My Kim Myungsoo

The More You Hate, The More You Love

GaEun's POV

It's a nice Monday morning at school. I'm feeling good about today. I was walking by the hallway until, "Aaaah! It's Kim Myungsoo!" the girls behind me screamed. I turned my head and my eyes widened when I realized they were charging toward me.

But it was too late to react. The crazy fan girls ran over, bumped and pushed me until I was on the floor, and no one even bothered to help me get up. They were all too busy spazzing on'Mr. Popular.' I stood up and brushed the dirt on my skirt. "Great. I haven't gone to my first class and I'm already looking like this."

I went to the restroom to wash my face. Still angry from what happened earlier."Ugh," I groaned as I looked at my messed up hair. "What's so special about that Kim Myungsoo or what so called L huh?!" I muttered frustatedly at my reflection on the mirror.

"That smug face he wears when I see him, that arrogant posture,"I rolled my eyes. "He's not even cute! Why do girls go gaga over him?! Grr!" I said, almost shouting. Then I started combing my hair and sighed. "Well, he is kinda cute..." and a smile involuntarily crossed my face.

"Ahem,"a voice crept on me. I almost jumped in surprise. I followed the voice and glanced at the door. And my face turned bright red.

"Myungsoo-ssi,"I muttered, looking at him.

He just smirked and crossed his arms on his chest.

My heart started beating too fast."Keep calm," I said to myself. I'm thinking of what to say, but I just can't think of anything.

"Y-you, what are you doing here?"I finally said.

He looked at me from head to toe, still wearing that smirk on his face. I can fell my face getting hotter. "Well," he started and leaned by the door.

"I heard you ranting about me. I was kinda surprised. But it's interesting to see someone hating me, especially a girl."He let out an arrogant laugh, still looking at me. I exploded from anger, "Excuse me?! Who do you think you are? Going here and mock someone?" I walked towards him and pushed him so I can get out.

Myungsoo's POV

I followed my gaze at her back. "Interesting," and smiled on myself. "Very interesting" and started walking to my next class

GaEun's POV

"Sorry, I'm late,"I said by the door of the classroom. The teacher looks at me and just continued writing on the board. I walked to my seat, still panting from the running. My class went smoothly the whole day. On my way home..

I was walking on my home. I prefer walking in the lovely peaceful streets of Seoul. I sighed. I should just forget what happened earlier."That smug Kim Myungsoo isn't worth it," I said to myself.

"Hey, girl who likes to talk to herself,"a familiar voice said behind me. 

I glanced at my back, "Why do you always have to do that, Myungsoo-ssi? And what are you doing here? Are you following me?"I said, placing my hand on my waist. Just when I'm forgetting the reason I had a bad day, here he is. My mood turned bad again.

He disregarded my question and just walked closer to where I'm standing."Well, Ms. Lee, you have something in you that fascinates me." My eyebrows met, " What?"

He chuckled, "I think you should got out with me."

I can't believe what I just heard. Kim Myungsoo is asking me out? Not in a nice way, but at the back of my mind, I kinda liked what I heard from the guy standing in front me. 'I wish he could have asked me in a nice way...' My mind was racing, oh, what am I thinking? ' GaEun! Snap out of it!' I ordered to myself.

"Why should I go out with you? I don't even like you," I said to him, and I felt a stab in my heart from what I just said. He didn't answer, instead, he just walked closer to me. The most popular guy in school is just inches away from my face. My heart is racing, like it's going to get out off my chest any moment

"Ms. Lee, don't tell me you don't like me. I know you do," he smirked and shook his head. "You even said that I'm cute, didn't you?" He leaned forward, and I froze. "Y-you heard that?!" His smirk turned into a wide grin, making his eyes disappear.

My heart did a cartwheel, it's the first time I saw him smile like that. To stare at his face this close... Perfect complexion, tall nose, kissable lips... No! I shouldn't be like this! "I-I, I won't. I don't. I don't like you! You're not cute at all! You misheard that, Mr. Kim Myunsoo!" I looked away, and pushed him. I should get our of here before I couldn't stop myself and say "yes."

"Whatever you say, Ms. Lee. Tomorrow, I'll wait for you at the clock tower, 4PM," he said, then changed his expression with a serious face, "And don't be late," then started grinning again and he turned his back on me and walked away. "I won't come, Kim Myungsoo!" I shouted, and he just waved his left hand, not looking back.

I just stood there, frozen, until he disappeared. I shook my head, "Unbelievable." I knew that arrogant guy won't show up tomorrow. It's impossible for someone like him to date an average person like me. I felt another stab in my heart on that realization. I sighed and continued walking with a heavy heart.

The next day, I was feeling anxious. I've practiced a lot of things to say to him, but there was no sign of him the whole day.

It's 4PM, and I was arguing with myself if I'll show up or not. I don't want to look stupid waiting there for him, and I don't want to see him freezing in the cold waiting for me. I don't know what to do.

I walking back and forth from where I stood.

"GaEun-ah!" Sungyeol, a friend of mine, called from the distance. I stopped and looked at his direction. "Let's go," he said. When he reached me, my brows met, "Where?"

"To dance practice. You forgot again, didn't you? It's okay, good thing I always bring extra clothes with me," he said, patting me at the back and smiled.

I smiled crookedly at him. He seemed to notice it, "What's wrong?" I shook my head, "Nothing." I shouldn't worry about Myungsoo's offer, he wouldn't show up anyway. I took my bag, "Let's go, Oppa," and we walked to the gym.

After dance practice, I started packing my things.

"Hey, you seemed out of focus today," Sungyeolapproached me, handing me a towel.

"Thanks," I ignored his question and took the towel to wipe my sweat off my forehead. "What time is it, Sungyeol Oppa?" "Uh," he looked at his watch, "9PM, why?"

"I have to go, Oppa," I smiled quickly and started towards the door. He ran after me. "What's bothering you? Tell me," he said, holding my right arm. "I told you, nothing. I just have to go now. I'll see you tomorrow," I said and left him.

It was a cold night in Seoul. Good thing Sungyeol lent me his jacket.

I was few steps away from my house. "Hey!" the familiar surprised me, almost making me jump. My heart's beating faster again.

"Yah! Why didn't you show up?" Myungsoo approached me. I was speechless. I wasn't expecting this. The street light made me see his face. He sounded angry, but his eyes, they looked more upset that angry. And I felt really guilty.

I tried to say sorry. I opened my mouth but words just won't come out. "Tsk, do you know how cold it is outside? I've waited for five hours," he continued. I just looked at my toes. I don't know what to say to him. Just when tears are about to fall from my eyes, I felt his head on my shoulder.

I was taken by surprise. I realized he passed out... 

Just when I was preparing beef stew for him, I heard him yawning. I turned my head and quickly approached him.

"Good, you're awake," I said, and smiled at him. I took the towel soaked in water and put it on his forehead. He just stared at me. "You're in my house, you went unconscious outside. You have a high fever."

He sat up, and smirked. "I thought you're gonna let me die outside. It's so nice of you, Ms. Lee GaEun," he said with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

I pushed him softly on his shoulder. "You really thought I'm that bad?" I can't help but grin. He just chuckled. I sighed and the grin faded. "Really, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I-"

"You thought I wasn't serious," he cut me. I looked at him, and his face turned serious too.

"No, I-" I let out a deep sigh. I can't find the right words to say to him. I just pursed my lips.

"That's okay, GaEun-ah. Now you owe me a date," he said, smiling again. "But..."

"No but's, Ms. Lee. Just one date and I won't bother you again."

We both stared at each other. I broke the silence, "One date?" He nodded. I nodded back, "Alright, L-ssi."

He smiled and it reached his eyes, "You called me L for the first time"

I didn't realize it, but I just chuckled and offered him the beef stew I prepared. It's weird, but I think I have to give him a chance to prove himself. And I'm taking my chances too. I smiled to myself of this thought.

 

The next day....

"You're late," Myungsoo said but smiling when I approached him.

"Mianhae," I answered, "Got caught up with some friends." He chuckled and put his arm on my shoulder. I froze again, but managed to shake off his arm. He stared at me and shrugged, "It's okay. Let's go." And we walked together to the subway.

"Where are we going?" I asked him. He just shot me a glance and smirked, "Lee GaEun, you've asked that question three times already. I told you, it's a surprise." I pouted, "But I'm suspicious. You might bring me to dark place and..." And a teasing smile crossed his face. He let out a soft laugh and shook his head, "Don't tempt me, Ms. Lee."

I was caught off guard, my mind went blank again. "Uhm" is the only word I muttered. And he wore that smirk again, "You know, I like it a lot when you blush. You look cuter." And I touched my left cheek. I had to look away because I can't control the heat on my cheeks turning more red.

We arrived at a baseball stadium, I think. "Baseball stadium?" I asked him. He just nodded and smiled. My shoulder dropped. I'm no good at sports.

He made me sit on a bench. He ran to get some things from a rack and ran beside me.

He put a cap over my head. "There you go," and a satisfied smile crossed his face. He seemed really excited about this. I just weakly smiled at him. Deep down, I was trembling. I should tell him.

"Uhm, L-ssi, are we playing baseball?" I asked softly. He glanced at me, "Of course, that's why were here." I bit my lower lip, "Err, I," I stopped. "I don't play baseball... Or any sport."

He didn't answer, he just stared at me. Then the grin on his face came back, "That's better. I can teach you. I'm the god of baseball, you know," he said, raising his eyebrows. My worries disappeared. 'Might as well enjoy this day with him,' I thought to myself. "Let's go," he said, standing up and offering his hand to me. At first, I hesitated, but I smiled and took it.

The moment our hands intertwined, it felt... Right. It's weird. I haven't dated before. Does holding someone's hands felt this was? Or is it because it's Kim Myungsoo holding me? No, it must be the afternoon weather. Yes, that's got to be it. Oh, who am I kidding? I know it's because of two things: one, Kim Myungsoo is holding my hand, and; two, I like him, I really do.

He taught me how to play, well he tried to. But I was too clumsy to learn a single throw. But he didn't get frustrated, thus, he just smiled and taught me patiently.

We noticed that the sun is setting, so we had to stop. We sat on the bench, he took a towel and wiped my sweat. I froze again but managed to smile and he smiled back at me. "You must be hungry," he told me. He took my hand again and we ate at a cafeteria.

"Thank you, and I'm sorry for at sports. Today was really fun," I faced Myungsoo, smiling in front of my house. He insisted on taking me home. He put his hands in his pockets, and grinned, "You know what I really enjoyed this day?" I waited. "I held your hand more than you noticed," he said, winking at me. "I'll see you tomorrow, GaEun-ah and by the way call me Oppa," and started walking away. I just stared at his back for a moment and came back to my senses. I ran after him, "Yah! Kim Myungsoo!!" I shouted. He turned around and faced me with a smile, "Hehe, I knew you would get mad."

I didn't answer, instead, I tiptoed and gave him a quick kiss on the lips. I can tell he was taken by surprise. I can't believe I did that too. I smiled at him. "Good night,L Oppa" I said and ran towards my house, my smile not leaving my face. And he was left there, standing for a moment like a statue. Before I went inside the house, I glanced him, and saw him smile and shook his head while he continued to walk away.

The next day, I was smiling as I turned the door knob to make my way out of the house. I feel light on my feet. I'm going to see him again. Just this thought made my heart start pounding again. This time, I admit that I love the feeling. I touched my lips and remembered what happened last night. My smile widened and my face felt hot. I chuckled. Silly me, laughing to what I did...

I stepped out of the house and found smiling Myungsoo was standing by the gate. I can't help but smile back at him. "What are you doing here, L Oppa?" I asked, opening the gate. His eyes gleemed, "Aren't you going to greet your boyfriend a good morning?" and moved closer to me and we started to walk.

"Boyfriend?" I repeated the last word he said. I laughed softly and he looked at me with confused eyes. "You're not my boyfriend yet, but good morning," I told him with a smile. "Yet?" he asked. I nodded, "Yep. 19th century Western men court women to capture their hearts. And some Asian countries, like the Philippines, still practice this too." He stopped, his eyes are confused. "Wait, so you want me to court you?" he said. I bit my lower lip to hide my grin, but I failed, I nodded.

After he saw me nod, he continued walking. After taking a few steps, he stopped and faced me. His expressin changed, with a hint of excitement in his eyes. "Alright then, my future girlfriend," and smiled, my favorite smile. I did a quick pace to reach him and we both walked together to school.

"So, are you really dating him?" Sungyeol asked at dance practice. I frowned, "Who?" I answered not looking at him and continued stretching. He hesitated, but still answered, "That Kim Myungsoo guy." I glanced at his direction, "Uh, kinda?" His brows met, making his tiny borws form a thin line. "How'd you know anyway?" I said, not wanting to answer the question.

"You know how gossip goes here, it spreads like fire," he said with a cynical voice. Okay, I should at least tell it to my bestfriend. "Well, it's not like we're officially dating... He's courting me." His face changed from pale to a smirk, "Seriously? He knows how to do that?" I nodded, I don't want to argue with him. "But do you like him?" he asked again?

My heart did a flip, I wanted to smile but I held it back. "He's... Nice. Not like what other people think he is," I said casually. Minhyuk was about to ask another question, I guess, but he dropped it and sighed. "Okay, but please, don't get yourself hurt. Don't make me worry too much." I smiled at my Oppa who was like a real brother to me. "Thanks for understanding, Oppa. And don't worry too much, okay?" I said

We finished dance practice early and we've decided to go to the cafeteria to eat. "I'll grab a sandwich. Do you want one, GaEun-ah?" Sungyeol asked. "Sure, thanks," I said and walked towards the vendo machine. I was inserting coins in the slot when I heard girls whispering close to me.

Well, they may look like their whispering, but they were intended to be loud enough for me to hear. "Is that her?" a voice called from behind. "Oh my gosh! She's not even pretty!" another voice said and the voices laughed. I ignored the voices and just continued inserting coins and pushing buttons to get my apple juice. I took the can and another voice called, "Girls, don't be rude. Let me talk to her, okay?"

I was about to go when a girl stopped me. "Miss, wait," the third voice said. I glanced at them, "Yes?" I said casually, and faced them. There were three of them. 'Typical,' I thought. A Queen Bee and two loyal followers. I wanted to roll my eyes, but I stopped myself. "We're just wondering, are you Lee GaEun?" the petite girl with big curls asked.

I laughed inside my head, "Sungyeol Oppa is right, gossip does spread like fire.' "Yes, I am. Why?" I managed to answer. The two at the back of the long haired girl in the middle whispered to each other. The girl in the middle, who I'm guessing is the Queen Bee, stepped forward.

"Hi, I'm Gu Hyun Ah. Nice to meet you! I'm KIM MYUNGSOO's REAL girlfriend," she said, grinning at me and offered her hand for a handshake. I didn't answer and just looked at the latter's hand. I couldn't help it anymore. I raised a brow, "Oh, please," I said.

The two girls gasped upon seeing what I did. Hyun Ah dropped along with her hand. She regained her composure and pointed a finger at me, "Listen to this, LeeGaEun! Stay away from L or you're going to regret it!" I cocked my chin up, "Bring it! Why would I be scared of you and your minions? Huh?" The three girls' face turned pale. I smirked, "Tsk, I'm wasting my time on you. Confront me when you're prepared, honeys." I turned my back on them and walked away.

As I paced quickly away from the three girls, I heard a frustrated scowl from their direction. I'm guessing it's Hyun Ah. I'm going to see them again, that's for sure. And I'll be prepared.

"Hey, beautiful," Myungsoo whispered in my ear from behind me. I smiled and turned my head to face him. "Hello," I said and followed him with my eyes as he paced around the bench to sit beside me. He pouted, "'Hello' only?" No 'gorgeous' or 'handsome Oppa'?" I just chuckled and stuck my tongue out at him.

He just stared at me and a grin crossed his face. He turned to his side to get something from his bag. "Tada!" he said while holding a piece of red rose. Before I could react, he signaled his hand for me to wait. He turned to his side again. "Tada!" he repeated, now, while holding two rounded candies on sticks.

I blushed and took the rose and candy. I left one for him. "Thanks," I said still smiling. And he smiled back, "I'm glad you liked it." I laughed. "How many girls have you given this gift?" I teased. He pouted again, "Yah, you're the first one." He hesitated for a while but continued, "It's my first time to do this, you know. Girls usually give gifts to me," he smirked.

"My friends teased me. Ever since I took out my diapers, I never had a girlfriend." He laughed softly and played with the candy in his hand, "Well... I think they're right... 'Till you," and stared at me with those dark brown eyes. I just stared back at him. For a moment, it felt like time stopped.

I smiled and stood up, and his gaze followed me. "Alright," I faced him, "Take me home," and offered him my hand. He looked at me with a confused expression. I chuckled, "What? My boyfriend must be sure I'll get home safely, right?" His eyes brightened, "Really?" And I just nodded. He took my hand, stood up and pinched my nose. He chuckled when I pouted at him. We started walking, still holding hands. This is the happiest day of my life... So far.

We were at the front of the gate of the school when I stopped walking and Myungsoo was surprised that I removed my hand from his hold. He glanced back at me, "What's wrong?" I didn't answer, I just stared blankly at the floor.

He walked closer to me. "Hey, look at me," and lifted my chin. I faced him. "What's bothering you?" he asked with a worried look. I couldn't look straight at him. "I... The people, what they will think. I'm..." He placed both his hands on my cheeks. "Don't mind them," and he smiled my favorite smile. "And be proud you're dating Kim Myungsoo," he teased.

"Right," I answered with a sting of sarcasm in my voice. I removed his hands from my face and started walking. "Yah!" he called out from behind, I continued pacing. He caught up with me and placed his arm over my shoulders.

'Everyone's looking! Everyone's looking! Calm down, Ae Ra!' My mind's racing as we walked around the school grounds. He held me closer and I felt better. We passed by the three familiar faces, Queen Bee Hyun Ah and her minions. She wasn't looking at me though, she's looking at L. I glanced at him and he's looking at her too, like they were talking to each other. Then, she turned her back and left.

That moment felt weird. Not good weird. But I have to worry about it later. Right now, I have to stop myself from flashing because of the eyes being laid on me.

 

A week has passed.

After class, I'm waiting for Myungsoo Oppa at the school grounds when Sungyeol came to me, panting. "You have to come with me." We were running, "To where?" "You'll know when we get there," he said and my heart started pounding.

We stopped inside the school building. A campus radio broadcast is ongoing. I've heard a familiar voice. Is that L Oppa? "They're talking about something, I don't understand why it's on air."

I didn't answer Sungyeol. I listened carefully to the broadcast while I walked towards the broadcast room. "So you won now," a girl's voice said. "You made that girl fall for you." There was a brief silence. "Shut up! It's different now," L answered. What the heck are they talking about? I started running again. 'Where is that broadcast room?' I panicked.

The deal's off," L added. The girl laughed, "You still can't change the fact that you were only challenged to make that Lee GaEun girl fall for you, and you'll win the bet. End of story." I stopped. I felt like a bucket of ice was poured on my head. That moment, I just bursted inside the broadcast room.

The girl that Myungsoo Oppa was talking to is Hyun Ah. They were both startled by my entrance. I charged toward him and slapped him on the face. I felt my right hand sore but I didn't mid. I have to get out of here before I couldn't control my tears in front of him. I ran as fast as I could. I heard him call out but I didn't have any plans of stopping.

I stopped by a tree in a park. Catching my breath, I broke down. I can't believe I was stupid enough to fall for that Kim Myungsoo. I put my face in my palms, still crying.

The next day, I entered the hallway, all eyes are on me again. But I just continued walking towards my classroom. After class, Sungyeol approached me, "GaEun-ah, are you alright?" I just looked at him and tears started swelling up on my eyes. He pulled me and hugged me tightly, "I'm sorry, I should have protected you.

"I'm sorry for being stupid, Oppa," I said with a trembling voice. He released me from his hug and held my shoulder, "No need to be sorry, okay?" I nodded and smiled weakly. Just then, bell rang.

It's the second bell, the baseball game is about to start. Sungyeol looked at me, then at the door to the stadium. I know how badly he wants to watch the game, I forced a smile. "Go ahead," I said. "Let's the game together," he smiled back. "Just one round," he added.

Myungsoo will be playing. I don't know if I could handle myself seeing him. "Uhmm," I said and looked away. I don't want to see him, but I don't want my friend to watch the game alone. "Okay, for the school," I said and again, I forced a smile. His eyes brightened and pushed my back towards the stadium

Still running, I don't know where I'll go. I just wanted to be away from this rotten place. He played with me, with my feelings! I couldn't control my tears, they just kept on escaping from my eyes. "You're so stupid, GaEun!  Why did you fall that easily?!" I screamed, not minding of people might hear me.

The game was about to start. My eyes involuntarily saw him in an instant. I felt a stab on my heart seeing him, but a part of me wants to see him even of he's the biggest jerk on earth. He was warming up. Our seat is close enough to make me see the dark circles under his eyes. Maybe he couldn't sleep last night too...

'Did he?...' My thoughts trailed off as he ran at the center of the field to do the opening pitch. After the pitch, everyone applauded and he smiled to the crowd. I stood up, "I'm sorry, Sungyeol. I can't..." He just smiled, "It's okay. I'll tell you how the game went." I smiled back at him and started to leave the stadium.

"GaEun-ah!" a familiar voice called out. The sound echoed in the whole stadium. "I know you're there. Where are you?" I stopped and turned around. The students close are looking at me. 'What now?' I thought.

"Darn it! I won't start the game unless you talk to me," he said in a frustrated tone. Spotlights started scanning through the crown. The students standing close to me started pointing in my direction and people joined them. The spotlight found me. I was frozen from where I'm standing.

I was blinded by the spotlight. I wanted to run but I was stoned. Before I knew it,L is standing in front of me. I panicked inside, 'What am I going to do, to say?' My hand's still sore from yesterday. Maybe I could use my left hand. Okay, just in case I wanted to slap him again, I'll use my left hand,' I thought.

"What now, Kim Myungsoo?!" I blurted out. "Haven't you hurt me enough? Now, you want to humiliate me in front of the whole campus." He just stood there. This is a waste of time. I turned around and started walking away but he caught my arm and stopped me.

"Will you stop running away?" he said, and I shot a glance at him, enough for me to see he has swollen eyes. "And I thought you were different... Different from what others think of you," I answered. He looked at me with a hurt expression. "I had the wrong intentions at first, I know that, and I'm such a jerk for hurting you. But everything I've told you at the park, all of it is true. I know you know that."

"And at the broadcast room, Hyun Ah set me up. I regret having a deal with her." He shook his head, "You're different, GaEun-ah. You're special... I realized that the night you kissed me... That I wasn't doing this for the deal, but because I've fallen for you." He sighed, "I guess it's too late to say this to you but I still want to say... I love you, Lee GaEun. I really do."

My heart sank. I don't know how I would react. He gave me a crooked smile, "And I'm sorry. There, I've said it. I don't want to hurt you anymore so I'm letting you go." He turned around and started walking towards the field.

I just stood there, looking at him as he walked away. "Run after him!" a student shouted. "Yeah! You wouldn't want to lose him again, right?" a voice called out from the side. Before I knew it, I was running towards him. He was surprised when I back hugged him. Everyone inside the stadium applauded and cheered. "You jerk!" I shouted at him, smiling. He faced me. "I love you too, Kim Myungsoo. I'm--" I didn't finish my sentence. He pulled me and kissed me. My tears just kept falling from my eyes.

I kissed him back and wrapped my arms on the back of his neck. He smiled when his soft lips left mine. "I'll win this game for you," he whispered. "Go get them, Superman," I said and he ran towards the field.

They won the championship. That was a great victory for the school. After the game, he ran to me and hugged me, I didn't care if he was covered with dirt. EVeryone's happy but I'm the one happier than any student at the stadium. Who would have thought that the guy I hate the most will be the guy that I would more than anyone... And I know he loves me more... My KIM MYUNGSOO. :">

---------------------

Done! Did you like it? Comment what you think ^^