Why Can't It Be?

Why Can't It Be?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The ticking of the clock...

 

The sound of a tapping pen on top of the table...

 

And a person's heavy sigh were the only sound that you can hear inside one of the music studio in RBW Company.

 

There sat in the corner of the room, is a girl with long blonde hair. Her bangs were fully covering her forehead and the rest of her hair were tied back into a ponytail. She's wearing a yellow hoodie, a black jeans and a black sneakers. Her back was facing the white wooden door of the studio as if saying to anyone who would try to enter the room to just back off and not disturb her.

 

It was always been one of Moonbyul's hobby to just go to their company and occupy one of the three music studios there just to write lyrics for their upcoming songs, including her rap parts, and even do some recordings for it.

 

But right now, it's different... she's writing songs not for their next album but for more of her personal things...

 

And by what she meant as “personal things”--- It is the things that she deemed as her deep darkest secret that no one should ever find out... Things that were kept sealed inside her heart just up until now... Things that she knew will be the death of her if it goes out in public. But for some odd reason, she wished for these things to just burst out out of her so she could get rid of these conflicted feelings she's always having inside her heart.

 

And one of those were the things that she wanted to but can't say to this one particular person whom she secretly have special feelings for.

 

She knew that these kind of personal matter should not be intertwined with work but what could she do? This is the only way for her to release all of the feelings that kept on haunting her every single day.

 

Feelings that she didn't even knew when it started...

Feelings that she tried denying to herself...

Feelings that she suppressed every time she's with that person…

And lastly, the Feelings that just kept on growing as time goes by....

 

Actually, she never thought that she would fall hard for this person to think that when they first met, she really find this person extremely weird especially when she kept on doing silly and foolish stuff by herself. Not to mention, that sometimes... she acts like a 5 years old who just seemed to be hiding in a 20 year old body but then again, she's not really complaining. In fact, she really did find her very amusing and refreshing at that time.

 

A smile crept onto her face unknowingly as she recalled those days when they first met as a trainee, then a sudden realization hit her inside with the thought that maybe--- during that time, that person already started to have a special place in her heart that eventually just expanded through the years, yet she's just making that person's weirdness as an excuse as to what not to love about her. Though in reality, she's very much aware that those things were also the same reason why she fell hard for her.

 

And to be honest, she really couldn't think of anything else not to love about that person...

 

For that person is just genuinely beautiful and outgoing, have an amazing voice that can melt your heart in an instant, a smile that can take all of your sadness & vexations away and lastly, a heart that is very pure and kind.

 

She's a total package.

She's everything that one could ever asked for but unfortunately, she knew that she can't have her.

 

This charming, delicate and one in a million woman is someone that she can't have for herself.

And just with the thought of it made her heart aches even more. She knew that there's nothing else she could do but to prevent herself from doing anything stupid like confessing her love to her, that's why she just kept on writing these useless feelings of hers into these thin, lifeless, blank sheets of paper.

 

She used to think that being just a good friend to her is enough. At least she get to always see her, talk to her, , and be greasy to her without being criticized, but hell she thought wrong...

The more time they spend together, the more she's falling head over heels for her and it made her to be greedy, asking for more… She's not happy anymore in what they have right now-- FRIENDSHIP.

 

But with all the important things on the line-- she learned that it was not right to risk all of it just to appease herself. She's not even sure if that person have the same feelings for her. Plus, what will happen to their group...? To Wheein & Hwasa...? What about their fans who supported them & looked up to them since day 1...? Their family & friends...? Their company who helped them reached their dreams...? And what about the society...? They won't be accepted. They will just be an eyesore to the society if ever. All of these factors are just adding up making a load of burden for her to carry.

 

"Darn you Moon Byul Yi!!!”

 

She cursed at herself for thinking that way.

 

She shook off her head as if trying to shoo away all the negative thoughts she just had and also to bring herself back into reality. She released another heavy sigh as she continued writing the lyrics.

 

Crumbled papers were filling up the trashcan as she was trying to think of the right words that will suit best on the melody she already came up few days ago.

 

Few more hours had passed and she was almost there into finishing the song. Every words and lines that she wrote on the paper were the exact same thing she felt whenever they're together or even if not.

 

How she came into her world unexpectedly...

How she really made her mind spinning...

How she dreamt of her every minute and that dreams were the only place that she could be hers.

 

She also made sure to include the rhetorical questions she's always blurting out to herself.

 

She couldn't help but to get too emotional as the song that contained her feelings will almost be completed.

 

After a couple more hours, she's all done writing the lyrics including finishing all the touch-ups needed for the song. And now, all that's left to do is to record it.

 

She breathe in and breathe out as she was really nervous to finally get to sing the ballad song she just wrote. She pushed herself into the recording booth with all the courage that she could muster up and started singing the song passionately though, she knew in herself that she's not that amazing of a singer compared to her members.

 

You came along, unexpectedly
I was doing fine in my little world
Oh baby please don't get me wrong
'Cause I'm not complaining
But you see, you got my mind spinning

So why can't it be
Why can't it be the two of us
Why can't we be lovers
Only friends
You came along
At the wrong place, at the wrong time
Or was it me

 

She tried to squeeze all the right emotion of love, sadness & dissatisfaction- out of her just to express all the things she wanted to with this song.

 

Baby I dream of you every minute
You're in my dreams
You're always in it
That's the only place I know
Where you could be mine
And I'm yours (Baby I'm yours)
But only 'till I wake up

Why can't it be
Why can't it be the two of us
Why can't we be lovers
Only friends
You came along
At the wrong place, at the wrong time
Or was it me

 

She's always been a hard-to-please person even to herself so if she thought that it's not good enough or she's not singing it right then she will record it again and again until she's already satisfied with it. She may be the only person who could ever listen to this song but still, she wanted it to be perfect especially because it is a song which enveloped her inner most feelings.

 

That's the only place I know
Where you could be mine
And I'm yours (Baby I'm yours)
Only 'till I wake up
 

Why can't it be
Why can't it be the two of us
Why can't we be lovers
Only friends
You came along
At the wrong place, at the wrong time


You came along at the wrong place
At the wrong time
Or was it me

Why can't it be...

 

When she was done satisfied with the recording, she proudly smiled at herself while giving herself a job well done pat on the shoulder. She listened to it again for the last time before saving it for now on the studio laptop for she forgot to bring a CD with her to transfer it there before she permanently deleted it.

 

 

"I'll just come back for you early morning tomorrow okay.”

 

She said as she was trying to hide the song file in a different folder name as to not raise any suspicion.

She then looked up at the clock to see what time it is and she was shocked to see that it was already past 1am. She hurriedly grabbed her stuff including the company's phone to call her manager to ask her if she could picked her up. Good thing that there were still some staffs left working overtime in the building so she's not the last person to come out. As she walked her way to the main lobby, she also made a short stop at the reception desk to leave the company's phone before eventually exiting.

 

While waiting for her manager to come, she grabbed her phone inside her bag to turn it on for she usually shut it off whenever she's writing just to make her concentrate more into composing. But what welcomed her was the immense number of missed calls and text messages coming from other people from her contacts but mostly from “that person” their leader... the love of her life... Kim Yong Sun or what other people call her... “Solar”.

 

35 missed calls

50 text messages

 

She opened her call logs only to see that almost half of the calls were from her. She then opened her inbox and only to see the same. Half of it were also from the older girl. She finished reading all of the text messages she received from the other people first before she opened the contact name “YeBa Yongdonnie<3” (which was her pet name for Solar) on her screen. Then she slowly scrolled down her curious eyes on her phone not wanting to miss anything from her text.

 

“Anyeong! Byulkong!!!!”

“I'm finished filming... :)”

“I'm so tireed :(“

“And hungry!!!>.<”

 

*~*~*~*~*~*

 

“Do you wanna eat together???”

“Should we eat cheese tteokbokki???”

“Or Jajangmyun???”

“What about samgyeoppsal???”

“Uhhh~ I'm starving X_X???”

 

*~*~*~*~*~*

 

“Are you busy???”

“Byul-ah! Why aren't you answering any of my text???”

“Where are you???”

“I tried calling you but I guess your phone was off!!!”

“Just call me back then araso!”

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter