Final

Us Together

The sound of running footsteps echoed on the hallway, faint gasps of a girl could be heard.

" Ah crap! I'm late for practice again! " the girl continued to dash her way towards her destination.

She passed a staff of the company, bowing her head which the staff replied with a yell.

" Kim Mihyun!! How many times do I have to tell you, no running in here! " yelled the staff while waving his papers angrily.

" I'm sorry but I'm late for practice- " Mihyun stopped running as she bowed repeatedly to the staff.

" Again?? You really need to fix on that attitude of yours if you want to debut soon! Go now, but remember to be quiet when you pass the audition room because you know, they are having audition now. " the staff shooed her away.

" Yes! Thank you! " Mihyun quickly started to run again when the staff was gone.

" Ah.. He always nag. I hope he won't become my manager when i debut later. " murmured Mihyun, shaking her head.

She was too caught up with the thoughts of her trainee friends getting mad at her for being late for the nth time, that she didn't realize she was running into another girl. And she bumped with her. Hard.

" OOOFFFF- " Mihyun managed to stable herself from falling, meanwhile the girl landed on her back from the impact.

" Ouch.. " the girl rub her aching back.

Realizing everything, Mihyun quickly went to check up on the girl. She didn't think she ever saw that girl around here before.

" Oh my god- Are you okay? I'm sorry, I was in a rush- I'm late for practice and this Jiho girl gonna kill me surely because you know she's quite crazy and sometimes I'm afraid of her eventhough I'm older than her- It's just she can get quite scary at times- And that's why I didn't focus- " blabbered Mihyun in panicked as she helping the girl to get up.

The girl chuckled. Her voice was so soft. The girl lifted up her head, revealing her face. Her bangs were messy from the fall, yet it didn't stop Mihyun to gawk on her doll-like feature. She was indeed cute.Mihyun stopped her ramblings.

" You must be a rapper. " said the girl while fixing her hair.

" Eh? " Mihyun shot a confused look.

The girl smiled, brushing the dirt on her clothes.

" You talk hella fast. A rapper's quality there. I didn't get to say that I'm okay, but now that you've calm down, I can say it now. I'm okay. " the girl showed her eyesmiles.

Mihyun was about to say her apology, when a staff's voice interrupted her.

" Yoo Shiah, your turn! "

" Well, I gotta go. Anyway, good luck with that Jiho girl. " said the girl, reaching the door knob of the audition room.

" S-Shiah..? " Mihyun timidly said.

The girl turned to face her, " Yes? "

" Good luck for your audition! I- I hope we can meet again.. " Mihyun blurted out.

She didn't know why she said that, she just wanted to see the girl again.

The girl just nodded, before entering the room and left Mihyun, saying nothing.

Mihyun scratched her head. She shrugged her shoulder and was about to make her way to the practice room when she saw a girl stomping towards her.

" Uh oh.. Here comes Kim Jiho. " she sighed.

" Mihyun unnie!!! "

Mihyun ended up being chased by Jiho, but they got caught by the staffs that resulted them to be punished - which was cleaning the big practice room together. They continued to bicker and fool around.
**
RINGS
" Hello? "
" Hello, is this Yoo Shiah? "
" Yes, speaking. "
" I'm from WM Entertainment, calling to inform you that you've passed the audition. You can come from tomorrow onwards for practice. "
Shiah squealed in joy and went to get her brother, telling him the good news.
**
Mihyun was busy practicing with some trainees when the door swiped open, revealing a staff with a girl tailing behind her.

The staff clapped her hand, " Attention! "

Hyejin, one of the trainees went to turn off the music and the room went silent.

" Okay, girls. As you know, we had audition a few days ago and the company is interested with some of them. And here, is one of them. " the staff stepped aside to give way to the new girl.

At this point, Mihyun gasped in shocked. It was the girl she bumped into that day!

The girl smiled shyly, " I'm Yoo Shiah. I hope we can get along together! " she bowed.

" She will join the practice from today onwards, so make sure you take care of her well. That's all for now. Shiah, you can go with them. " said the staff before leaving the room.

As soon as that, Jiho went to greet her, taking Shiah's hands. Shiah was startled by it.

" Hi, Shiah! I'm Jiho! I can be your friend here. Hehe~ " said Jiho while shaking her hands.

Shiah bowed her head slightly, still wasn't used to Jiho's bright personality.

" So you're Jiho.. " smiled Shiah.

" You know me? Omo! Are you a fan of mine? Sasaeng?? " Jiho said dramatically.

Mihyun stepped forward to knock Jiho's head.

" Ahh, seriously! Cut it out. You're too noisy. " Mihyun grumbled.

" We met again. " Shiah quietly said.

Mihyun turned to look at her, smiling cheekily to hide her pink cheeks.

" Y-yes. Congratulations for passing the audition! " Mihyun gave her thumbs up.

Jiho came from behind and put her head on Mihyun's shoulder, " Ah, you met her before? "

Shiah nodded, " We met on the audition day. She bumped on me quite hard. She even rapping her apologies. I can't possibly forget that. She even talked about how scared she was of you. "

Jiho pinched Mihyun's sides, " Eyyy how can you talk bad about your lovely dongsaeng, unnie~ "

Mihyun struggled to break free from Jiho's attacks until Hyojung, also a trainee, came up and dragged Jiho away, leaving Shiah and Mihyun.

" I haven't got your name yet. It's unfair that you knew mine. " Shiah slightly pouted.

Mihyun coughed awkwardly in hope to get rid of her shyness infront of the girl.

" Kim Mihyun. "

Shiah gave a small smile before linking her arms with Mihyun's timidly.

Mihyun grinned, feeling giddy inside.
**
Jiho grabbed her backpack, ready to leave with the girls when she noticed Mihyun still talking with Shiah.

" Unnie~ Me and the others are going out to grab something to eat. Wanna join? "

Mihyun looked at her, but before she answered her, she turned to Shiah.

" Do you want to go with us? " asked Mihyun.

Shiah shook her head.

" It's fine. You can go with them. I will stay here for abit. I need to practice some more. "

Mihyun smiled and went to Jiho. They left the room. Shiah thought Mihyun was gonna leave with the girls, so she the music again, letting it blasting in the room, and moving her body to the beat. Her dances needed to be precised and sharper. She let the music filled her soul as she closed her eyes, her body danced on its own. She was so immersed in dancing that she didn't realize Mihyun came back and now was standing behind her, watching her dancing with sharp eyes. When the right beat came, Mihyun held Shiah's hands, which Shiah replied with a loud shriek, looking at the reflection on the mirror in panic but she sighed in relief when she saw it was Mihyun.

" Let's dance together. " said Mihyun as her body slowly following the hard beat.

Shiah monitored abit before joining her, and soon they lost themselves in dancing.
-
They laid on the floor after the music stopped, catching their breaths. After a few minutes, Mihyun sat up, grabbing the towel to wipe her sweats.

" Why are you still here? I thought you were going to join them. " asked Shiah before gulping on her water.

" I don't know, I just want to stay here with you and practice some more. I heard the company is preparing for a new group, so I think I want to show my best if I want to debut soon. "

Shiah went silent for a minute, thinking deeply. The word " debut " always gave her this chill feeling. Somehow, it gave her adrenaline. She had been training for awhile, it was her dream to make her debut, just like the other trainees. But she think she still wasn't good enough for it. The other trainees were good whether in singing, dancing or variety skills. Meanwhile Shiah was still searching for her talents that could make her stand out. Little did she knew that she was one of the best dancers among the trainees.

Mihyun noticed Shiah's unusual quietness, " Why, Shiah? Is there something bothering you? "

Shiah hugged her knee and buried her face.

" Debut.. It's every trainee's dream. It's mine too, but I don't think I have the qualities to debut yet. Hyojung unnie and Seunghee are so good in singing. Hyejin and Jiho had been trainees for a long time, perhaps it's their time to debut. Yoobin has lot of experiences in entertainment industry, it's an advantage for her. Yewon, she will be an appeal to public's eyes. She's adorable. People will like her the moment they saw her. And you too, Mihyun. You're the only rapper among us. You are the best dancer in here too. Meanwhile me.. " Shiah confessed her worries.

Mihyun looked at Shiah in concern. Having to practice with her all these times, she knew Shiah was always struggling. Maybe that was the reason why Mihyun wanted to be closer with her and always wanted to stay with her. She wanted to be reliable for her.

" Why you underestimate yourself? Look at yourself. You have nice vocal, and heck, you can dance so well too. You're one of the best dancers in here, not too mention a visual too. You're so pretty.. " Mihyun blushed when she said that while Shiah giggled cutely. " You never knew that? You practiced hard days and nights, injured yourself while you're at it. Everyone here saw how hardworking you are. If that isn't enough to make you debut, that it's really ed up. " Mihyun said sternly, making Shiah to look at her.

Shiah was grateful because Mihyun never really left her alone. Whenever she looked at her side, Mihyun definitely was there. Mihyun lent her shoulders many times only for her to cry. Sometimes she thought Mihyun would grew tired of her, yet all Mihyun did was giving her encouragement, whispering soothing words to her. Because of this, she grew attached to her. She wanted to be with her for a long time.

" Mihyun.. I want to debut with you. Together. With the others too. I'm afraid.. " muttered Shiah.

Mihyun scooted closer, grabbing Shiah's hand and intertwined their hands together. Shiah grasped on Mihyun's soft warm hand tightly. Mihyun timidly placed a small kiss on Shiah's head before engulfing her into a hug. Shiah smiled thankfully, burying her face on Mihyun's shirt. Mihyun's warmth, heartbeats, smell, she loved everything about Kim Mihyun. They stayed like that until it was time to leave.
**
Anticipation rosed up among the twenty trainees as the staff flipped his papers which had the names of trainees that would get to debut in WM's first girl group. The trainees were filled with mixed feelings when the staff started to speak.

" The high ups and me have discussed thoroughly for this upcoming girl group. We evaluated from many aspects as we've been watching you while you're practicing. And thus, we have decided and came up with several names to be put into this group. Firstly.. "

The trainees whispered to each other and waited nervously for their names to be called out. Shiah couldn't look up as she let her fear controlled her. Yewon, who was beside her, lightly patting her back and gave a small smile. Mihyun naturally linked her arm with Shiah's and Shiah felt better because her close trainee friends were with her.

" Choi Hyojung. Please step infront. "

Seunghee squealed in excitement, hugging Hyojung before pushing her to the front. Hyojung smiled widely and mouthing encouragement to the others.

" Kim Jiho. "

Being Jiho, she couldn't contain her excitement that she jumped on her way to the front, joining Hyojung.

" Shin Hyejin. Next is.. "

Shiah heard Mihyun's loud gasp as her name was called out.

" Kim Mihyun. "

Mihyun squeezed Shiah's hand before walking to the front with Hyejin. Fear crept in again, but Shiah lifted her head again and looked at Mihyun who was worriedly looking back at her. She managed to give a smile to Mihyun and gave thumbs up. Mihyun couldn't even smile back.

" Hyun Seunghee. Choi Yewon. "

Yewon gave a quick hug to Shiah, " We'll wait for you, unnie. "

Shiah nodded, watching them joining the rest.

" And the last two are.. "

At this rate, the trainees already sighing in defeat. Some of them even cried silently. Shiah fought the urge to just burst into tears right then and there. At least she felt happy that Mihyun finally got to debut.

" Bae Yoobin. "

" Congrats, Yoobin-ah. " Shiah said as she wiping Yoobin's tears.

Shiah somehow felt really proud to see those who had been chosen. Because those girls were the ones who stayed with her all this time. She looked at them one by one, she felt contained by it. She would definitely cheered on them. She was lost in her thoughts until the girls suddenly screamed while crying, running towards her and engulfed her into a group hug. She was clueless.

" And lastly, Yoo Shiah. Congratulations for those who are chosen, and for the others, improve yourselves, and your time will come. " the staff said his last words before leaving the girls to themselves.

Mihyun lifted Shiah up, " I told you! You can do it! "

" Wh-what? I'm chosen..? " Shiah asked, couldn't believe what she heard.

Hyojung nodded and then Shiah bursted into tears, hugging the girls. It felt so surreal. She finally got to debut, with Mihyun too!

Hyojung clapped her hands, " Okay girls! Let's give some space to Mihyun to calm Shiah down. " she joked.

And so the girls followed Hyojung to sit at a corner, leaving Mihyun with Shiah.

" Stop crying, you look funny. " Mihyun pinched Shiah's cheek while her other hand wiping the tears.

Shiah laughed and hit Mihyun playfully. She was really glad.

" Idiot.. " she muttered.

Mihyun felt like it was the right time to let out her feelings. She felt so happy that she wanted to tell everything to the girl infront of her.

" Shiah, I wanted to tell you something. "

" Hm? " Shiah locked eyes with her.

At the same time, being a prankster, Jiho quietly crept behind Mihyun, wanting to shock her. Meanwhile the girls were watching and anticipating what would happen.

" I.. " Mihyun shyly said.

Oblivious to the situation, Jiho launched her attack and squeezed Mihyun's , taking the older girl by surprised that she accidentally screamed her words.

" I LIKE YOU, SHIAH- " Mihyun gasped, quickly covering with her hands as the room went silent.

Shiah's face went red. Mihyun said it out loud that she was sure everyone in the room heard her sudden confession.

" Oops, wrong timing. " Jiho slowly retreated her steps away.

" Omo omo omo!! " squealed Seunghee.

Hyojung was laughing so hard, clenching her stomach.

Seunghee acted like she got hysteria.

Hyejin covered her face with her hair, giggling secretly.

Yewon had a mental breakdown as she buried her face on her hands, embarassed.

Yoobin didn't say anything as went " O " the whole time, liking the situation.

Mihyun clenched her fists, biting her lips as she turned to look at the prankster who was trying to hide behind Yewon.

" KIM JIHO!!!! " Mihyun sprinted and chased the poor girl around the practice room and tackled her to the floor when she caught her.

They continued to wrestle each other as Shiah shyly went to sit with the rest of the girls.

Hyejin huffed, " We're gonna have a hard time with those two in our group. " referring to Mihyun and Jiho.

" Yea. Definitely. " Hyojung sighed.

They laughed, completely ignoring the two girls. They won't stop arguing anytime soon anyway.


******

 

So I just decided to update this fic today just because #OhMyMimiDay !  Happy 21st birthday to MIRACLEs' one and only charismatic rapper, Kim Mihyun! Thank you for existing and for being with Oh My Girl! MIRACLEs love you ~ Pyororong <3