Rough Morning

Guess Who?

 

Kyungsoo likes to believe it was like any other day. Heading to class with dark bags under his eyes for his 7AM, asking himself the usual, "Why am I doing this to myself?", telling himself that last night was, again, the worst sleep of his life, solemnly swearing he'd stop going out on late night strolls around the neighborhood and go to bed earlier, or...maybe not....Kyungsoo liked his midnight strolls anyways. So with his usual self bickering, he didn't think much as he exits the door to his apartment and found a dark-haired stranger sitting on the curb of his sidewalk. 

 

You see, if Kyungsoo had known better, he would had used his brain and mind his own business and head straight to his ungodly early class at six-thirty in the morning. But it was too damn early even for his brain to function and so he didn't. 

 

As Kyungsoo approaches the stranger, his eyes caught instantly onto a shiny, round copper coin in the stranger's right hand and horror filled his face as he saw a bottle of super glue in the other hand. It hits him when he realizes the stranger was super gluing coins onto the sidewalk. 

 

Kyungsoo lets out a loud screech and rushes down to the ground, pushing the stranger aside. He throws the stranger a dirty look, offended, "Who the hell are you and what do you think you are doing?"

 

The stranger looks at Kyungsoo and gives a lopsided smile, "My name is Jongin and I'm super gluing pennies onto the sidewalk."

 

"No Sherlock," Kyungsoo deadpans and snatches the glue bottle out of Jongin's hand, speechless. "I...How...Why...Why would you do this? My babies, my poor babies."

 

Jongin looks at Kyungsoo oddly and intercepts the elder as Kyungsoo's hands move toward the coins, "Uh, I wouldn't touch those coins if I were you."

 

Kyungsoo scoffs, looking at the male incredulously, and ignores him. He proceeds to pick the pennies off the ground but can't when he realizes his fingers has become stuck to one of them. Horror fills his face once again as he turns to look at Jongin who seems entertained by all of this, staring at Kyungsoo, frowning in a mock-severe manner and shrugs as if he didn't know what was going on. 

 

"I tried telling you but you wouldn't listen to me," Jongin sing-song innocently, blowing his bang out of his eyes.

 

Jongin hears his watch beeps and looks at it, deciding he's had enough for now as it was already nearing seven. He wipes his hand together and pats the dirt off his jeans, staring at Kyungsoo who is awkwardly crouched down on the ground with his right arm extended, index and thumb stuck to a penny. Kyungsoo looks up at the stranger livid to which Jongin nods his head in satisfaction and moves toward Kyungsoo and smiles at him, causing the latter to scowl.

 

"Did you set your smile to a hundred percent or something, lower the brightness," Kyungsoo barks.

 

Feeling flatter Jongin spread his smile even wider, shoving his own face closer to Kyungsoo, "It was only seventy-five but now it's a hundred." Kyungsoo hisses in response as he lifts his free hand up to shield his eyes, pushing Jongin away, dropping the super glue he had taken earlier.

 

"Thanks, I'll be taking this back," Jongin says as he swiftly takes the tube of glue. 

 

He then shakes Kyungsoo's hand before getting up and makes a gun with his hands, shooting Kyungsoo as he winks and click his tongue. "Don't forget the name is Jongin. Kim. Jong. In," the guy enunciates each syllable for Kyungsoo. Jongin looks at his watch and smirks before feigning worry, "Oh no! And would you look at the time, it's ten minutes 'till my seven o'clock class. Gotta blast!"

 

The elder stares in disbelief, speechless at what had just happen as Jongin runs off, leaving him behind and glued onto the penny. His brain finally processes the situation and he lets out a "what the hell" before yelling in the direction Jongin ran. 

 

"Hey you! Get back here! I have a class at seven too! Come back here and undo this mess you made kid! I swear to god if I ever see your face again on campus I'm going to kill you Kim Jongin whoever the you are!" Kyungsoo screams at the top of his lungs.

 

"Uh," a voice says in earshot distant. "Should I ask why you are screaming at seven in the morning?"

 

Kyungsoo looks up to find one of his housemate in his pajamas, standing at the doorway to their apartment looking at him oddly. He groans in reply and then pouts. "No, Minseok. Could you please just get some of Baekhyun's nail polish remover and a q-tip and help me unglue myself from the ground?" Minseok lifts his finger up openning his mouth to ask a question but Kyungsoo beats him to it, "Don't ask why."

 

That causes Minseok to close his mouth shut and nod his head, going back inside the apartment. He comes out instantly and looks at Kyungsoo with a neutral expression, "Umm, Baekhyun said he ran out of nail polish remover."

 

Kyungsoo's eyes twitches and half of his face jerks up into a broken smile, "What do you mean he ran out?"

 

"He means that I ran out, duh. As in I have no more nail polish remover. Gone. Nonexistent. Capeesh!" Another voice interjects, this time with a tint of sassiness, yawning in the process. "And what the hell are you doing crouching on the ground looking constipated?"

 

Ignoring Baekhyun's question, Kyungsoo closes his eyes and counts to ten, telling himself to calm down before he opens them back up to look at his housemates, faking a smile with clenched teeth. "Well," he begins and gradually raises his voice in anger. "Maybe if you were a normal human being Baekhyun, and didn't paint your nails a different color every week, we'd have some damn acetone left!"

 

Baekhyun scoffs at Kyungsoo, mumbling "what's stuck up his early in the morning?" and pushes Minseok, who is standing there innocently watching the two bicker, back into their apartment. "What did you say? If I was a what?" 

 

"I said, if you were a normal human being!" Kyungsoo shouts angrily at Baekhyun.

 

"Say it to my face!" Baekhyun shouts at the younger male as he marches up to Kyungsoo.

 

"I would if my fingers weren't stuck to this penny!" Kyungsoo yells back.

 

"Well you know what?" Baekhyun exclaimed. "You can it! I sure as hell think I'm a normal human being! Therefore, to be you, but I'm taking my normal human being back to sleep! So you can figure out another way to unstick yourself from that penny!"

 

"And get lost!" Baekhyun says as he shakes his hand in front of his face, making sure to display his painted nails at Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo deflates and flops over onto his side as Baekhyun slams the door. He lays on the ground whimpering in pain as he managed to pull his finger away from the penny in the process. 

 

"I'm going to kill Byun and that Jongin kid if it's the last thing I do. Mark my words," He says looking at his reddening, chapped fingers as a single tear rolls down the left side of his face.

 

-

 

A/N: Thank you for reading. I tried to be funny, but inevitably failed. (It was funnier in my imagination than me writing it.) This was just a bunch of word vomit and I should really just get back to studying. But I'll explain more about the story when I can gather my thoughts together, sorry. ;_;