e n d

Falling

Summer had started to deteriorate, the only traces left being the people and their trends of wearing sunglasses, minimal clothing, and whatnot. They had met then, on the beach under a parasol's protection from the sun's burning  glare.

Despite her being wary of his superficiality since she was wearing a bikini, he turned out to be the complete opposite. He was sweet, attentive, caring. He would often complain that she always showed too much skin on their dates, and she would always reply that he was overreacting, and that she was dressing up for him, so the least he could do is shut up and appreciate it.


Deep down, hidden beneath his blankets of complaints, he always appreciated every little thing she did -he always appreciated her.

For Park Jimin, he was constantly living in summer. She was his sun, his one and only, the one who shone the brightest for him. No matter what universe they lived in, he will always be willing to be her moon, her shadow. Even if it meant his skin would slowly burn from staying too close,  he would always be behind her, protecting her.

 

It was spontaneous. Without both of them realizing, she had fallen deeo and fast, and so did he. They had loved passionately, but a fire that burns too fast always burns out too quickly.

Work had started to become tiresome for him, and staying as the cheerful one in their relationship was a burden. She had tried to stay in contact, but he was constantly on tour, and she had a job of her own. 

Both of them had their own lives, they both had to work but nothing for their relations seemed to work.

Daily video calls had turned into brief "Good night" texts. "I miss you" had turned into "what's wrong?". "I love you's" had turned into nothing.

They couldn't keep up with each other, with the time difference and all. It was unhealthy, and he felt like he was holding her back. She was going further away from him, and he didn't know why but he felt like he couldn't be her rock, he could no longer hold her down, no matter how much it hurt him to let her go.

And so they broke up, over the phone. "Hello" had turned into "goodbyes". Heartbreak was expressed through silent cries.

Jimin had continued with his music career, he had no choice but to do so. He started writing songs, all of them being about her. But then he started going through a slump. His voice would constantly crack during concerts because of all he times he's cried the night before; Fans have been commenting of the heavy makeup but none of them know that it's because he hasn't slept properly in days.

Meanwhile, she quit her job, her work performance had become so worse that she just couldn't do it anymore. Working in an office wasn't cutting it anymore, it wasn't making her happy. Her happiness was him, and he had left, far away to a place she could never be.

 

 

 
A few months later, her remaining parent had left the world and her,  and just like that,  so did the last drop of happiness and stability.
Depression struck, and it never went away. Soon, anxiety started to accompany her. Everything started to build up like a house of cards, ready to tumble down and fall at any time.

She had become poor, out of luck, out of a job, out of parents, out of support, out of happiness, out of everything. Like the oceans, life had her dry.

She had to keep up with life but it was running too fast. Her lungs couldn't breathe, her ribs were aching, her feet were bruised. She couldn't catch up, she was drowning in her sadness.

One day, she walked to the cliff by the beach, suddenly needing to breathe in fresh air.

The water was so blue. That day, everything was so... blue.

The sky, her mood, the water, his jeans.
Him.
Right, she had first met him somewhere around here. How was he, anyway?  She hoped he was doing fine.

She stared at the glittering blanket of deep blue and white sprawled underneath her. The waves ran as they competed to meet each other.

The water kept rushing -running.

That's right, keep running. Even if you'll crash, keep running. That's how you catch up with life.
It's too late for me. The finish line is a mere dot, I've already fallen and lost.

Maybe I should give up now.

The sea had looked so inviting, so refreshing,
So deep, so endless.
A bottomless pool of anything and everything, almost enough to wash away her suffering.

 

Maybe it's true, soulmates always have a way of meeting each other.

But Jimin hadn't realized it was her. When he quietly  walks along the raging seashore and is horrified when he sees a girl fall from the edge, he doesn't realize that it's her, the person who he's been longing to see for months, the reason for the bags under his eyes the countless bags of herbal extracts that never seem to work.

He doesn't know. Just like how they'd first met, he doesn't realize that she's fallen.

Only this time he isn't falling along with her and he can't catch her anymore.

---

A/N: I typed this on my phone so I'm 100% sure there are spelling mistakes. Please tell me if you spot any. And, constructive criticism is always welcome. :)

 

Thank you for reading ❤