bother answering Chen's question, for the latter might hear them gossiping. 

"Do you mind?" Minseok excused, gesturing at the table. 

"Uh, no." Baekhyun promptly stood up, dragging Chen with him as he both sat them on the extra sofa. "Need help?" He offered, seeing the older putting the table cloth. 

"No. You're a guest." He objected. "Just sit there and wait." 

 

What they did and continuously doing is already a progress. None of them tried to hit on or move closer to the guests. Staying in their designated lanes, one feet far from males are ordered by the elders. It was as good as Junmyeon imagined. But not until the derp, Chanyeol, stretched his arms above his head that accidentally craned his neck to Baekhyun and Chen, who was beginning to get used to the place. He gulped willingly, eyes glued on the pale skin sticking on his body.

'White.' 'Glowing.' 'Fresh.' 'Feast.' Those four words that continuously ringing in his head won't go away. His definitely delicious. Him being stubborn himself just couldn't wait for ten in the evening comes. Everything about the brunette kid excites him. And of course, his stomach. 

 

Feeling a linked eyes boring big holes at his side profile, Baekhyun's limb hairs starts to rise up with tense. Pretending to casually adverting his attention to something else, he drummed his tips on his lap while his eyes roamed around in the house. There. Mr. Big Ears was observing him intently before stopping his rhythmic fingers. He wanted to somewhat smile at him but the other part of his mind was telling him otherwise. For one minute, they had a tough staring contest and that's when Baekhyun got nervous all of a sudden. Chanyeol wasn't blinking, while he himself almost dropped a tear. Almost. 

Preparing the table for lunch, Minseok set the final equipment afore damping his hands with a dry towel. In the midst of the act, his instinct clicked in. He abruptly halted and whirled his head to the right, where he caught the culprit. You're going to kill us, dumbo. 

"Chanyeol." He hailed sternly. 

The taller was actually the only one being called, but when the eldest of them all talked, everybody seemed to care with the exception of the two. However, not the entire audience looked but they were still listening. "You're like an idiot there. Does Baekhyun interests you?" He teased, to put the little guy at comfort. Though for Baekhyun, nothing changed. He just got more nervous that he currently is.

Chen, being the troll and confident he was, joined the teasing game Minseok pulled off. "Oooh~ You like my best friend, Chan? That's cool." He cooed that Baekhyun had to pinch his arm to stop.

But Chanyeol was too quick to answer. "Hell no." And then he shifted his sight to the game Sehun and Jongin were playing. 

"Psh." Minseok shook his head. Hold on Chanyeol. You're going to get him later. He knew Chanyeol better than anyone else and the kid's awfully bullheaded. And by the younger's fast reply, it wouldn't be hard to tell whether it's true or not. 

 

For the past four hours inside the warm cabin, the only thing the twelve males did was to eat snacks and watch a dozen of damn movies Chen brought with him. It was shocking though, seeing that he didn't have any bag with him but he got to stuff it all somewhere in his clothes or..his body. Yet, Baekhyun wasn't amused. Chen have a lot of space for ing and it was getting on his nerves. Not to mention, the brat didn't mind to hold his moans and pleases when their newfound friends was just inches from him.

As Baekhyun kept on ranting in his head about killing Chen at home, the ten inhumans watch in flatness. It was supposed to be exciting for all boys and might as well have a nice with the incredible scene before them. But they didn't appear to care. They can't do 'that' anyways. If ever they happen to be in the same scenario as the stars in the tape, they'll leave that person breathless. Literally. 

On the other hand was the engrossed erted kid, still feeling enchanted with the scenes. Barely finding the fly of his pants for a good release, Chen noticed the odd atmosphere surrounding him. He was expecting the room to be filled with groans and multiple panting. But there was none, except him of course. Pausing the video for him to not miss anything, he about-face the people sitting on the couch behind him and was met by a bunch of blank stares. He felt disappointed and down for what he did.

 "That wasn't good enough, was it?" He asked frantically. 

They all rolled their eyes in irritation and Baekhyun could only look away because of embarrassment for his friend. He should've stopped the damn thing earlier when he could, before he also felt himself getting hard. 

Being the nicest person- well, creature in the living area, Lay stood up and forcefully smiled as he claps his hand in exhilaration. "Why wouldn't we move to dinner, yeah?" He set his eyes on his watch. "It's already past eight in the evening." 

They didn't need to be told twice as everyone scattered out of their seats and dashed to the dining room, leaving Chen to fix everything. Each grabbed their own chairs while Kyungsoo and Lay settled the food in the table. It's kind of fascinating that they know how to cook amazing cuisine, despite of being foreign to most of human things. 

 

Baekhyun fixed his eyes on the pork belly that had Luhan chuckling on. He pushed the plate to Baekhyun and smiled. "Eat. It won't hurt, staring does." 

Flustered by his actions, Baekhyun nodded stiffly as he picked the serving fork and took a slice of the food. "Thanks." Placing down the dish on his platter, Baekhyun was too delighted and immediately eat a piece of the pork belly. Far from the knowledge that he got the males agape at the view, he continued eating happily. 

Trying to tune out on the incident before him, Chen wowed at how Baekhyun load his mouth with the pork easily and asked, "Is it good?" 

Full with smile on his face, Baekhyun swallowed all of the food before answering. "So good. I can't stop myself from eating." With that statement, Chen didn't waste anytime on getting some for his own and began chewing, matching the beat of Baekhyun's jaw.

 

Baekhyun mentally forgot everything. The food was too good to be true. He forgot about Winter and the coldness he was feeling earlier. One moment he didn't want to rise up from his bed but the next thing, he didn't want to leave this place. It's warm and cozy unlike their home. Especially with the chef's cooking, he can live with them already.

At the same time of his greatest fantasy, the ten males can't get their eyes off him eating. They were so caught up of ogling on every inch of their body that could led to drooling over them. They can't deny they're surely delicious. Juicy, even. Blaring skin, grazing tongues, alluring lips. If Luhan didn't catched the high-cheekboned guy, they wouldn't get this pretty boy in front of them. He captured big time. 

 

his lips for the last second, Baekhyun silently burped inside, for not to bring shame to himself. When he felt a strange feeling right after, he knew someone was staring. Again. And he quietly wished that it's not Chanyeol. That kid was scary as hell. But as he looked up, he didn't expect that all of them do. None of the guys teared their leer from their subject. Actually, he didn't quite understand what their expressions says. He gulped. Really hard. 

"Uh, why are you not eating?" Though his fingers fidgeted under the table, his mien remained calm and composed. 

Chanyeol peered at him sharply. "Do you want us to?" 

That question should've triggered Baekhyun to the fullest but he still ignored it and answered casually. "Of course." 

"Why?" Kyungsoo was the one who asked now. Chen was cut short with exchange of words by the guys both opposite and beside him. 

Baekhyun laughed anxiously, "Uh, because you also cooked them. Why won't you eat your own made?" 

The query was misunderstood by Junmyeon and mistook it for sarcasm. He stood up with much force that the chair fell off. "Fearless?" 

With the harsh blow, Chen's eyes paced to Baekhyun with agitation, but excitement didn't go away. This is going great. When he looked straight back, the rest of the guys was smirking at him and at that moment, he knew all of them won't let Baekhyun go easily. 

 

Baekhyun can't back out now. He just pulled the last straw and the best way to end this, is to answer. It wouldn't hurt, right? He imitated Junmyeon's movement but the difference was, he did it gently and with ease. "Yes."

 

Forming a thin line on his lip, Chen tapped his fingers out of their sight and whispered to Baekhyun. "Stop it, Baek. You're gonna get in trouble." He tried to pull him back on his seat, but was all in vain when he didn't stir on his spot. 

That instinct was still in his system. He actually can feel the pity. 

Junmyeon scoffed and shook his head. "You'll regret this night for the rest of your life. But that won't happen..because you won't be able to leave this place alive."

 

'Okay. Maybe talking back at someone's who's older than you is not a good idea.' Baekhyun frowned. "What are you talking about?" 

 

Junmyeon turned around as he glanced at the clock that read 9:15. "It's almost time. We have a lot of preparations to do." He said nonchalantly before adding a pitiful look to the two. "Get him." 

 

 

In Baekhyun's prospective, everything happened in a blink, and without further notice, he was dragged somewhere he didn't quite recall. They hit him in the neck that led to unconsciousness. But he didn't regret anything, especially onto speaking his thoughts out in front of others. Except for being convinced with Chen's idea on staying at a strangers' house, which obviously why their next destination is death. 

As soon as he felt his brain picking up, he slowly opened his eyes. The first thing that greeted him was the darkness. He can still see some visible outlines of the room though, which is good. This place is not that dim. He scanned the room in search for Kim Jongdae, at least a figure, but failed when he found no trace of the guy. As far as he can remember, he was the first to get immobile and he was scared on what they could have possibly did to his friend. 

He craned his head over his shoulder and that's when he realized something. His wrists were tied but his feet weren't. 

"Really?" Baekhyun scoffed. "Who would've thought of this?" 

"Me." Baekhyun jumped when a voice suddenly crept up to his ear. He crawled back to the side and cowardly faced the person. 

Chen was there with a light casting through his face, pretending to be a ghost. As he saw Baekhyun's scared reaction and wide eyes, he bit back his laughter and chuckled silently. 

"You ing ." Baekhyun whispered as he regained consciousness with Chen's prank on him. "That is not funny. We're going to get killed, ." He hissed, showing Chen his hands. "Get this off me." 

Chen stopped what he was doing and put the phone on his pocket, quickly untying Baekhyun's wrists. "Fine. Sorry. I'm just trying to ease the situation." 

When he was done, Baekhyun shook the tie from his hands and faced him again. "How did you escaped?" 

"I didn't literally escaped. I was just inches away from you." Chen explained as he pointed at a certain direction. "But when I woke up, I saw you and felt slightly relieved. I also remembered that my phone is with me. I just kind of..want to play games with you." He laughed nervously as he reached the last sentence. 

Baekhyun pasted a blank face. "Kind of?" 

"Yeah."

"Well, your joke isn't funny. And you do realize we're trapped in here forever, right?"

Chen shrugged and shook his head. "Nope."

"What?" Baekhyun frowned in confusion.

 

Standing up, Chen pulled Baekhyun with an arm and grinned. "There's a small gate near here. We'll go through that." 

Baekhyun nodded and followed where his friend is leading him to. As they were coming to the end of the room, he took the image of a square and weird-looking hole. He halted and crease his eyebrows before staring at Chen's back figure. "Hey, Jongdae? Stop."

After hearing the other's request, Chen obeyed and turn his head to the left, showing Baekhyun his side view. "What is it?"

"Are you sure we're going to the right place?" 

"Of course." Chen panned. "Just follow me." With that, he started walking again with Baekhyun tailing him. 

Baekhyun felt shivers all over his body. But he didn't mind it and continued. 

Once they reached their escape, Chen instantly knelt down to its level and removed the metal gate that was blocking the way. He seemed to be stronger. Baekhyun thought how his friend shortly got a full strength when he's not even lifting weights. The kid barely exercise and just slacks off in his house. 

Chen looked at him with long-faced, he motioned. "Get inside. I'll catch up behind you." 


Truthfully, he doesn't want to be rude at this kind of situation, but Baekhyun doubt the idea. The hole is dark and it smells. He doesn't like the feeling of this. 

As if he read what was going on the male's head, Chen smiled a little and reassured him. "Don't worry, no one's going to eat you there. Unless you want to stay here and wait for those creeps to come at you." 

"." Baekhyun muttered before giving up and throwing away his thoughts. He knew this will be over. The trip might not be that long and besides, what Chen said was true. If they don't leave right now, those weirdos will surely appear. "Okay." He nodded before pulling his jeans up a little, so it won't hurt his thighs. 

 

Past Baekhyun's actions, Chen glanced around him before smirking. Tagging along, he closed the extent with the gate as he sensed the other exhaled deeply. "Just keep going. You'll eventually make it to the end." 

That was the last sentence Chen let out, which turn to be a reminder for his careless friend. But what confuses Baekhyun the most, was the way he talks. Not an hour ago, he was joking around and making fun of him and now, he's different. It was the tone of his voice. It was stern and precise. Kim Jongdae was never like that when he speaks and it suddenly freaks the out of him. It's not like him. But it's reasonable (or that's what he scrutinized) because they were in a life-and-death condition. 

 

For about ten minutes of thinking and keeping his cool to maintain, Baekhyun's face lit up when he saw a light not far from where they are. He was about to look behind him for the signal, when Chen abruptly did an overtake, passing by him. With all his force, Chen stretched his leg up and kicked the gate to the other side, causing a loud thump on the floor. 

Baekhyun flinched for a second before hopping off after Chen, who was observing their environment. He, himself also noticed the surroundings and scrunched his face once the aroma clogged in his nose. It looks like another basement but more disgusting and uncomfortable. It was strange because there's actually nothing dirty or something that will make that foul odor. It smells like dead animal and fire.

"Let's go. The door's over there." Chen pointed, running for the door he mentioned and opened it as Baekhyun nodded in agreement. They were both led to other side of the cabin. 

Baekhyun grimaced and was surprised by that. How could a basement have a passage out to the house? But he remembered, that wasn't a normal house they have gotten their selves inside. It was more than a mystery. And Baekhyun chose not to find out. 

Chen turned to him and patted his back, he asked. "Feeling better?" 

Baekhyun replied with a smile presenting on his dry lips, that made Chen promptly gulp unaware. "Yeah. How did you know this place so well? I mean, you said you only met them days ago.." He said squinting his eyes high up. 

Chen scratched his head and shrugged. "Guess I'm that smart." 

Staring at each other weirdly for the longest time they can recollect their bonds, Baekhyun broke the silence with a wholeheartedly laugh and soon, Chen joined him.   'You're mine now.'

 


It was already midnight that they reached to Chen's house that he offered Baekhyun to stay in for a while. Baekhyun knew his mother knows Jongdae and won't worry that easily. Morning will creep out on the dot anyways. After he sat on the couch on the leaving space, Chen excused himself and got in to his bedroom, probably to change clothes. He thought. 

While waiting for his friend to come back, Baekhyun leaned back and rest his head on top. There was so many things that happened that day..or yesterday, since the time just hit passed twelve. He didn't know that waking up in Winter could be so stressful, other than the same season that gone by. This is much disturbing. With all that thinking, he didn't realized he was slowly dreaming off. 

 

Seeing the petite body alone, Chen quietly sneaked to the fridge and grabbed two bottles of liquor for them to enjoy. From the distance, he saw the short guy closed his eyes and that's when he sat beside him, literally waking him up. "What's that?" Baekhyun asked with droopy eyes. 

Chen grinned and opened the bottles with a bottle opener, he answered, "An alcohol for success." 

Baekhyun laughed. "Success, you say?"

The guy only nodded and held his bottle before directly pushing it to his lips, taking the strong sensation of the drink. He stopped and gazed at Baekhyun, who was looking straight at the bottle. "Shot. It won't hurt, staring does." 

Shaking his head, Baekhyun took his bottle and drank. But once the liquid did a harsh wave on his throat, the more he acquired what Chen had retorted. He knew he heard something familiar to that phrase. 

'Eat. It won't hurt, staring does.' Right. The deer-looking guy said that. 

the remains of the bitterness on his lips, Baekhyun set the bottom of his bottle on his lap. Peering at Chen who was tapping his fingertips on the body of the steel, he blinked.

 "Jongdae." 

Though he didn't look at him, Chen perked his ears up. "Hm?"

"What happened to those guys?" He asked. 

"Whose 'those guys' you're talking about?" Chen chuckled, taking another shot of the alcohol.

"Here we go again in playing dumb." He replied and rolled his eyes. "You know who I'm talking about. Those guys who you called 'friends'." Baekhyun cracked his voice and he was getting a bit sobber. 

Smirking, Chen shut his eyes in seconds and when it unfolded, they began to turn red. Fuming red. 

When Baekhyun thought that he was taking too long to answer, he wondered. He couldn't quite see Chen's face due to their position and the male was looking to the front. He scowled and asked again. "Jongdae? Is there something wrong?" 

 

 

"Nice acting, Chen." Chanyeol complimented and grinned at the guy across him. "He really did trust you completely." 

Chen shrugged. "What can I say? I'm good at everything I do." 

"The video was good though." Chanyeol winked at him, laughed for a minute before settling down. "I sometimes think, why can't we do those things.." 

"Because we're not humans." Chen replied coldly, putting his hands inside his pocket. 'You're dumb as hell, don't you notice that?'

"Yeah yeah." Kris mocked and rose from his seat. "Stop with your bulls and Chanyeol," 

Chanyeol raised his eyebrows. "What?"

"Carry this kid to the first basement. I'll go with the rest at the second. " The elder commanded and the younger could only groan in irritation as he swept Baekhyun off his feet with less force, laying the fragile body on his shoulder. 

Chen watched everyone was out of his sight and put a devilish grin. "They're such a fool."


Stepping down the basement, Chen walked passed by Baekhyun's unconscious figure casually as he hums a random tune. This is worth it. Definitely worth it. Arriving at the second part of the basement, each and every member was preparing. 

Although back facing, Junmyeon knew the last person came. "Hurry up and take a seat. We're starting in a few." He said as everybody gathered in a circle. 

But Chen just stood by the door frame, with arms crossed. 

"Chen. Get moving." Luhan said harshly. 

Chen reached for his pocket and took out a small item. Match box. He chuckled, shaking his head as he joggle the object in his hand. They all looked at him in daze and confusion. "You know, I can't believe smart people- well, intelligent bloodsucking creatures like you would let me in." He pulled the carton slowly. "The worst thing you would do in your never-ending life, is to turn me into one of you." As he stopped, he picked a stick and aimed it at the rough side of the carton. "Like I said, I'm good at everything I do. But now, I'm the best at doing this." He emphasized, scratching the tip of the stick as a flame lit up. Throwing it to the group who was grunting, he watched their bodies burn and turned into ashes. 

 

Afterwards, Chen knows what to do next. And that is to get Byun Baekhyun.

 

 

Breaking the bottle with one hand, Chen's palm turned white as the alcohol drips downwards the floor. Baekhyun winced at the sound and scooted away from him. He knew it. He knew something was off, but he neglected it. He couldn't believe himself, his own soul, even, to put his trust to someone he met at the grocery store a week ago. He speculated that he was just a kid with extraordinary personalities. But he was wrong.
 
Those stares that Chen would give him was one of those signs. Or maybe how his mood changes whenever he's around.

Jongdae isn't normal. He's out of his mind and he shouldn't be here. 

"I know what you're thinking. But I'm not crazy, Baekhyun." He said, shifting on his seat. "This is all their fault. Those guys you're talking about earlier. They did this to me." He faced Baekhyun with a pitiful expression, like he was persuading him. "They made me a bloodsucking boy." 

"N-no." Baekhyun shook his head, standing up. Not wanting to believe his words again. "Stop this." He tried to laugh it off like he usually do, but Chen didn't move. "You can play with me some other days. Now is not the right time." 

Chen's fist curled into a ball. "I'm not and you know that." 


 

The sound of leaves bristling to one another as the wind pass by them harshly, was the only ound in the forest. As the boy reached his hiding spot, he settled there for a while, constantly looking around him. He breathed out heavily, clutching his chest with his pale hands as he leaned on the tree.

 If he knew that this would happen, he shouldn't have abandoned his home and stayed there for the rest of the day. The only plan is to just check out where the dog's howls and cries were coming from, but as he saw the animal lying helplessly with blood scattered, he was determined to know what happened. 

But curiosity kills the cat and this is his punishment. 

"Chen is the name, is it?" A cheeky voice asked peering down at him. 

Chen widened his eyes and trembled. With a turtle-pace speed, he looked up and was terrified when he realized the guy was sitting comfortably on the branch of the tree. 

. How did he got there..

"We're not humans, kid. That's why I'm up here." He said as he climbed down. Chen quickly stood up and glared at the deer boy. 

"Say goodbye to your happy days." Another voice popped and with one last blink, the ten inhumans filled their thirsty throats with the younger's blood. 

Feeling contented and satisfied as ever before leaving the poor body in the woods. 

They all think it was over. What they didn't know, is that he would be stronger. 

 


As soon as his feet landed on a particular home, Luhan made his appearance known into knocking down a vase placed above the table. "ChenChen~ I'm here." he sang in a melodic voice while leaning beside the door frame. 

Chen thought twice if he would go downstairs and come right face to face with the devil. It was something he, now, had to bear every once in a week. Today was Luhan, sometimes Junmyeon, other times would be the dragon, Kris. None of them gave him peace when he object to their orders, and he probably don't want another family-related to identify in the morgue. 

So without hesitation and regret, he heaved deeply as he waved a hand to Luhan's way. "Hey. What's supposed to be the reason for your visit?" 

Standing straight, Luhan paced an inch away from Chen faster than a light speed. He bobbed his head, "Get me that Baekhyun guy." 

He knew there were no phrases next to that. One is already enough to understand the boy's needs and Chen was worried about it. It hasn't been a week into meeting Baekhyun and being friends. Well, honestly speaking, he doesn't know if he could call himself a friend but Baekhyun claimed that they were. If then, wouldn't be cruel to give him away to a bunch of people he doesn't know? 

But Chen was and will always be selfish. "No problem. You'll get him in a few." 

 

 

"They're vampires. I'm a vampire myself." Chen stood up and advanced Baekhyun. 

"But I thought we're already friends? Isn't that what you called it?" Baekhyun glowered and exclaimed with all his strength left. He didn't see it as Chen betraying him, instead, he felt like he betrayed himself. 

"That was just a facade, Baekhyun. It made you distracted as well." Chen smirked and shook his head as he crossed both of his arms. "And you're too stupid to be convinced by that, you know?" 

"But.. why me?" Baekhyun asked with pleading eyes, as if tears would fall down in seconds.

Chen shrugged off. "I don't know." He took the bottle in Baekhyun's hand and placed it down the table. "You're just a victim of fateful circumstances. Actually, we both are." 

Baekhyun wanted to ignore and shut him up. But he can't do anything. He closed his eyes and covered his ears in fear. Even so, he can still hear every single word coming out from Jongdae. 
"Then we met one day, remember? From there onwards, I knew that I want you. But you know what's bothering me?" He asked albeit he knew no one's going to answer him. "Is how they wanted me to share what's mine." 

He stepped forwards. "I agreed first because I have no choice. But when everybody's gawking at you, I wanted to rip their heads off right there and then." Chen closed their distance and held Baekhyun by the shoulder, tilting his head forcefully. "I just can't have any of that." 

Baekhyun felt this and opened his eyes, only regretting it when he saw Chen's red orbs and sharp fangs.


'I shouldn't have gone outside.'
 The last thought he had in mind before feeling a major pain digging into his neck. Deeper and deeper.. 

 

Kim Jongdae wants him all for himself. 

 

Byun Baekhyun wished he didn't got up from his bed. 

__________________________________________________________

As we all know, it's Baekhyun's birthday, soooooo~ 

생일 축하합니다 백현 오빠!

He's actually my ultimate bias so I decided to publish my first

story on his birthday (just to be memorable and won't forget after a few years)

I posted this according to my country's standard time (12AM PST)

Of course, I hope you guys like this even though it has a weird plot. 

SANTA BAEK FOR EVRYONE!

aesthetic-asian-baekhyun-baekyeol-Favim.