So... It is really you.

It is you!

Sehun’s POV

It’s not her right? It couldn’t be. But the similarities is so convincing. I didn’t even know she is a JYP trainee now. Oh, her name is Myoui Mina. She looks breath taking. I hope she doesn’t hate me. I really didn’t mean it. I’m sorry.

 

Sehun couldn’t tear his eyes away from the television screen. It is the first episode of JYP Entertainment new girl group reality show ‘Sixteen’. He has been waiting for this since he saw her on one of the teaser.

Kai: Sehun, what is wrong with you? Why the sudden interest in a girl group?

SH: Aniya, I just need to confirm something. I think that she is in this show.

Kai: You meant ‘she’ as in the girl you met in Japan?

SH: Uhuh…

Kai: The one that you approached and made use of to make your ex-girlfriend jealous???

SH: Do you have to put it that way?

Kai: Well technically you did used her. You should be grateful no rumours circulated as a result of your stupidity!

SH: Kai…

Kai: Alright…. Alright…. But so what? Now you know her name, it’s not like you can do anything. It has been 2 years plus, I bet she doesn’t even remember you.

SH: I know right… But it that I have dreamt about her a couple of times. But Kai…. Who forgets Oh Sehun? Besides she was there because she attended our concert right? (He cockily replies.)

Kai: Dream on Oh Sehun, anyway I have a date with Krystal, Suzy and Minho, so don’t wait up for me.

SH: Suzy? Kai find out more about Mina from her. I know she appeared in their music video.

Kai: Go and ask Suzy yourself.

SH: Fine… such unhelpful members……. OUCH!!! (Sehun yelped when the cushion hit his head.) You’re evil Kai.

July 7th 2015

Sehun once again with his buttocks rooted on the sofa awaits the results. He kept on staring at the beautiful girl, Myoui Mina. As he was looking at her, he reminisce the last few episodes, Mina danced to Drunk in Love, and he swore that she was the most beautiful woman he ever met. Her dancing even got the attention of his other members, particularly Chanyeol who said there is such an elegant and dark aura about Mina.

Frown can be seen on his forehead. She made it. She is going to debut. She is going to debut. He was estatic but worried at the same time. He was happy that there is a possibility of meeting her in future but he was worried if she remembers him and hated him for what he did or she would forget that they have met before. Honestly he doesn’t know which of those two would make him more upset. He switched off the television and laid on his bed thinking about Myoui Mina once again.

Flashback (2 years ago)

EXO’s concert finally ended. I wasn’t in the best of mood. I just recently broke up with my girlfriend who changes into a totally different person. I guess since she has gotten more popular through her drama, hanging on to me in no longer necessary. I decided to wonder on my own. Since it was only about 2.30am, I headed to the nearest comic bookstore café around Shibuya.

With my mask covering half of my face, I wasn’t worried about people recognizing me. I hope no one does. I stepped in the café.

Ahhh, the smell of coffee and the sight of comics is enough to make me happy. I was looking at one of the series looking for a particular copy but was a little lost and couldn’t find it.

MM: Need any help?

SH: I need this series but copy number #27. (I managed to reply in broken Japanese.)

She traced her finger along the books and finally pulled it out. She handed me the book and walked away. She returned to her table and continued to drink. I saw EXO’s merchandise on the seat next to her and then I saw a picture of my solo poster on the table. Ahhh… she is my fan. I walked up to her and thanked her. She just nodded before her eyes return to the comic on her hand.

SH: You like EXO? (I asked in the best English pronunciation I could do.)

Her eyes lit up before nodding earnestly.

MM: Yes, a huge fan of them.

SH: You speak English very well.

MM: Neh, I was born in Texas before moving back here in Japan. Do you like EXO too? Did you attend their concert? I just did, now I had to wait for the first bus to head home. (She replied animatedly.)

SH: I am a fan too…

MM: Yeah, this is awesome… Anyway…

The doorbell jingles as another customer enters the café…

HYR: Sehun…

He turns to find his ex-girlfriend hand in hand with her former co-star in a popular drama.

HYR: Hyeri…

Mina stood up smiling at Hyeri, she recognized her from a popular girl group. Mina waved at her excitingly. Hyeri looked pissed.

MM: Anyeong…. I’m a fan.

HYR: Anyeong… What are you doing here? Don’t tell me you were following me? How many times must I repeat that we are over?

Sehun was beyond pissed. He removed his mask and smirked at Hyeri. Mina was stunned. Oh Sehun form EXO is standing right in front of her.

SH: Don’t get too confident! I am here with my date. Talking about our past may upset her.

Mina couldn’t really understand what the conversation was about but she knew it wasn’t a pleasant one because the atmosphere is tension. Sehun grabbed Mina’s belongings and her wrist before walking out of the café. Mina was speechless.

After walking quite a distance away from the café, Sehun finally released her wrist. It was red.

SH: I am sorry.

Mina smiled feeling extremely elated that her favourite idol just held her hand.

SH: Sorry… I don’t like you… I pretend to make her angry… (Sehun tried to clarify in English mixed with a little of Japanese.)

Mina was a little disappointed and her smile fade away. Sehun who was afraid she may start a rumour started to put a sum of cash in her hand in exchange that she won’t mention a word of it. That act disappoints Mina.

MM: I won’t say anything. I promise.

Mina pulled Sehun’s arm and returned the money in his palm. She turned and walked away. Sehun pulled her and grabbed his poster from her.

MM: What are you doing?

SH: Autograph … Come let me sign it. I couldn’t just let you leave for free…  (He phrased it carelessly.)

MM: Free??? (Mina exclaimed feeling her pride a little hurt.)

Sehun stared at her in the eyes not knowing how to get this girl to understand what he meant clearly. Mina spotted a cab nearby. She contemplates if she should just hailed a cab and pay an exorbitant amount of cab fare just to avoid this idol who she never thought is such a person. Sehun took her silence as permission to just give her his autograph. As he was signing it, a cab passed by, Mina hailed it and quickly boarded it leaving Sehun alone in the middle of the street with his own poster in hand. Mina wasn’t angry nor was she irritated. She just had this idea was Sehun is perfect idol. But she wasn’t expecting this side of him.

That was it. Their one and only encounter.

 

Sehun was impressed when he realized she was selected to be in TWICE even though her training period was just a year. She must be really talented.

Mina’s POV

October 20th 2015 is approaching. I can’t believe I will debut soon. I am thankful to be chosen to be part of TWICE. I am aware I am lacking in so many ways but I hope I will do well and make my parents proud. I wonder if he remembers me. I guess I am just another of his annoying fan. I bet he won’t even remember me. Myoui Mina, stop dreaming! She continued her practice. Honestly she wasn’t sure if she wants him to remember her.

20th October 2015

Sehun was waiting for the clock to strike midnight. He has been refreshing JYPE’s YouTube page a couple of times. Finally the video is up. Watching the video took his breathe away. Myoui Mina looks gorgeous. She has this dark aura and she is y. A word he won’t use to describe her if he remembers the way she looks a couple years back. By the time it was 6am, Sehun couldn’t remember how many times he the play button.

CY: Sehun, are you nuts? Do you know how many times you replayed the song because even I memorized the lyrics now?

Kai: Don’t bother to remind him, he is infatuated with Myoui Mina.

CY: The Japanese girl?

Kai: Yup the Japanese girl who was a ballerina for 12 years.

SH: She was… oh yar she was…. Saw that on the first episode.

Kai: Too bad our schedules won’t be clashing anytime soon.

SH: We’ll meet. I am confident of that.

TWICE popularity was really rising. They were very popular and attended different variety shows. The girls are funny although Mina is the more reserved one, she has her moments of cuteness. Every time Sehun watches her on V app channel or on their MNET reality show, he smiles from ear to ear.

MAMA 2015

MAMA 2015 was approaching, he wondered if TWICE will attend. They were nominated for Best Female Rookies. EXO who were already in Hong Kong were busy rehearsing for their performance. Then he went smiling when Xiumin whispered into his ears.

XM: You know TWICE just confirmed that they are attending the ceremony.

SH: Jinja?

XM: They are already in the plane.

SH: Assa!

Sehun rehearsed in smiles. He couldn’t wait to meet TWICE in person.

MAMA 2015

Sehun was disappointed he couldn’t meet TWICE during the red carpet event. He was seated in the arena. Slowly different groups started settling down too. He looks up suddenly when he started hearing people chanting ‘TWICE! TWICE!’

His eyes followed the group of girls walking towards his direction.

Kai: Can you not be so obvious?

SH: What, now I can’t smile?

Kai: No, babo! You look way too excited to see them.

Jihyo was leading the girls followed by Nayeon, Chaeyoung, Dahyun, Tzuyu, Sana, Momo and then it was finally her with Jeungyeon trailing behind. Her fiery red hair makes her stand out. Sehun felt that her dress was too short. He wanted to smile at her but Sehun being Sehun, he ended up looking at her with a frown. EXO members stood up as the girls bowed and greeted them. While some of the girls smiled, Mina looks calm and composed. He couldn’t read her. He wasn’t sure if she recognized him. The girls sat directly behind EXO. Sehun was irritated when they sat behind because now, he couldn’t look at her. Occasionally he would turn at an angle and try to look at her. But it wasn’t enough.

Best Female Rookie nominations were up next. When snippets of Ooh ahh was played, a thunderous cheer erupted. Suho was singing along surprisingly. He leaned beside Sehun and whispered:

SHO: Sana looks adorable.

SH: Mina is sweeter.

SHO: Whatever.

When the winner was announced. The girls stood up, so did EXO, they turned to face the girls and they noted that the leader Jihyo was already tearing up. Sehun could turn fully this time round but avoided looking at her in the eye. She bowed to EXO but avoided looking at them.

As leader Jihyo was giving her acceptance speech, the camera zooms in to the girls including Mina. Sehun gets frustrated. He wants to talk to her. He really does. As he observes the interaction between GOT7 and TWICE, he grew more upset.

Kai: Just talk to her backstage. You look like a boy who lost his Halloween bucket of candies.

SH: Too many eyes….

Kai: You either talk or stop sulking. You are frowning every second.

SH: Arasso….

During EXO’s performance, as he sang and dance, he tried to steal glances at her. Sadly, he realized that her eyes were focus on someone else from his team. She was busy looking at Chanyeol. For some reason, it hurts. The program dragged on and on. EXO had to leave soon because of overseas schedules, so they stood up and bow. As EXO made an abrupt turn, TWICE quickly stood up and bow. Sehun smiled at Mina. She avoided his eyes and continued to bow. Sehun was too frustrated.

KCON Japan

Mina, Sana and Momo were super happy they get a chance to perform in Japan. Their parents were also here watching their rehearsals. Once rehearsal ended, Mina craved to visit her favourite hideout. She needed someone to accompany her. But who? She finally managed to convince Chaeyoung to accompany her. They promised their manager that they wouldn’t be out for more than 2 hours.

CYG: Unnie, comic café of all places?

MM: Chaeng ah, it’s my secret haven. I have lots of memories here. Besides, I just want to drink a cup of hot chocolate and read a chapter of my favourite comic.

CYG: Arraso…

The two kiddos put on a mask and headed there. As they stepped in the café, MM slowly breathes in the smell…..

MM: Hmmmm Chaeng the smell never change.

CYG: What smell?

MM: Comic, Coffee and Chocolate. My triple C.

CYG: Make that 4 because Chaeyoung is here to accompany you. (The maknae whines.)

MM: Go sit over there, I will order something for us.

CYG: Neh omma... (The younger girl teased.)

Mina was certain she would order hot chocolate but someone who just entered the café recommended Green Tea latte. Mina spun and looked at the guy in the eyes. She knew who he is. She blinks a couple of time before nodding. She turned and placed her order before returning to her place.

Sehun dropped by the Comic Café every time he is in Japan. He hopes that one day, he will be able to meet her here again but nothing of that sorts happened. As he stepped into the café today, his heart beats faster than a rolling drum. He could recognize her small petite body and red hair. She cut her hair. Shorter hair but still cuter. He knew it meant TWICE’s comeback is coming soon. He observes her contemplating her choice.

SH: Green tea latte is good!

She turned and appeared shocked. She nods her head before turning to place her orders. She quickly approached Chaeyoung at the table.

CYG: Wei gu rei? You look like you have seen a ghost.

MM: Ani… I just…..

SH: Anyeonghaseyo EXO Oh Sehun immida. (Sehun introduced himself as he removed the mask.)

The two girls quickly stand up and greeted their senior.

MM: Anyeonghaseyo TWICE Mina and Chaeyoung immida.

CYG: Sunbaenim, you come here often too?

SH: Neh, sometimes. Let’s talk informally. You can call me oppa. I come here a couple of times before.

CYG: Ahhh arasso oppa… Are you alone?

SH: Aniya, Xiumin is with me, he is just around the corner having some snacks.

CYG: Ohhh I see. This is Mina unnie favourite hiding spot. She used to come here a lot.

SH: Oh I see. Why have you not been coming here anymore?

MM: Ani, I had to go to Korea for training, so I didn’t have the time.  (She replied calmly.)

SH: Ahhhh….You look like someone I have met before. A couple years back in fact.

CYG: Heheheh oppa you are very funny.

SH: Wei?

CYG: Today a couple of idol came to her and said the same thing.

SH: Ohhh (He sounded a little disappointed.) Well TWICE is popular, of course everyone would want to get to know you girls.

CYG: Ani…. We are not as popular as you. Unnie, why have you grown so quite?

SH: Have you recalled our meeting? (He asked persistently.)

Mina is having a huge dilemma or more so like a battle in her head. Should she answer with the truth or just pretend she doesn’t know him. How? She looks up and saw the sincerity in his eyes.

MM: Neh, I think so.

CYG: Bo yah… unnie, you have met oppa before.

MM: Ani Chaeng, we just happened to come across each other here. I helped him find his comic. That is all that I remember. (Mina quickly ends her story.)

Guilt struck Sehun’s heart. He knew that she remembered but apparently she don’t want to be reminded of that incident.

CYG: Ommo unnie, the green tea latte is nice; you can take the chocolate drink… I want this one. (The little girl chimed.)

SH: Nice right? I recommended that to her.

MM: Chaeng… Wait here… I will go to the shelf at the second floor. I need to find one particular comic. Sehun sunbaenim, have a seat. Chaeng don’t be too engrossed with the snacks. I will be down in a bit.

CYG: Unnie, I am not a baby! (Chaeyoung pouts.)

Mina quickly makes her way up to the second floor. She hid in between one of the shelfs as she taps her heart softly.  

‘Myoui Mina, get a grip will you? Why is your heart pounding so fast? Ottoke!!! Why must he be here? I would want to remember him as an idol I admired but how come when I see him again; all I remembered was what happened that night.’

As Mina calms herself down…

SH: Mianhe…

Mina managed a smile before turning to face him.

MM: Sunbae…

SH: I told you already…. Just call me oppa.

MM: Ahhh…

SH: Once again, I am sorry.

MM: Sunbaenim, you don’t have to apologize. It was all in the past.

SH: No need to address me formally.

MM: Mianhe I feel more comfortable calling you Sunbaenim.

Sehun felt like he lost something. He kept looking at the girl who avoided his gaze from just now.

SH: But….

MM: Sunbae… Have you read the comic Dream Knight, it is really good? (The girl voice suddenly breaks the silence. She tried to sound cheerful.)

SH: Ani… I have not.

MM: Let’s go downstairs, I will recommend you some new comics.

She said before quickly going down the stairs. Sehun was left there feeling very frustrated once again. Mina selected a few more comics before passing it to Sehun on the table. While Mina was rereading one of her favourite chapter in Love Letter, she was aware, Sehun was staring at her a couple of times. Thank god, Chaeyoung didn’t notice anything because she was busy watching drama on her iPad. Chaeyoung started yawning. It has been an hour already. Mina has been rereading the same chapter for over an hour.

CYG: Unnie, let’s get back to the hotel. I am tired already.

MM: Ahhh… Neh... Sehun sunbaenim…

CYG: Oppa… Sehun oppa said we can call him oppa…

MM: Mianhe… We have to leave first.

SH: Arrasso…. But … (He was contemplating whether he should ask for her number.)

MM: Neh????

SH: Ani…. Take care…. I’ll see you during one of the music shows in future…. You too Chaeng…

MM: Ahhh… we’ll take our leave first Sunbae….

In the cab on the way back to the hotel, Little Chaeng turned and faced her unnie.

CYG: What was that all about? The staring, blushing, peeking and all…

MM: Bo…..ani you think too much maknae.

Mina was surprised that the little girl was more observant than she expected.

CYG: Don’t tell me you dated him before?

MM: OMG maknae don’t let your imagination runs wild. We only met once and it wasn’t a pleasant one to begin with.

CYG: Omo…. What did he do?

MM: Let’s just say he made use of me to get away from something …. Chaeyoung could we keep this as a secret? Please…

CYG: Ouhhhh (That was the only thing that Chaeyoung could say.)

She does identify the sad tone in Mina’s voice. Mina has always been the calm and unemotional one. She realized that it’s better to leave it as it is.

25th April 2016 Cheer Up

As the clock strikes midnight, Sehun played the video on JYPE Youtube channel. There she is. She looks……so beautiful. She has more screen time this time round. She looks just like an anime character. Sehun’s heart beat a little faster when he saw her abs.

Sehun was analysing the lyrics over and over again. He likes it. He likes it a lot.

SHO: Wahhhhh Sana is so adorable…. Shy shy shy….

SH: Ah neh….

SHO: Wei…. Why do you look like you are lost in your thoughts?

SH: Is this a message to me? Is she asking me to go after her?

SHO: Oh Sehun! Are you nuts? Do you think TWICE mv is just dedicated to you?

SH: Hyung… humour me! You can’t you even humour me??? (He pouts.)

SHO: Hun ah, you are not serious right…. (The leader worries.)

SH: Ani ah….

SHO: With Kai and Krystal dating news just out, I hope you don’t do anything stupid.

SH: Hyung, it’s just a crush… Don’t worry….

SHO: Arrasso… I’ll stop nagging…

‘I should cheer up right. Let’s take it slow. I’ll wait. Let’s meet soon Mina ah…’