.Final.

Best (Texting) Friend!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sungyeol huffed, growled and threatened his friends- as much as he could- but all he received was a loud crackle of laughter in return. This much was expected from Myungsoo and Sungjong- who lived to laugh at anything and everything Sungyeol does- and, Hoya and Woohyun always need an excuse to remind him how he was the childish one among the three of them- when three of them were in same grade- but he was not expecting such a thing from his much mature and intelligent friends, Sunggyu and Dongwoo.

 

“But it really was scary!!” Sungyeol insisted and received another peel of laughter from his so-called friends; he, definitely, was in good need for some new friends.

 

Okay so Sungyeol will, kind of, admit that it was a little funny if he thinks about it now. Receiving a prank text message, starting with the famous line of the movie ‘Scream’ ‘Which is your favorite scary movie?’, and developing to something along the line ‘I know who you are! I know where you live! You better shut your window… I am coming to kill you’, from an unknown number and actually rushing to shut all the windows in his house and sitting upright on his bed, all night long, waiting for any intruder to try and break into his room so he could scream at the top of his voice… that does sounds a bit funny but not enough to make you roll on floor in laughter, something his so-called best friend, Kim Myungsoo, was currently doing.

 

And it was all Sungjong’s fault to begin with, if that little girly looking guy was not manly enough to watch scary movies and taunt Sungyeol for being a scaredy cat- and successfully tricking him to watch those kinds of movies as well- he would have easily laughed off that prank text.

 

Sungyeol huffed his slightly chubby cheeks and gave a deep pout while looking from one grinning face to another and finally resting on his best friend, and no matter how cute Myungsoo looks as his unique crackle of laughter rings in his ears, making butterflies to flutter in the pit of his stomach, still Sungyeol stomped his foot in dejection before turning around to leave the room.

 

“Yah! Where are you going?” Dongwoo’s loud voice echoed after him, despite the ring of laughter still present in it, concern could also be detected.

 

“To find some new friends.” Sungyeol’s retorted crossly, gaining another round of laughter and all he could do was pout dejectedly.

 

o-o-o-o-o-o-o

 

Sungyeol loudly announced his arrival with a shout of ‘I am home!’ and was climbing the stairs to reach his room when his smart phone beeped. Sungyeol took it out and he had just opened his bedroom’s door when he clicked on the ‘one new message’ and stop short in his way.

 

From: xxx-xxxx-x

I am coming for you tonight… get ready to die!

 

Sungyeol roll his eyes exaggeratedly and typed in a reply while abusing his smart phone’s screen, furiously.

 

To: xxx-xxxx-x

Great! I would be waiting…

 

Sungyeol huffed once more as he dropped his backpack on his bed, along with his smart phone, before picking a change of clothes as he made his way to the bathroom… and no, he would never admit he checked if his window was indeed locked or not.

 

.

 

.

 

Sungyeol moaned in pain as he rubbed his sore muscles. He had been so absorbed in doing some of the assignments, which were due in two or three days, that he had lost the track of time and giving a brief glance to the innocently ticking away arms of his Mickey Mouse Clock he realized the midnight was loaming closer since it was already 11’o clock.

 

Rolling his sore muscles Sungyeol slowly made his way to his bed, lying on his soft mattress he reached out for his phone. The conversation from earlier was left opened, therefore, it was the first thing Sungyeol’s eyes fell upon. He had not received any other messages from the psychopath and feeling a little daring he sent another message.

 

To: xxx-xxxx-x

You didn’t come. I had been waiting…

 

Sungyeol mentally scolded himself for being a plain idiot and initiating a conversation with a complete stranger- who could be a serial killer, for all he knows. But just then…

 

From: xxx-xxxx-x

Sorry false alarm, you are not the guy I had to kill tonight.

 

Sungyeol blinked his big beautiful eyes a few time, thinking whether to laugh or be scared of this weird guy. But disregarding all of this he thought he might just go to sleep, since most probably this psycho guy had found someone else to prank text now.

 

It had only been a few seconds since he had closed his eyes when his phone beeped loudly, breaking the silence of the night. Heaving a sigh, he opened the new text.

 

From: xxx-xxxx-x

I am such a nice serial killer, right? I didn’t let you hanging and told you I won’t be killing you tonight.

 

Sungyeol gapped at the weirdest text he had ever received, silently questioning the mentality of the text sender.

 

To: xxx-xxxx-x

Not exactly… I was kind of hoping you would come.

 

From: xxx-xxxx-x

WHY?? Having a bad day? 😲

 

Sungyeol couldn’t help but scoff… because which type of serial killer uses emoji’s? Smiling slightly, he found himself writing a reply regardless of the fact that he could most probably be texting some mental patient in some big hospital, who had somehow got his hands on a mobile of a doctor or nurse… but he soon realized he needed to vent and talk to someone, after what happened earlier in the evening, thus he welcomed this weird conversation.

 

To: xxx-xxxx-x

Yup! Having the worst day ever.

 

From: xxx-xxxx-x

Why? Who hurt my little prey?

 

Prey?? Yup, definitely a psycho… but maybe Sungyeol was a bigger idiot for holding such a conversation.

 

To: xxx-xxxx-x

My friends :( :( I definitely need new friends…

 

From: xxx-xxxx-x

Hahahahahahaha…

 

Now Sungyeol was pissed off, it was like his friends were laughing at him once again. He had been humoring the other guy but after that offending text he promised himself not to reply again, until…

 

From: xxx-xxxx-x

Is there a form one can fill to apply for a position to be your friend??

 

Sungyeol stared at the new message, hard and long, telling himself that he won’t reply… nope, you would never ever…

 

To: xxx-xxxx-x

Name:
Age:
Occupation:
Address:
Interest:

 

Sungyeol sat waiting, anticipating the reply… knowing he would get some bogus info but still…

 

From: xxx-xxxx-x

Name: Your secret admirer
Age: 1000 years old
Occupation: Serial Killer
Address: Lives in your heart
Interest: Raising puppies, collecting toe nails, stalking hot boys and… killing people for fun ^.^

So do I qualify??

 

Sungyeol didn’t know whether to laugh or cringe… and he was also not sure if the other person was flirting with him or down right trying to scare the out of him. He had still not decided what to reply with when he received yet another text.

 

From: xxx-xxxx-x

So I gotta run… have a guy to kill tonight… good night, have salty dreams

 

“What a weirdo.” Sungyeol muttered but his words were contradicted by the big goofy smile he had on his face. Then he thought he should as well save the number, but founding an appropriate name was quite a hassle.

 

Serial Killer?? Nah that’s too obvious… Loser?? Nah that was quite obvious- and insulting… then… L for loser, yup that would be perfect!

 

To: L

Have fun… good night, have sour dreams

 

o-o-o-o-o-o

 

The guy wasn’t half as bad as Sungyeol had thought at first, he was actually quite humorous. Weird but funny as well, the very reason he found himself sitting in the cafeteria- on the table reserved for his group of friends- still immerse in texting the psycho stranger. He was the only one who wasn’t talking and laughing with his other friends- because he was still angry at his jerk friends and was on no-talking mode with them- along with Myungsoo who had been searching for something in his back pack for last half an hour now, he even had stuck his head in his back pack.

 

“Aww is our Sungyeollie still not talking with us?” Woohyun’s cheesy drawl broke through Sungyeol’s happy bubble as he was smiling at something L has said.

 

Sungyeol gave a small scowl to his weird friend who was throwing his signature hearts at him… like seriously?!?! Did he looked like one of Woohyun’s fangirl??

 

“Who are you texting, Sungyeollie? Not that serial killer who so kindly told you to close your windows because he was coming for you?” Hoya sniggered loudly, making the rest to laugh along him.

 

“Ha Ha! No, for your information I am talking with my new friend.” Sungyeol retorted looking smug, even if internally he was cringing at himself.

 

Sungjong, who was nearest to him, slightly leaned toward him to look at the screen of his smart phone. “L? What does L means?”

 

“L for Lizard!” Dongwoo shouted excitedly, while grinning widely.

 

“Nah, that’s the nickname Sungyeol Hyung had saved Sunggyu Hyung’s number as.” Sungjong, the ever helpful friend, quickly informed the whole table.

 

“WHAT??” Sunggyu shouted, looking livid.

 

“Yah! I told you to keep it a secret.” Sungyeol hissed as he hit the shin of their group’s youngest member, while Dongwoo and Hoya tried to hold back the angry eldest member.

 

“Ohhh, I know! L for Lover…” Woohyun quickly said to distract Sunggyu from his murderess thoughts.

 

“Lover?” Myungsoo snorted before turning to give his most charming and dimpled smile to Sungyeol. “Knowing Sungyeol he must have put L for loser, right?”

 

Sungyeol’s heart fluttered and he felt blood filling his chubby cheeks, by being under the observance of those shining with amusement brown orbs. That smile would be the death of me!! Sungyeol swore mentally.

 

“Last night was the best night ever!!” Suddenly Woohyun screeched, making Myungsoo to break his eye contact with Sungyeol and turn his attention toward him… Curse you Nam Woohyun!!

 

“Yeah, we had tons of fun!” Sunggyu established.

 

The rest of the present boys murmured their agreement as well, while Sungyeol could only scowl in confusion.

 

“You guys were together last night?” Sungyeol acquired, hoping to be told otherwise but when he was given vigorous nods from all six heads he felt like bursting up. “And nobody bother informing me?”

 

“Well we thought you were angry with us and won’t come even if we call,” Hoya supplied him with the answer while innocently blinking at Sungyeol.

 

Sungyeol could only pout and scowl before leaving his- furiously calling after him- friends, hugging the smart phone in his hand. Suddenly his phone beeped and a smile spread on Sungyeol’s pouting lips… at least his new friend was a good distraction.

 

o-o-o-o-o-o

 

Bipolar!! Yup, Lee Sungyeol had ended up adding yet another quality- in the ever growing list- for his new buddy, L… along with weirdo, psycho, idiot, , jerk and now, bipolar!!

 

Sungyeol was sure the guy had bipolar personality. It had been a whole week since Sungyeol had been talking (texting) with the guy and he could swore that he felt like he was talking to different people at different time of the day, it was like his personality changes with the position of the sun. Sungyeol liked him the best at night time, L becomes so cute and sweet at night time.

 

When he text in the middle of the school Sungyeol labels him as a jerk, at evening time the psycho path comes out… telling him either he was coming to kill him or going to kill some other guy… and sometimes he was plain old weirdo, talking about one random thing to another… but most of the time he was like that cute and sweet guy that would chat with him for hours, till late at night, and sometimes it felt like Sungyeol was actually talking with his lover.

 

But overall, Sungyeol was happy to get a new friend… a weird psycho stranger… but still. His constant bickering with his real, live and visible friends has also came to an end, now that the rest of the gang is back on bullying their youngest member, Lee Sungjong, but does Sungyeol feel bad for the younger- now that he himself had endure their teasing first hand- Nope, definitely not. He finds as much pleasure in teasing Sungjong as the rest of the gang did.

 

Then one fine evening Sungyeol found himself walking with Myungsoo… ALL ALONE!! Now don’t get him wrong… Myungsoo is definitely his best friend compare to others but that doesn’t mean Sungyeol’s poor wildly beating heart can endure the constant dimple smiles Myungsoo direct at him nor can his poor heart stop the small twist it experience whenever Myungsoo throws his arm around his shoulder and squeeze him in a bone crushing hug… if Myungsoo’s charming smiles won’t kill him then this level of skin ship would surely give him a heart attack.

 

“Myungsoo Oppa!” A loud screech of high pitch sound made the pair of two best friends

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter