Elevated

Untouchable


CL pauses when she comes across the sleeping form of AOMG's only female artiste. Hoody, who she'd always thought to be awkward, now appears open to her. Sleep has the elder female at ease, shoulders relaxed and breathing even unlike the other times CL had seen her. 

She frowns when she sees the black eye that Hoody sports- the result of her trying to defend CL's own member from a sasaeng- and it deepens when she thinks about the fact that Hoody didn't have to protect Dara at all. She should've gotten help by calling a security guard or Kiseok or Gray or someone, yet she didn't. Despite her dislike for CL, she kept Dara safe and, in doing so, put herself in harm's way.

A heavy sigh escapes the younger, brown-haired female and it's enough to wake the patient. Upon noticing Hoody awake, CL's back straightens before she bows slightly. She holds the flowers out to Hoody, who accepts them gracefully with a nod and smile.

"I hope you like them," CL says honestly. She'd gone looking for the prettiest, brightest flowers; something that would cheer Hoody up. Sunflowers had been the final purchase. Their illuminating presence radiates, making anyone glad to see them. 

"I do," she nods, "They're very beautiful."

"How do you feel?" 

"A lot better than two days ago. I felt like utter then," Hoody admits. "But thanks for coming and asking."

CL smiles sadly at her, shaking her head, "I should be the one thanking you, but I don't even know where to begin. What you did...I don't even know how to repay you for it. My members mean a lot to me and we've become close friends over the years. As the leader, it's only natural that they come to me for help when the time calls for it, but I wasn't here when the attack happened. I wasn't here when I was needed-"

"That's not your fault. You didn't know that someone would've waited outside the show..." her voice trails off when CL nods.

"I know it's not and Kiseok has been ringing my ears off over the past few days telling me not to blame myself," the younger confesses, moving to sit on the edge of Hoody's cot near her feet. "But I still can't help but feel guilty. You shouldn't have done what you did because it put you in here."

"Who knew sasaengs were that strong, huh?" Hoody tries to joke. "Typing behind their computer screens must've strengthened their muscles."

The shoulders of YG's top female don't shake in laughter. Instead, she changes the topic, "But will you really be alright? Do you need like headache tablets or anything? Should I call the doctor or nurse to check up on you."

"I'm fine," the blonde assures the brunette. "And please don't call that nurse, she's rough and sour."

CL nods but makes a mental note to have the nurse switched. She spots Hoody yawning slightly, trying to disguise it, "Tired?" she questions. "Or are you just bored of me? You can tell me without worry."

"Definitely not bored. Judging by what Jung-sajang tells everyone, you seem to be very interesting and fun. He can't go a day without bragging about you," Hoody reveals playfully and CL is unable to trace any malice in her voice that she thinks she might've found weeks ago. And trust Kiseok to talk about her; the thought has her blushing slightly. "So I'm just a bit tired."

"I'll leave you to rest then, I probably woke you earlier when I came in. Sorry about that," she apologizes, hopping down from the hospital bed. "Thank you again. I don't know how but I swear that I'll find some way to repay you."

Sudden guilt hits Hoody, overruling her emotions as she looks over at the brunette. CL has been nothing but kind to her, especially today, yet Hoody had always been cold towards her and for petty reasons, too. Then she remembers what she did three days prior, what gave her the anger to fight that sasaeng more than any other reason. And she has to tell CL.

"I don't know how to say this," she starts up, finding utmost interest in her fingers all of a sudden. It might be best to just blurt it out, like pulling off a band-aid quickly. "I kissed Jung-sajangnim."

She waits for it to come: the anger, the sharp look, even the slap across her cheek. But CL only pauses for a little while, more of out shock that Hoody decided to tell her than anything. She thought it would've been kept on the down-low. "I know," she tells the elder.

"How did you-" Hoody cuts herself off when she realizes the answer to her own question. Her boss had obviously told his girlfriend what happened. "I'm so sorry."

"Hm," CL nods, not angry but not particularly happy either. "I wasn't happy about it, I can assure you. But I've known for a long time that you had feelings for Kiseok. From the very moment I saw you looking at him, I could tell. That's why you didn't take a liking to me, right? Because I'm with him."

"He didn't even kiss me back."

"Yes, he made sure to tell me that part."

"No," Hoody shakes her head, trying to get her to understand. "It wasn't like he just didn't move his lips, but he pushed me back and wiped his mouth like I was disgusting. Then he looked the angriest I've ever seen him and he told me to 'stop that ing '. But I could see in his eyes, behind the anger, there was genuine fear.

"For a second, I wanted to think that it was the fear that he might like me too and he'd get caught in the middle, but that was me being delusional. The fear was that he'd lose you if you found out about it. He looked like he'd cry, like that wasn't even a possibility for him."

CL nods as she listens, not too surprised by Kiseok's reaction. If there's one thing he makes clear, it's that he loves her more than anything else in the world. The paralyzingly type of love that has them both utterly enraptured by each other with no sort of escape from it. Yet the one that can't beat either of their independent personalities as they both can stand on their own when need be. She doesn't ever want him taken away from her and damn anyone who tries.

Looking at Hoody now, CL realizes that she knows nothing about the girl- apart from the obvious that can be gauged from observation like the fact that she sings well but lacks the presence to deliver the message behind her songs- she doesn't know where she grew up, or if she has siblings or even her real name. But even then, one thing becomes apparent to CL, an immutable to her that others may overlook. 

"You love him."

"He's in love with you."

She can't deny that, so she doesn't. Hoody appreciates that more that she'd ever admit. It makes her accept reality as though it had hit her like a truck at full speed. She knows that when Kiseok talks in that calm voice on the phone, he's speaking to CL. When he randomly smiles out of nowhere, he's thinking about CL. When he sometimes leaves work for hours at a time, he's with her. She's everything to him that Hoody will never be. 

"I should go," CL speaks up after a while. They were both so deep in thought that the silence that they would've found awkward had gone by unnoticed. "Sleep well."

"I will."

CL sends her a wave as she heads for the door but pauses with her hand on the handle. "I didn't get your real name."

"It's Kim Hyun Jeong."

"Until tomorrow, Hyun Jeong," CL smiles then exits. She doesn't have to state her real name because everyone already knows it: Lee Chaerin. Just another reminder that CL is on a different level, some place hard for Hoody to ever reach.