A Million Pieces

Painless

Who could take it when the person they loved the most died on the same day they had been told that they had cancer?

Who could take it when they knew they were just a ticking a time bomb?

Who could take it when they had the same nightmare about their lover’s death every single day?

 

That’s right. No one could. Or at least Kyuhyun couldn’t.

 

Kyuhyun shut his eyes. The cold wind stung his pale sunken cheeks and it felt like he was being pricked by numerous needles. It was only fall, yet the frigid drafts made it feel like winter already. The chill made all the hairs on thin arms stand up as he bunched them closer to his body and tried to ignore his shivering. He took a deep breathe, creating a white puff of air in front of his face as he exhaled.

 

Stepping closer to the edge of the roof, his heart fluttered and his chest throbbed. He didn’t dare open his eyes for he was afraid the height of the building would cause him to hesitate. And hesitation was the last thing he needed at the moment.

 

His stiff,cold face was warmed by the hot tears that slid down them uncontrollably and his cracked lips quivered.

 

I’m sorry everyone.

 

Another step.

 

The wind blew against his thin frame, causing the thin hospital gown to plaster itself against his body as he fell. He felt more free than ever and everything weighing down on him was removed.

 

The human body had a stronger force than gravity did and the long distance from the rooftop to the ground ended as quickly as it started. He plunged for a few more seconds before everything came to an abrupt stop as his chest slammed forcefully into the hard cement and he could have sworn he heard something crack inside him.

 

He only laid on the ground and watched as blood pooled around him and drenched his shirt for he was numb. Somehow being bathed in a warm,  bright red substance was satisfying sensation. Maybe it was because of the countless number of scars he had given himself, maybe it was from his sickness, he felt no pain, no emotions. His head felt heavy and his could feel himself slipping out of consciousness. His lips curved into an empty smile. He wondered if the fuzzy warm feeling he had was death, because if it was, it wasn’t half as bad as people made it out to be. Everything was finally over.He would never be a burden in the world where he wasn’t needed. His eyes blurred as fatigue engulfed him and he succumbed to the darkness around him.

---

Kyuhyun ah, you’re finally here. I’ve missed you. After the car accident, things have been lonely here.

Kyuhyun's lips curved upwards into a crescent as he held hands with the shorter, dark haired man next to him as they strode down the crowded streets. Although they were invisible and transparent to the world around them, to each other, they were as a whole and as solid as they could be.

I love you Ryeowook.

I love you too. He held onto to the others hand tighter as the ring on his middle finger softly brushed against his soft skin.