final

Comfort

Sighing for the sixth time, Seungho rubbed his tired eyes. His head felt slightly dizzy and light, so he needed to take a sit. He was grateful he somehow managed to drag his tired body back to the dorm without collapsing in some random places.

                Days had been dragging on longer recently. One time, he felt like exploding in rage but today, he just felt really exhausted, but no amount of rest could chase away the tiredness. And he really didn't know how to threw away the heavy feeling sitting on his shoulder and chest. All he could do was letting the feeling suffocate him slowly. If he was any luckier, he'd die an easy and quick death, but he was never that lucky anyway. It was slow and painful...

                Flopping almost lifelessly onto the couch in the living room, Seungho leaned back, letting his head fall back. His eyes closed almost in reflex and his body slumped down like a wet rag. He was feeling all sort of emotions that he couldn't really sleep despite the fatigue taking over his weakened body and that was why he noticed immediately when a warm body sat next to him and two arms clinging on his left arm.

                "What do you want?" Seungho asked dryly, reluctant to open his eyes even when he felt the other nuzzled into his shoulder.

                "Nothing." The voice answered quietly, softly even, fluttering just above Seungho's ears.

                Seungho's forehead creased in worries. When did Mir start to sound so uncharacteristically weak and quiet? Did something happen? Concerned, Seungho sat up a bit, opening his tired eyes and finally saw the maknae curling against his side like an adorable little puppy that he felt his heart melted automatically. How naturally it came to Mir acting so adorable and innocent like a child, Seungho could never begin to understand. This man was already 25 for Kimchi's sake.

                Reaching out his free hand, he Mir's silky bleached hair gently. "What is it?" He asked again, this time using softer tone.

                Mir shook his head, squeezing shut his eyes and just cuddled even closer to Seungho. At Mir's reaction, Seungho was worried even more despite the warm tingling feeling in his chest at Mir's adorable action. His paternal instinct was struggling and kicking towards the surface when he felt Mir snuffled against his arm. He swore he heard those snuffle sound more like a purr.

                Well, Mir is their personal little puppy after all.

                He suddenly was caught into thinking of a family with him fathering Mir. That... Wasn't so bad of an idea. He had always want a harmonious family and despite Mir was already an adult man, the way the younger man sometimes presented himself was no older than a day old baby. Seeing Mir more like a son, he smiled slightly as he recalled on how Eunah too had called Mir as her son instead of her dongsaeng. He wasn't the only one having his paternal instinct pulled out easily by the maknae.

                Mir either just that innocent and pure or the maknae was unexpectedly sneaky and knew perfectly well which button he needed to push on Seungho. Seungho thought the latter was probably exaggerated. Mir wasn't that smart... At that thought, Seungho simply shook his head with slight smirk on his face.

                Turning back his attention on the strangely acting maknae, he had to fight the urge to hoggle the little-puppy-look-alike and focus on why Mir was acting different. "Hey..." Seungho called softly, nudging Mir's chin with his index finger. "Look at me." Mir obeyed and opened his wide brown eyes, searching for something on Seungho. Seungho smiled softly in reflex. Why was Mir being so cute today? "Is something bothering you?" Mir nodded. "What is it?"

                "You."

                Seungho blinked a few times. "Me?" Again, Mir nodded, pulling back slightly until his chin was out of Seungho's hold and nuzzled his face back into Seungho's arm, as if it was the place where his face belong. "What did I do?" Seungho asked in daze, unable to understand why had Mir answered him that way. Had he hurt the younger in any way? He racked his brain hard but he didn't recall any time he could have cause Mir a bother. At least not in these few days. "Hey, Cheolyong? Talk to me." Seungho shook the maknae slightly.

                Seungho only stopped pestering the un-budging maknae when the front door opened and enter GO who was singing and humming to their new song. Seungho looked up and locked eyes with GO, frowning even deeper when GO chuckled softly at the sight of the leader and maknae cuddling on the sofa.

                Seeing the look on GO's usually poker face, Seungho could guess GO had some idea on whatever the thing was going on in Mir's mind right at this moment. "Hey, Byunghee. You know what happened right? Why is Cheolyong acting like this?" Seungho asked before GO could leave the living room into the kitchen. Seungho wrapped his arms around Mir when he felt Mir tugging on his hand. He turned back his attention to Mir who was looking up at him cutely and when he saw Mir's red lips peeled back into a contagious toothy grin, his own lips unconsciously tugged into a reflection smile. Sigh of relief escaped his lips at the smile Mir was flashing brightly in his way, almost dizzying even.

                GO laughed out loud, trotting to the duo on couch. He patted Mir's head before sitting down on Mir's other side. "You did it." GO said to Mir, giving Seungho a look.

                "Did what?" Seungho asked, question marks practically popping out everywhere around him.

                GO chuckled again. "I told our little puppy that you haven't been smiling as much these days. So, he had been thinking of ways to make you smile again. I told him to just leave you alone since I notice you're not in your best mood these days. We don't want you to implode on our scared little maknae here, do we now? But he is so stubborn sometimes." GO explained, pinching on Mir's cheeks jokingly.

                "Huh?"

                "He's comforting you, silly." GO stated as if it was the most obvious thing ever.

                Mir nodded to confirm GO's words when Seungho casted a glance at the maknae. Seungho felt the burden on his shoulders was lifted just right after. There was something endearing about Mir right at this moment. He was flattered to know Mir was trying to comfort him despite his initial thought that Mir was the one seeking comfort from him. What a cute dongsaeng... He swore he even forget what was the problem that kept nagging in the back of his mind. What was it that made him so tired anyway? He forgot... With that, once again, brilliant smile adored the leader's face.

                Seungho rose his brow when Mir finally pulled away from him, sitting back on the couch with a content smile on his face, most probably proud with his achievement in comforting Seungho and returning the smile on Seungho's face. Seungho wouldn't admit it out loud but, yea... Mir did a really good job.

                GO poked on Mir's shoulder with a grin on his face. "Hey, maknae." He called out. When both Mir and Seungho turned to look at him, he opened his arms widely. "I need comfort too." He announced, brows raised in expectation for the youngest to burrow himself into his embrace just like what Mir had done on Seungho.

                "....."

                Seungho and Mir exchanged a glance before smirking to each other. Both turned back to GO harmoniously. "Here we go!" With Seungho's loud exclamation, both Seungho and Mir threw themselves onto the unsuspecting main vocalist of MBLAQ.

                "Yah!" GO yelped at the added weight on his body, falling back and almost toppled off the couch. "Get off! Too much comfort! Too much comfort!" And the dorm was filled with three different laugh.

                They just need each other for comfort...