Isn't Enough

Chase and Chances

 

Isn't Enough

(Chance)

Out of seven billion people in the world, I believe I am one of the most luckiest persons here on Earth. I have everything every man could ever wish for. From the moment I open my eyes, I've been blessed with the things that could make every man happy. Not just men, I guess. Both men and women, actually. The moment I cried my parents cried with me in joy for I am something they would be proud of. The moment I began talking the people around me smiled and talked to me like I am something fragile they dont want to lose.

To them, I am important.

To them, losing someone like me should never happen.

I am one of the most luckiest persons because I have a family that loves me despite all of my imperfections and ups. I have a father who supports my family very well with his presence. He is busy all the time but he makes up from the time that he lost whenever he's at work. He loves my mother very much and he never give up to my mother's girly problems. I have a mother who gave birth to two awesome, wonderful and good looking children. She cooks very well and she takes care of us with all love she could give. And I have a younger sister who supports me, makes fun of me, and hang out with me despite the imperfections I have.

I am one of the most luckiest persons because I have the best circle of friends anyone would wish for. My friends aren't perfect, actually. My friends make troubles, inconvenience and I wont deny they are a bunch of nuisance. But at least we make troubles together and I believe that is something I should be proud of. I shouldn't be proud of too much troubles we make but I should be proud of my friends because I was able to meet a group of people who would do things with me for fun. We create a lot of mess that would worry our parents but hey, we're a bunch of teenage guys. I should be proud of my friends because I was able to meet a bunch of lunatics who would never leave my side. A bunch of lunatics that would make me happy all the time. And I am. I am proud of them.

I am one of the most luckiest persons because I have the money the looks and the brains that makes my girls completely smitten to me. I have the skills and talents that would make my girls drool over me.

I dont just have everything. I have too much.

"She's here again." Jim said with a smug grin on his face. I shook my head. This girl is still a mystery to me. I mean no one dared to annoy the out of me for two ing years except her. 

"What's with her this time, Jim?" Jin playfully asked. He bit his lower lip in anticipation. He does that all the time specially when he gets excited. Now he is excited, obviously. Why? Because of money.

Like what I've told you this girl is really something. Whenever she sees me, there's a gift in her tiny hands. Not that I cant afford any of those because I actually can. What did I tell you? I have everything. So back to this girl. She keeps on giving me gifts like what my other girls do. 

I dont accept any of them, by the way. 

Now, imagine her giving me different kinds of gifts every single day for two freaking years. How's that? Pretty sick, huh. And because she keeps on giving even if I ignore them, my friends wanted to play around and have a little bet. Everyday they would bet on what she'll give the next day. 

And now Jin is waiting to hear what she have in her hands silently praying it would be his time to win. 

"Rap's favorite. Four of them." Jim said. He pointed his finger to Rap and winked. Typical boy for you. 

Rap on the other hand just jumped in joy. Literally. He even showed us his happy dance which isn't something to watch, by the way. You see dancing isn't something he's proud of. But now that he's happy and hungry? Then us, our opinions because he just have his free snack for today. 

"Suga let's go and meet her outside!" He looked like a freaking seven years old who's excited to get his candy lollipop. Suga rolled his eyes at him. He's too lazy to stand up and walk with Rap. He's even too lazy to just talk. 

"Can you guys shut up? And Raphael stop being a hungry lion, okay?" Hope snapped at us and Rap started telling him how wrong he was to call him Raphael and hungry lion. I dont really know what's the real deal with him and his first name. And I wont deny about him being a hungry lion. He's always hungry.

"You should really meet her now, Gerald. She's waiting." Like the hell I care. I wanted to say but I didn't. 

Vick is the closest friend I have but when it comes to her he turns weird and different and jerk. He said he just wanted to be fair. He said she's a good person and I shouldn't treat her like a trash. But believe me he isn't fair. If he's a teacher then he have a freaking favoritism. I treat all of my girls all the same and she isn't an exception but here he is being a jerk. 

I just nodded before I stood up and walked. As soon as I opened the gymnasium door a cheerful voice echoed in my ears.

"Hi Chance! So how was the game?" The head cheerleader of the pep squad asked. She was there for 's sake.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. Believe me, it was the friendliest tone I could give her. I promise.

"I know you're tired and hungry so I just thought that maybe you wanted some donuts? Here." She knew I wont accept the donuts so she reached for my hands and placed the four box on it. Clever.

"I didn't tell you to bring donuts, did I?" She nodded, still smiling. Ugh. Too much happy virus. I feel like vomiting.

"I just thought that maybe you wanted some." She repeated. Okay. I understood. Im not deaf.

"Stop this. Stop doing this. Stop giving me gifts as if you're my girlfriend which clearly you are not." I emphasized the word 'you'. Who knows. She might stop already. Two years is tiring, you know.

"Let's just say that Im practicing." She such in a good mood. If we were in an anime then her eyes would have sparkling stars in it.

"Just go away, okay?" I said. I was about to close the door but then this girl held the door. Obviously I wasn't able to close the door. This time she stopped smiling. She's serious and I surprisingly wanted to look away. I dont know why.

"Cm'on Chance. Bear me your name and give me a chance." She said with those pleading eyes.

But the thing is I cant, I shouldn't. And she should've not call me Chance either.

"Who are you to call me Chance? From now on stop using my name or your name in any of your nonsense business. Stop it and drop the chase, Chase." Pun intended. 

Im pissed off by her way of calling me Chance. It is a big deal to me and I dont want to talk much further about it. All I know is I hate it so much to the point I wanted to ask my parents why they named me that. 

I slammed the door leaving her outside before I walked back to where I was earlier. 

Chase is not for Chance.

The chase isn't enough for a chance.