One Shot

Dead Of Night

A thin blanket of humidity hung in the night’s air, hugging and enveloping everything in the impeding darkness. Nothing was left untouched as it descended..slowly. Nothing was left unclaimed. Not a single fragment was left forgotten as a heavy, ominous and dark fog patiently rolled in. A gentle breeze whispered through the stilled curtains just above the window pane, causing them to dance softly before settling back against the decorated wall. A tiny shudder rippled up your spine as the flicker of breeze floated through your darkened room. Instinctively, you immediately pulled the blanket closer around your shivering, lithe frame and curled your legs closer to your body. A warm heat seeped into your very pores and into your trembling core as your body slowly relaxed before sinking forward into the mass of blankets now currently on your bed.

Ah, I should have gotten Jungkook to close that window before he left. But I don’t want to get up now. Who will close it?  You thought, wrapping your hands around your pillow, pulling it tighter against your chest and closing your sluggish eyelids. I hope it doesn’t rain. Your mind continued to race with the aftermath of what took place in your room just a mere couple of minutes ago. An array of images flashed before your eyes as a satisfied, contented blush crept up to your cheeks. But your sweet reverie were interrupted as a tiny vibration pulled you back. With your eyes still closed, you slowly moved your hands around on the bed until it came to rest on a small, cold metallic object. As your fingers encircled your now vibrating phone, you slightly opened one eye before glancing at the shaking object before the screen lit up and a faint glow engulfed the room.
 

‘Are you asleep? Did you shower? How are your legs?’
‘Babe..?’
‘You can’t be asleep after one round, can you?’

A flustered smile quickly flashed across your face as his last words sink in, reminding you of exactly what he was doing just before he left. ‘Ya, Jungkookie. Don’t get cocky now.’ You quickly typed as you moved deeper into the mass of blankets as your phone vibrated once more. ‘But you haven’t left your bed, have you? Well you did have a long day so don’t even think about leaving. I left my shirt at the foot of the bed if you need it…’ At this point in the message, you glanced away from your phone and towards the floor. And true enough, there stood lying on the floor—his shirt. ‘…though…I like to see you without it.’ A happy sigh slipped passed your lips as your fingers quickly fluttered across the glowing screen. Returning the phone to its place, somewhere underneath the blankets, the neon clock flipped over, announcing 12am just as you drifted into a warm, contented sleep.

And it was then it happened.

At first, it felt like a tiny shudder-- a tiny puncture from a needle just underneath the contours of your warm skin. It was barely felt as you turned in your sleep entwining the blankets further around your legs. But then it struck again. This time it was harder, more pronounced as it riddled through your supple frame, sending waves of shivers from your vibrating cells before exploding outwards and causing your toes to curl inwards. You woke with a gasp as another convulsion trickled through your now sweating frame. Panic swelled into your chest as your eyes quickly scanned your surroundings. Almost immediately, another shockwave sent your body falling forward onto your bed as your hand moved to clutch your now screaming lower belly. But before tumbling forward, your eyes fell on the neon clock which stated it was just a little after 3am. You have only been asleep for three hours. What is wrong with me? You thought rapidly as the strength in your legs drained away. It took you a good few minutes to clear the fogginess clouding your mind before it hit you. It was that time of the month again. And this little bastard decided it was the best time to announce his presence while you were asleep. With a heavy groan, you attempted to untangle yourself from your blankets when another cramp rippled up from your belly and left you gasping for air with your arms coiled around your lower half.

Another couple of minutes quickly disappeared as your breathing slowly returned to normal. This will be back. I have to get off this bed and shower before I ruin my sheets. It was as if it was waiting for you for as soon as the thought left your mind..that’s when you felt it. A damp, moistened pool around your legs. Oh ...Was your only thought as another cramp surged through your shaking frame and left you breathing heavily--only this time it doesn’t go away. And as if the cramps and the ruined sheets were enough, you felt another vibration as your phone rang.

If I don’t pick up, he will think that I am asleep. Please hang up, Jungkook. Please. You doesn’t have to see this. You thought, as the pain intensified and expanded to every throbbing cell in your body. And then the phone went silent. A silent sigh of relief went through your mind but it was short-lived as your phone vibrated once more. It was rare that he would call you twice at this time of the night, especially after dance practice. A rush of panic crept into your chest as you grabbed the phone and softly swiped the screen and pressed the cold object to your ear. His voice was soft, barely above a whisper and dripping with fatigue. “Babe, I am really sorry that I have to wake you up. I wish I didn’t have to especially when I know that you are asleep. But I left that package by the door and Namjoon hyung need it for tomor—“. You tightened your arm around your stomach as another cramp swept over your body and you gasped out aloud, a heavy groan into the receiver before a trickle of tears flowed from the corners of your eyes. Gasping loudly, you groaned again as you dropped the phone. Your thoughts no longer on your boyfriend as your body shook gently.

At the other end, Jungkook stood patiently on the ground floor leading up to your apartment. Fatigue and tiredness radiating throughout his entire body as he listened to the faint click signalling that you picked up the phone. Listening intently, he spoke softly into the phone knowing full well that you hate for someone to wake you up when you were asleep. When he did not hear you protest, like you always do, a wave of relief rushed through him only to be replaced with dread when he heard you gasped before groaning. Frozen, he said louder into the receiver. “Babe..are you there? Babe?..Answer me!..Hello..? Panic and fear took over his fatigued, worn muscles as Jungkook ran up the stairs, two steps at a time before arriving at your front door and without even knocking, he quickly punched the passcode into the lock before rushing through the door and into your room.

Through your daze, you heard his worried voice as light suddenly floated the room. Instinctively, you closed your eyes and remained perfectly still. Panic screamed through his entire body, sending flames of dread through his stomach as his eyes felt on your still frame on the bed, your lithe body not moving and what appears to be bloody mess in the middle of the bed. Jungkook rushed towards your frame before wrapping his arms around your upper body and shaking you gently. “Babe…babe..please answer me. Babe..you can’t do this to me. Babe..please..” You heard the pleading in his tone as you groan again and opened your eyes. Looking at him, you smile weakly as the relief rushed over his facial features. “What can’t I do, Jungkookie?” You asked weakly as your arms still clutched at your lower belly. Shaking his head, he pulled you closer and into an embrace when his eyes fell on the blood in the middle of the bed once more.

“BABE!” He gasped out, pulling away lightly. “Did I do that?” He inquired, a sudden seriousness etched on his handsome features as his eyes searched your own. “Was I too rough? Does it hurt? Oh my god! I was too rough, wasn’t I?! Oh babe, I am so sorry! And I left you..in this state..when I hurt you! Babe, I’m sorry! Don’t leave me!” He rattled on without breaking his breath as a small smile crept to your lips.
 

"Jungkookie…” you whispered, but he barely heard you over his continuous mumbling of how sorry he was. “Jungkookie!” You said, louder this time as you moved your hand towards the back of his head. “Jungkookie, look at me.” You continued as he moved away and looked at you, worry evident in his now darkened eyes. “This is not your fault. You did not hurt me as a matter of fact, you were just perfect.” You smiled again, and moving forward to lightly kiss his cheeks. “So no need to be sorry.”

Puzzled, Jungkook looked at you, still confused as he watched another darkened wave rushed over your face. “Then why…?” He asked softly as he moved to rub circles down your back. “Why does it hurt so much?” His long, gentle fingers moving softly on your back distracted you from the pain and you felt your strength slowly returned as his body heat slowly seeped into your own. “It’s that time of the month again, sweetheart. So this is normal.”

His fingers stopped moving as realization hit him. “Oh well this is embarrassing. I should have known about this.” He whispered as his fingers started moving again. “Babe, I am sorry for not being here.” At this point, you felt another wetness between your legs as your current situation came back to you. “Jungkookie, hey listen to me. This is not your fault. It was just that I wasn’t prepared for this. This is always unpredictable so please don’t feel terrible about this. Promise me?” You said, as you took his head into your hands and turned his face towards yours. “Promise me.” With a weak smile, he pulled his lips into a tight line and leaned forward before kissing your forehead. “Now..what do we do in this situation?” He asked once again as his phone suddenly ripped through the room. “Ah! I forgot about Namjoon hyung! Babe…” he started off but you cut him off. “I know. Go and give him the package. I need to clean myself up anyways. And this is something that I do not want you to see.” You scrunched your nose up at him before pushing him away gently. “I will be back, I promise.” Kissing you lightly on the cheeks, Jungkook scrambled out of the room before disappearing out the front door.

Climbing to your feet, you rapidly glanced around the bed and groaned. Your favourite blanket were all soiled and dirty. Swearing under your breath lightly, you moved quickly pulling the blankets off your bed and putting them to wash before disappearing into the shower. You emerged a little while after, refreshed. The pain still riddling through your body as a patient Jungkook stood in front of the bathroom door with a cup of warm tea in one hand and a pill in the other. “Namjoon hyung told me to give you this. And I made tea. Do not worry. All I did was warm the water. And I broke nothing.” Smiling proudly with all his teeth, your boyfriend never looked more tempting if it wasn’t for the throbbing pain in your gut.

One hour after, found you both curled up on new, fresh blankets. The pain all but gone, and the smell of a freshly showered Jungkook tingling your nostrils. One hand on the small of your back, another on the small curve of your belly as his hands both move in small circles. “..I really don’t get why when I rub your tummy like this..it doesn’t hurt..”Jungkook mumbled as his fingers continued to move. “It doesn’t make sense but as long as it doesn’t hurt…” he continued, quietly. “Shhh..” you urged him whispered softly. “Go to sleep sweetheart.” You rubbed your face gently on his chest before drifting off once more.