Evening Talks

Appa, Who is he?

 

Jaehwan knocked on the door, nothing; there were no responses at all. Even as a young child, Hongbin values privacy. The child will throw a massive tantrum if someone invades his privacy. Jaehwan knocked again and the result was still the same, no responses at all. 

"Hongbin-ah, Jaehwan hyung is coming in now," he informed the child. 

With that, the blonde-haired adult opened the door and saw Hongbin sitting next to his empty toy box, his toy cars all scattered on the floor. 
He had his arms crossed and he evidently moved until his back is facing Jaehwan when he sees the adult trying to approach him. 

"Binnie, are you mad at Jaehwan hyung?"

Hongbin still held on to his silence. 

"Binnie doesn't want to talk to Jaehwan hyung anymore. Hyung is sad now," Jaehwan now pouted and turned his back to the child, like what the child did to him at first. 

"Appa already left me. I don't want to lose Jaehwannie hyung too," little Hongbin thought. 

"Hyung," Hongbin gently tugged on Jaehwan's cardigan and back hugged him. He sure has some tricks up his sleeves. A single back hug is all Jaehwan need. Actually, Jaehwan was never mad at the child. He just wanted to "play along" with that brat. Hongbin lets go of Jaehwan and stared at him with his tear-stained eyes from all the crying for Hakyeon. 

"Hongbin-ah. Do you want to tell Jaehwan hyung what happened?"

"And you promise not to tell appa?"

"I promise you.."

"Can I trust you?" Just Hongbin and his sass.

"Of course, you can trust me," Jaehwan showed his pinky and linked it with Hongbin's, "yak-sok-hae (I promise)"

"Ok hyung," Hongbin sighed before he continued on, "I don't like how appa always go out with that weird hyung." 

"Why wouldn't you like your appa to go out with that "hyung". It's good for you appa to make some friends. You don't even know how much time he has sacrificed for you," Jaehwan said and gently pinched Hongbin's nose. 

Little Hongbin answered without a second thought," I don't like that hyung. He always takes appa away from me."

Ahh.. so it was jealousy. Hongbin doesn't like Taekwoon because he took Hakyeon's attention. Hongbin wasn't an attention seeking child, though he might be, but Hakyeon hasn't discovered that side of his son yet. Hongbin clutched tighter onto Jaehwan's cardigan, obviously trying to control and rethink Jaehwan's words. 

"He looks mean," Hongbin added,"and scary."

So it was a mixture of fear and jealousy; fear of the unknown. 

"Binnie-ah, Jaehwan hyung actually knows Taekwoon hyung and Taekwoonie hyung isn't a bad person. He's just shy. Not everyone is as outgoing as us two. Everyone is different and we have to respect that. You have your moments where you were shy too, right? Like the first day you attended pre-school. You didn't know a lot of your classmates and you didn't expect to be best friends with Sanghyukkie, right?"

Hongbin just nodded his head upon hearing Jaehwan's explanation.

"So," Jaehwan continued on,"get to know Taekwoonie hyung. Taekwoon hyung doesn't talk much, that's why you have to be the one who takes charge. You need to be the one who talks to him."

"Is that why you and Taekwoonie hyung are friends? Because you said Taekwoonie hyung doesn't talk much and you talk a lot?" 
Sass-bin indeed is sass-bin. Jaehwan gently flicked Hongbin's forehead and Hongbin stuck out his tongue at Jaehwan before the child ran off, once again leaving the adult dumbfounded. 

Just because Kenbin is a little bit too much these days *-*