Only makes everything else disappear | Liar Liar

Don't Let It Rain

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

Boo Seungkwan is a little annoyed at the moment. The brunet keeps on hearing little manly giggles next to him and it’s absolutely irritating because 1) the other male’s giggles are disturbing as they are and 2) he can’t enjoy his social media time in peace. He stops scrolling through his Facebook feed and casually leans over to the right to his tall friend.

On the small screen in the male’s large hands, he sees little text message bubbles. He can barely read it from his perspective, but he does manage to read some of the texts. Some reading along the lines of “you’re a cute dork” and “meet on Sunday” and that’s when Seungkwan snaps.

As fast as lightning, he yanks the phone out of the taller male’s hand and quickly skims through the text messages. Seungkwan leans his whole body left so that there’s less chance of the other male being able to get his phone back.

“WHAT THE SEUNGKWAN. GIVE IT BACK”

The brunet ignores the taller’s commands and gawks at the messages he reads. The taller is finally able to grab his phone back and goes red in the face.

“So…I guess you finally did it! YOU TWO ARE GOING OUT I KNEW IT” Seungkwan screams

“Who’s going out with who?” Soonyoung asks, poking his head out from the backroom with Seokmin also poking his head out on top of him.

“MINGYU AND HIS LOVER BOY THAT’S WHO”

The three co-workers make irritating noises and amplifying screams while Mingyu just sits on the stool with a red face, clutching the phone to his chest.

“We’re not going out! How many times do I have to tell you guys! We’re just hanging out, okay?!”

“Mingyu, you could lie all you want but you’re going to have to tell us eventually~” Seokmin chimes.

Mingyu just groans as his friends scream unnecessarily loud to the point it could scare away potential customers.

“Guys, I’m serious. We don’t have anything going on; we’re just friends”

“Just friends? Really? Wonwoo-hyung with a heart emoji as the contact name? If you’re going to be a liar you could at least try to be a good one”

Mingyu feels his face heat up even more and sinks down a little as his co-workers coo over how cute he’s acting.

The tall giant just sighs and hides his small yet sad smile. “Guys, seriously though, as much as that would be nice, we’re not going out. There would be no chance anyway”

“Are you sure? He called you a cute dork” Seungkwan says smugly and the two other co-workers coo.

Mingyu blushes and kind of wants to hit his friend, but he keeps his composure. “Okay yeah he did but it’s just…” he sighs. “I don’t want to get my hopes up, okay? I do like him but…ugh, I don’t really want to talk about it”

The gag trio look back and forth at each other before calming down.  “Mingyu…there’s seriously nothing to worry about. Besides, I’ve never even seen you this hung up over someone so maybe there’s a chance! Be positive, man! There’s nothing to be worried about” Soonyoung says, patting his tall friend on the back.

Ding!

They all hear a notification sound from Mingyu’s phone and they immediately gather around him to take a glimpse of his screen. The tall giant tries to shove his friend’s nosy faces away as he reads the text.

 

Wonwoo-hyung <3

What time are you available? 5:52PM

 

“He’s totally interested!” Soonyoung screams.

“Hyung, chill! All he did was ask what time I was available” Mingyu groans.

“Still interested~” Seokmin sings

Mingyu rolls his eyes while hiding his smile and types back a reply back. He then turns around to his friends who are just as content as him on what reply he is going to get back.

“Guys, go back to work please”

“What? No, I want to know what he’s going to say”, Seungkwan cries. “Besides, the manager is like never here so we’re not going to get into trouble or anything”

Mingyu groans as he knows how right he is about the manager never being around. There’s another chime from Mingyu’s phone and his friends lean in.

Wonwoo-hyung <3

Cool 5:54PM

Can’t wait to see you :) 5:54PM

Mingyu cringes at the high pitch unmanly squeals and random screaming from his friends, but refrains from judging them as he know that he himself would squeal just like them.

“What is with all this screaming?! And you guys wonder why we barely get any customers”

The four workers turn to the front of the store to see a black bob haired male walking towards them.

“JEONGHAN!” All of them, besides Mingyu, scream.

“We missed you so much!!” Seokmin cries. The three workers that hadn’t seen the male for a long time all huddle around Jeonghan and hug him tightly.

Jeonghan’s exhaustion was still evident, dark circles drawn under his eyes while his eyelids had been a little red. His hair was taken cared of properly, though – not a single hair out of place. Mingyu figured that Jeonghan probably didn’t want his co-workers to worry as much so he tried to fix himself up as much as he could.

“Wow guys, I missed you too but it would be nice if you all let me go before I die from suffocation”

They slowly let go of their friend while they sulk, clinging onto his arms.

“Hyung! You cut your princess hair!” Soonyoung exclaims.

“Y-yeah, I just thought I needed something fresh, you know?”

“It looks good! Don’t worry hyung, you still look pretty!” Seokmin voices

Jeonghan chuckles, “Not that I was worried, but thankyou Seokmin”

“Jeonghan-hyung, are you okay? You know you can talk to us, right?” Seungkwan says with a worried expression.

“Yeah, you can talk to us anytime. If anything happens, we’ll be here for you. You can tell us anything” Soonyoung claims with concern.

Jeonghan offers a sad yet sweet smile. He then chuckles and just pats them on the head.

“It’s okay. Besides, Mingyu already helped me a lot”

“WHAT?!” Seungkwan shouts

“Mingyu! You knew how and where Jeonghan was and you didn’t even tell us? That’s it – don’t talk to me, we’re not friends anymore”

“What?” Mingyu pouts “You guys never asked”

“He’s got a point there” Seokmin says

“Don’t lie to me Kim Mingyu! You just wanted to have Jeonghan all to yourself, didn’t you?!” Seungkwan exclaims while the other two idiotic co-workers gasp dramatically in horror.

“We know he’s pretty but he’s too pretty for you!” Soonyoung cries, “Isn’t Wonwoo enough for you?!”

“Oh come on guys, you all are being dramatic” the tall male rolls his eyes

“Speaking of Wonwoo, you want to tell everyone how your date went?” Jeonghan smirks.

“WHAT?!” The three idiotic co-workers cry

Mingyu gives a deathly glare at the pretty male who just turns his head and pouts while shrugging, putting his hands up in defence.

As Jeonghan walks away to the backroom to put his belongings away and to grab his apron, the three co-workers tug at Mingyu, asking rapid questions on what their friend was talking about.

“It wasn’t a date! We were just hanging out, okay?!”

““Hanging out” my – Kim Mingyu, tell us all the details, now!” Seungkwan demands as he crosses his arms.

He groans while his co-workers surround him eagerly.

“Don’t even think about lying, Mingyu”, the pretty male says as he stands at the door of the backroom as he ties his the strings of his aprons behind him. “I’ll tell them all the details of the date that you told me if you decide to leave them out”

The tall giant glares at his traitor of a friend who smiles at him ever so innocently.

“You’re enjoying this a little too much, you demon”

Jeonghan just laughs and flips his hair, and goes back into the backroom.

And so, Mingyu tells the tale of his “date” as his friends coo over “how adorable” it is, imputing commentary here and there. Mingyu leaves out all of the embarrassing parts, only to have Jeonghan scream out what actually happened from the backroom as he listened in on Mingyu’s story as well.

Halfway through the recount, they hear a chime from Mingyu’s phone again. Mingyu tries to again move his friends’ nosy faces out of the way as he opens up the message notification. The three idiots scream.

 

Wonwoo-hyung <3

The book store you work at is near the flower store right? 6:17PM             

I’m on my way to work so I’ll stop by ^~^ 6:18PM

 

They all gawk at the text and Jeonghan makes his way over to Mingyu’s side.

“So this is what you guys were screaming about before?” Jeonghan questions as he leans his chin over Mingyu’s shoulder, reading the texts.

“Oh my god, we should get ready”, Seungkwan suddenly panics.

Soonyoung’s face goes serious along with the two other idiots. “Okay, Seungkwan, go sweep the floor. Seokmin and I will go line up the books properly. Jeonghan-hyung…you can stay there and be pretty”

Jeonghan gives a smug smile and just shrugs as Seungkwan whines, stating that it was discrimination that he had to do the hardest job just because he was the youngest.

Like headless chickens, they scramble off to complete their received demands. Seungkwan frantically sweeps the floor while Soonyoung and Seokmin run around the store, weaving in and out of the shelves as they check all the books are in place. Mingyu sits there with the phone still in his hand, shaking his head at his co-workers’ antics. The tall giant starts to think that his friends were more excited to see Wonwoo than he was.

Seungkwan continues to sweep the floor, but Mingyu can no longer hear the sporadic footsteps of the other two employees. He hears a thud at the book shelf and Seungkwan and Mingyu face each other questionably. The youngest looks towards where the sound had come from, and somehow they both get the gist of what’s going on.

“Can you guys please not make out when the lover boy arrives?!” Seungkwan shouts

Seokmin pokes his head out from an aisle and smiles meekly. “Don’t mind us!”

“Excuse you, I’m the one who’s done the most work here! What gives you the right to make out with your boyfriend when I have to work my off?!”

Suddenly, there’s a chime of the entrance bell and everyone freezes.

Wonwoo walks in and looks around. He sees Mingyu at the counter and smiles sheepishly, giving small shy wave. Wonwoo doesn’t notice, but Mingyu flushes at the sight. The tall giant starts to fantasize about giving his own sweater to Wonwoo, seeing how cute he was in his own.

“Hey, Mingyu”

The tall giant snaps out of his fantasy in hearing the smaller male’s deep voice. His voice hadn’t failed to make Mingyu melt on the inside.

“…Hey, Wonwoo”

They give each other a small kind smile.

“So, how have you been-”

“Why, hello there!”

Mingyu makes the face of horror, completely forgetting that his three friends full of idiocy were still in the same room. He glares at Seungkwan who’s leaning on the counter with his elbow, holding onto a broom while sticking out the other.

“I’m Seungkwan!”

Wonwoo smiles and shakes the brunet’s hand.

“I’m Won-“

“Wonwoo! I know you already – I’ve heard a lot about you”

Seungkwan flickers a smug smile behind him at Mingyu who’s staring daggers at him. The black haired man is taken a little aback at the statement.

“Oh, really? I’m sure you’ve heard good things I hope” the black haired man giggles as Mingyu blushes.

“Oh! Hello!” All of them turn their heads to Soonyoung and Seokmin who stand next to Seungkwan.

“You must be the one that keeps on occupying Mingyu’s mind! I can definitely see why though…” Soonyoung’s eyes trails down Wonwoo’s body before being shoved in the gut by his boyfriend’s elbow.

“Hi! I’m Seokmin! I’m this guy’s soulmate” Seokmin exclaims, pointing towards the blond male

Wonwoo gives a shy smile towards the couple.

“Hey, it’s really nice to meet you guys. Mingyu has told me about you guys too”

All heads turn towards the tall male

Oh, really?” Seungkwan asks in suspicion while squinting his eyes at the tall giant

“What did he say? What did he say?!” Soonyoung jumps

Mingyu is about to open his mouth to defend himself before his co-workers blurt out something embarrassing or Wonwoo spilling the juice, until he sees and hears the backroom door opening.

“Seokmin! Can you- oh? Who’s this?”

Jeonghan stands by the backroom’s doorway whilst carrying a large cardboard box filled with horror novels.

All heads turn towards Jeonghan, including Wonwoo. They both stare.

“Hey!”

Wonwoo jumps at the outbreak of the silence, but no one notices.

“You must be Wonwoo! The one that Mingyu can’t stop talking about!” Jeonghan grins while Mingyu stares daggers at him.

“It’s nice to finally meet you! I’m Jeonghan” Jeonghan greets. He walks to Seokmin and shoves the cardboard box in his chest who whines.

Jeonghan turns to face Wonwoo as he holds out his hand, emitting his angelic aura and smile.

“It’s nice to meet you too”, Wonwoo shakes the other’s hand, giving a shy smile

“It’s really nice to know what you finally look like after Mingyu has been constantly shoving in my face how cute you are; and I couldn’t agree more!” Jeonghan exclaims, turning towards Mingyu. The tall giant face palms himself in embarrassment while hearing a round of muffled giggles from the other employees.

“But unfortunately, unlike some people”, Jeonghan glares at his co-workers who stop giggling. “I have actual work to do instead of screwing around. I’ll see you later, okay?”

The pretty male shines his smile and Wonwoo grins as he nods. Jeonghan then walks back into the backroom, shutting the door behind him.

The fox-eyed male stares at the door until Mingyu starts waving his hand in front of his face.

“I’d love to stay longer, but I have to get going too. Joshua’s going to kill me if I don’t get back”

“O-oh okay! See you later then?” Mingyu asks. Wonwoo just smiles.

“Of course. I’ll call you after work”

He turns to walk to the door, but before he does so, he turns around to face Mingyu again. “Also I hope your forehead feels better”

Mingyu reaches up to his forehead and hisses in pain. He had completely forgotten about the bump he received from being overly excited for the date with Wonwoo the previous day. He groans, and Wonwoo just giggles at the sight.

They both wave at each other before Wonwoo opens the door and exits the store.

Sooo…” Seungkwan inches closer to Mingyu, leaning over the counter.

Mingyu groans, somehow knowing what his friend is about to say next. What he also knows is that he doesn’t want to hear it. He doesn’t need his friends shoving in his face his embarrassment.

Before the shaming humiliation begins, he’s saved by Jeonghan’s loud muffled voice from inside the backroom who is calling his name. He quickly slips away from his co-workers and enters the backroom.

“Please replace the old sci-fi fiction novels with these in aisle six”, Jeonghan commands as he slides a large cardboard box across the table towards the tall giant.

Mingyu groans. “Why can’t Seokmin or Soonyoung do it? I’m working on the counter!”

“Because one: there are barely any customers, and two: you’re the only one capable of doing any actual work at the moment”

The tall giant sighs and picks up the box. When he’s about to walk out of the room, he turns back to Jeonghan.

“Hey, are you feeling okay?” the tall male asks

Jeonghan looks up from placing a price tag on a maths textbook, and is taken a little aback from his friend’s sudden question.

“I’m…fine. Why do you ask?”

Mingyu just shrugs. “I-it’s nothing”

 


 

After a long day of sitting around at the counter while being poked fun at about his crush and his forehead, Mingyu celebrates as the clock strikes eight, allowing him and Jeonghan to head home. While Seungkwan had left an hour before, Soonyoung and Seokmin were left behind to lock up the store, though the tall male was sure that they didn’t mind.

Mingyu and Jeonghan bid their farewells to their co-workers, and head down the old cement pathway leading to the usual bus stop.

They both sit on the bus stop’s bench, waiting for the usual bus to arrive. Mingyu looks up.

To their luck, the sky was the canvas to only a few painted clouds, but there were no signs of rain for the night. Mingyu notices how much more evident the stars are this night; stars shining bright.

He turns beside him to see Jeonghan staring at his phone; a photograph that he had taken with Seungcheol as his lock-screen wallpaper. Mingyu can’t do anything but feel sympathy.

The bus arrives and they silently go in, seating themselves at the back of the bus as usual. Mingyu lets Jeonghan take the seat beside the window. The tall male plugs in his earphones, and hums along quietly. He takes notice of his surroundings – there are no other passengers besides them and a mother along with her child. He notices how the son is leaning his head against his mother’s arm, probably in deep sleep while the mother just stares out the window. Mingyu wishes them for their safety.

 


 

Mingyu jiggles the key into the lock until he hears a click. Twisting the door handle, he enters his cosy apartment with Jeonghan following him behind. Jeonghan is the first to flop down onto the couch after taking off his shoes.

“Jeonghan, I’m going to take a shower first, okay?”

Jeonghan just hums in response as the tall giant makes his way to the bathroom.

After taking a long steamy shower, he steps out of the bathroom with a fluffy white towel wrapped around his waist, while he dries off his hair with another. With the towel used to dry his hair now hanging on his shoulders, he enters his bedroom. He looks through his closet to pull out some comfy sweat pants and large t-shirt.

As he’s changing, he notices the dead anemone flowers still sitting on the window sill, petals ready to fall. He pulls on his grey t-shirt as he makes his way to the window sill that’s just above his study desk. He pulls out the flowers and picks up the already fallen petals sitting on the sill.

When he’s about to turn around, he notices some petals have also fallen onto his bedside table. As he’s picking up the dead petals, he notices a certain small and rectangular piece of paper sitting next to the tainted petals.

11.04.11

He continues to pick up the petals and walks out to the kitchen where the garbage can is placed. He chucks the dead flowers and petals into the bin. He then walks out to the living room where Jeonghan is snuggled in a thick blanket.

“Jeonghan, I finished showering. You can go in now. I’ll order pizza for dinner”

Jeonghan mumbles an “okay”, and Mingyu goes to look for his phone that’s placed on his bed. He dials in the number of the local pizza store and orders for the both of them.

By the time that Jeonghan is finished showering, there’s a knock at the door.

“Coming!” Mingyu calls out to have the pizza guy aware that he is in fact there.

He quickly grabs his wallet and jogs to the door, opening up to a man in uniform holding out his bacon and pineapple pizza (a.k.a the love of Mingyu’s life if it weren’t for Wonwoo)

Mingyu pays the amount needed before grabbing the pizza and they both say their farewells.

While Mingyu sets the pizza box on the table, as if on cue, Jeonghan comes out of the bathroom whilst drying his hair with a towel.

“Just in time! I would have eaten all of it if you didn’t come out”

Jeonghan laughs. “You wouldn’t; you love me too much”

Mingyu shrugs “Fair enough”

Jeonghan chuckles as he hangs the towels on his shoulder and takes a seat on the couch.

Mingyu joins his friend and they eat quietly, on the sounds of the television to be heard.

After finishing the entire box and watching an hour long movie featured on the channel they were watching, Mingyu finds his friend dozing off on his shoulder. The tall giant carefully stands up while placing Jeonghan’s head on a pillow and tucking him in.

He looks at the analogue clock placed just above the flat screen television: 11:40PM

The tall male rubs his eyes and yawns. He enters the bathroom to brush his teeth and then steps out to walk into his bedroom after turning off all the lights and television.

He flops back onto his bed and yawns again. Mingyu turns to his right, and looks above to the bedside table. His last thoughts before drifting off to sleep are when he’s able to see Wonwoo’s smile and a certain small rectangular piece of paper sitting on his bedside table.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N: listened to Oh My Girl’s “Liar Liar” on repeat while writing this because Mingyu’s a liar about not loving Wonwoo lmao

[SHAMELESS PROMOTION ALERT] 

I have made a new collection series called "Burst My Bubble" for underrated ships. Follow me on Twitter @WAT if you'd like to request a prompt or underrated/unusual ship that you wish for~~ so if you're and interested, you can subscribe here >> http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1151291/burst-my-bubble-meanie-jeonghoon-cheolsoo

You can also follow me on Twitter in general, you don't have to request stuff lmao. If you'd like to tell me anything personally though, that would be very much appreciated~ (im also just really lonely on twitter...so...yeah shameless promotion im sorry)

Updates are going to be very much slow, but I’m so glad for so many readers that are interested, so thankyou guys so much so far. This story is also kind of slow paced (?) so hopefully you guys aren’t dying when reading this lol,, Thankyou so much again! Upvotes and comments are much appreciated!!