Chapter 4

My Cinderella

Near Han River, 11.00 p.m. 

Its already night, but Ji Hyo was still outside, jogs around the Han River park for few times to release her stress. She's still mad at Jong Kook about what happened earlier and what frustrates her more is he is the same guy that fluttered her heartbeat. She stopped at the bench to take a rest. She tried to empty her mind while staring towards the River, but she still can't accept the fact.

"Oh gosh I can't believe this!! Yah Kim Jong Kook just who do you think you are!?!", She takes a deep breath and continues, "You crazy jerk!!!!!!". That last scream finally released all of her frustration. She told herself to forget everything and starts a new day tomorrow.

"I can't give up just because of that crazy guy! I can get better job next time! I can do it!!!" 

She finally smiles, as she felt confident with herself again. She stood up and ready to jog back to her home.

Along the way, she saw Jong Kook outside of his car, talking on the phone call. She tried to ignore him, but...

"Hey! Stop it!" She ran towards Jong Kook, as there are two people approaching him, one person with a knife with him, Jong Kook didn't realize the situation as he is looking towards the other side. The guy with the knife became closer to Jong Kook, and at the moment he wanted to stab him...

Ji Hyo kicked the knife, so it losen from the grip. Jong Kook turned his back, suprised to see that one guy already fell. The other guy tries to approach Jong Kook again, but Jong Kook punched him first. Jong Kook looked at his side only to see Ji Hyo stand up near him, signalling so that they can work together to fight. So they fight the bad guys together, Jong Kook used his judo skills while Ji Hyo used her taekwondo skills.

After the fight is over, Ji Hyo grabbed her cap that fall earlier while looking at Jong Kook annoyingly. It is an unpleasant suprise for her to see him again today after what happen today. As she wanted to walk away, Jong Kook approached her.

"Hey, wait! I guess that... I've a debt with you..." 

Ji Hyo turned around, feeling mad, "Don't 'guess' the obvious, please sir, okay!?!"

"No, no that's not what I meant..." He tried to stop her. "I'm, very thankful that you come to help me. And also..." He hesitated a bit.

"Also what? I'm pretty exhausted right now, speak faster so that I can go home, okay sir?"

"Okay, okay... what I meant is... I'm so sorry for the chaos in the cafe earlier this morning. I'm being too harsh, causing you to get fired," Jong Kook finally able to explain himself. He is feeling guilty towards Ji Hyo, to the point that he can't even look at her eyes properly. "So... erm... forgive me?" 

"Hahahahaha, gosh you're so funny!" Ji Hyo's sudden laughter startled him. 

"What? Why is it funny?" 

"Seeing you trembling must be the funniest I've seen today," Ji Hyo smiles and bursts out laughing again.

"Yah! Just stop mocking me!!" Jong Kook became mad.

"Yah, yah! Didn't you say sorry just now? Why so serious??" Ji Hyo fights back. Actually she's just happy that he is willing to say sorry, after seeing his cocky side earlier. She felt that Jong Kook that in front of her right now is the real Jong Kook that she met in the event, not that cocky Jong Kook. Thinking about that causes her to stare at him unintentionally, and he is sharp enough to realize that.

"Hey miss tomboy, am I too handsome that you can't take off your eyes from me?"

"Huh? Ehh no way!!" She pretended to be cool. "I must be blind if I see you as handsome guy, hahah". 

"Oh gosh you won't stop talking back to me right? Okay let's just stop this. I know that I'm at fault earlier,  and you also helped me fighting the bad guys just now, so at least I want to send you home safely today. And, can we stop fighting? I'm tired." 

"Alright, if that's what you want." Ji Hyo agreed. 

They finally ride in a car together. Now that they've promised to stop fighting, things become a little awkward for them. Ji Hyo kept looking at the outside view, spoke just once in a while to guide Jong Kook so he can drive to her home. Meanwhile Jong Kook, he just drove while humming throughout the journey.

 As they arrived, Jong Kook turned to her and grinned when he saw her already in a deep sleep. "Its not even more that 10 minutes ride though. Now you are funny, miss tomboy." 

He get closer to her to wake her up. But when he stare at her, her face reminds him of someone that he met. 

(JK) Wae, why she looks the same like that pretty lady that I've met? I... I just thought that she looked familiar when she's not wearing her cap, but now, seeing her this close, they do look like twins! 

Suddenly, Ji Hyo stretched out her hand, pushing Jong Kook from her. "Yah!", Jong Kook make a noise as he pushed aside. That voice startled Ji Hyo, wake her up fully.

"Huh? What happened??"

"You pushed me when I want to wake you up. Anyway, we're arrived."

"Omo really? Sorry~"

"So now get out from my car as I want my peaceful life back." Jong Kook strikes. 

"You what? Yah you ruined my life and I've already forgive you, and now you want another fight?"

Jong Kook finally realised that he slipped his tongue. "Okay fine, I'm not complaining anything anymore! BYE!". 

 

Three days later, at Ji Hyo's home - 9.00 a.m.

Ji Hyo slept with her lappy at her side as she sent her resume to all companies that she knew to apply a job. 

"Dorawarajo, i want you back, back back back~~", Ji Hyo's phone ringing. Ji Hyo who is half-asleep, tried to reach her phone at the side table and answer the call.

"Hello?"

"Hello... is this Song Ji Hyo-shii?"

"Yes, I am, who is this?"

"I'm Ha Dong Hoon, a HR manager from KJK Holdings. I'm glad to say that you're accepted to work in our company as the CEO's secretary, Song Ji Hyo-shi."

Ji Hyo's eyes widen. "WHAT?? Really??"

"Yes, you are. So I'm calling to inform that you need to come tomorrow as it is your first day, okay?"

Ji Hyo smiled happily, "Okay, sir, I will definitely come. Thanks a lot!!"

After the call ended, Ji Hyo realized something...fishy.

"Wait a minute, what company is it again?"