And ever since that day, you also have come to fall in love with him

What the Future Holds

Word count: 2194

"And ever since that day, you also have come to fall in love with him"


 

 

People would always say that you should think about what would happen before you go make decisions or do something reckless. 

Although for you, you were terrified of having that kind of knowledge. 

At first it was as vague as prediction, like knowing you are about to fail your next test, or knowing that there would be two students fighting in the next few hours. Your friends would always compliment you and call you the 'God of rock, paper, scissors' and being as innocent as you were, you were happy of the attention given to you, although you also never knew the reason why you always knew what your opponent would bring out, but you never spoke up. You've always thought that maybe it was all just your imagination, a result of a mere coincidence, or even luck. However, as time went by, the images that were once thought of as predictions, became visions that disturbed your everyday life. 

These 'visions' were unbelievably detailed and clear, as if you were watching a film right in front of your eyes everytime you blinked. It terrified you having to know that the stranger living across you would soon move out and transfer to Busan at 10:37 am, it terrified you to know that at 12:40 nn your friend will catch his girlfriend going on a date with a guy 5'10 tall, and most of all, it terrified you when you find out that they do come true. 

Was God playing with you? You weren't really sure, but there was only one thing you were certain of. 

There was definitely something wrong with you, and nobody will ever know. 

Through the years, you've learned to get used to it and you've learned to constantly ignore it. Faking surprise and ignorance became your specialty, and as if you were made for the job, nobody ever noticed. It destroyed you in the process, having to act depressed in front of your friends after you find out your boyfriend was cheating on you to not make them suspicious, when all you felt was emptiness after crying for weeks before it even happened. 

It was tiresome, but you were smart enough not to go against fate, and made whatever vision you have for the next day, come true. 

But that was until he came. 

You could recall the day he waltzed into your life like it just happened a moment ago. It was like an unexpected thunderstorm in the midst of a drought, and for the first time in years did you feel genuine surprise. You had run into him one day when you were running late for your Geometry class, and as cliché as it sounds, you didn't make a very pleasant impression, considering you had bumped into him so hard you flew back a meter away and landed on your bum. You winced as you rubbed on your back soothingly. 

"Oh sorry--- didn't see you there" A slightly high pitched, but masculine voice said, quickly approaching you and holding out a hand for you to take. 

You stared at his hand like it was foreign. You couldn't recall seeing this happening, and that caught you off guard. You always knew if things like this were going to happen, especially if it involved you getting hurt even if it was just a small paper cut, or bumping into a wall accidentally. You felt yourself bubble with emotions. It's been years since you felt genuinely shocked, and you wanted to prolong the feeling, no matter how strange that seemed to other people. 

Snapping out of your thoughts, you grabbed his hand and pulled yourself up, feeling electricity shoot up your arm, causing you to pull away in reflex. You blushed. 

"Yea that's fine, it's partly my fault anyways" You answer him, daring to look up to smile at him and instantly regretting it.  

Your breath hitched as you met his large dark brown eyes that seemed to twinkle under the light of the almost empty corridors. His dark hair was disheveled in the iest way possible and had a slightly chubby face but had defined features that surely melted every woman's hearts. His slightly ajar lips were full and had a pretty pink color and you could just imagine how soft it would be if you were to kiss them. 

Your eyes widened. 

Pure thoughts! Pure thoughts! 

You cleared your throat, fighting the blood that was quickly rushing up to your face at your impure thoughts. You were about to leave when he spoke up in a shy tone. 

"Um, if you wouldn't mind could you please tell me the way to Mr. Im's class?" He asked you timidly, scratching the back of his neck and biting his lip. The pieces fit together. Your friends have told you that there was a lot of transferees this year, and he was most likely one of them. 

You offered him a wide smile. 

"Sure, that's where I'm headed to anyways. Plus I now have a reason why I'm late for class!" You chirped, happy at the high possibility of not getting any detention for being late. He grinned widely and you had to stop yourself from drooling, and for the first time in years, you were upset that you didn't envision this beforehand so you could get the chance to doll yourself up. 

"That's great! I'm Jimin by the way, Park Jimin" He said, extending his hand for you to shake. You smirked at him playfully and took his hand, deciding to mess with him. 

"Bond, James Bond" You introduced, pushing your chest out and dropping your pitch an octave, imitating James Bond in the worst way possible. Jimin looked at you incredulously and had his jaw dropped, not knowing how to respond. You let out a loud laugh at his dumbfounded expression and apologized half heartedly. 

"Sorry—your face--!! I just had to do that, anyways my real name is Y/N" you said in between chuckles, he blinked twice before cracking a smile at your bubbly self. 

"I'd have to admit that for at least 2 seconds you made me believe that you were really James Bond" He said, chuckling. You flipped your hair and pulled the strictest face you have, dragging out the most melodic laugh you ever heard your whole life. 

"Better watch out boy"  

-- 

Since then, you were inseparable. 

You never spent a day without him, you had half of your classes with him and ate lunch with him, during weekends you either went out to hang out or watch rented movies and eat popcorn at your house. Your parents loved the guy and treated him as their own, even your dad who was very strict with boys have come to enjoy his presence and even encouraged you to invite him over, which made you very happy.  

And ever since that day, you also have come to fall in love with him. 

I mean, who in the right mind wouldn't when he was the sweetest fluff ball in the whole universe, and to add to all the fun, he was extremely gorgeous. 

Since you met him you've also noticed that your visions have lessened, but that was only when he was around. Whenever he wasn't with you, the visions would come back, as if he was a charm that put them away. That was why being with him put you at ease. 

However, one day everything changed. 

Your visions started coming back, a lot more clearer and long lasting. What was once only lasted 2 seconds became 30 seconds long, they also started appearing even when Jimin was around, and what was even more horrifying was when most of them were accidents that may endanger your loved ones' lives. Especially Jimin. 

You were having one of your movie nights with Jimin, you two were cuddled up on the sofa with a bunch of chips and chocolates around you, you had decided to watch your favorite horror film which caused Jimin to let out a girly scream every 5 seconds, making you laugh like a madman at his helpless form as he covered his eyes with your hair. Butterflies erupted in your stomach at the gesture. 

You stuffed yourself with chips to stop yourself from blushing when all of a sudden, you felt your heart rate speed up, and you felt something get into your eye making you wince. 

You blinked, and found yourself alone in darkness.  

Was there a blackout? You thought and felt around, trying to find Jimin. 

"Jimin?" You called out when you realized he wasn't beside you anymore. An unsettling feeling settled in your stomach when he didn't answer, but you shrugged it away, standing up and blindly taking small steps with your arms splayed in front of you, trying to find the walls. 

"Jimin? I know you're there! Don't play with me!" You called out again, sighing in frustration and confusion when you couldn't get your hands on a single wall. Your house wasn't even that big, and you could've been stumbling over because of the furniture, but no matter how far you walked, you couldn't feel anything, and it left a bitter taste in your mouth. 

You were about to call out for Jimin again, until his voice beat you to it.  

"Y/N" you flinched and whipped your head behind you and all of a sudden, you found Jimin and yourself inside a familiar apartment. You looked around rapidly, you were sure that you had decided to have a movie marathon at your housebut the different hiphop albums scattered everywhere screamed otherwise. This was Jimin's apartment, not yours. 

"How did we get here---" 

"Don't ing change the subject Y/N" he gritted out, his eyes ablaze. Your eyes widened as you noticed his fists clenched and his jaw tight in rage. You've never seen him this angry and it scared the out of you, especially when it was directed to you. Although at the same time it confused you to no end, you didn't do anything wrong. 

Right? 

"Wait, Jimin is this a kind of joke? What are you talking about?" You asked him, extending your hand to touch his arm, only for him to move away, grimacing. Your heart pounded in your chest almost painfully. 

What the was going on? 

He ran his hand through his hair in frustration. 

"Don't act dumb with me Y/N. You're my girlfriend for god's sake, I know you whenever you lie so just tell me the ing truth!" He yelled at you, his eyes narrowed to a glare. Your heart skipped a beat at his revelation, but it quickly passed by when your confusion grew by the minute. 

Girlfriend? Lie? Truth? You didn't understand where he was getting at, at all. Your mouth was agape as you tried to think of something to answer, but your mind was blank. You could see his jaw tense as the silence grew, and he let out frustrated yell making you flinch and unconsciously step back. 

"You know what? you and your secrets. I don't even know what's the use of me being your boyfriend" He spat out bitterly, turning around and walking towards the door. You felt yourself start to panic and you quickly jogged to him and grabbed his arm, trying to hold him back but he just harshly shrugged you off, giving you the scariest look you've ever seen. 

"Don't touch me" he said, and walked out the door leaving you speechless. Your mind told you to leave him be, to just wait for him, but your heart and instinct took over and without you knowing, you had ran out to chase after him. 

As soon as you got out a bright light greeted you, the brightness forcing you to shut your eyes until it died down. You opened your eyes and found yourself standing at the sidewalk of an unfamiliar street, your eyes automatically finding Jimin, walking briskly across the almost empty road. 

You were about to run and call out to him when you noticed a bright headlight pointing at him and fastly approaching. You screamed at Jimin desperately making him turned towards your direction in shock. Your eyes widened in terror as you hear the earsplitting honk of a large truck as it swiftly came into view.  

No no no this can't be happening 

 Jimin turned to the approaching truck with wide eyes, but it was too late. Your heartbeat stopped, and you screamed as the truck collided with Jimin's lean form.