How to not spend your summer vacation: a short story/rant by mark tuan

sweeter than a pastry

with your brother Joey.

i mean, mark isn't saying he hates his younger brother. his slightly more popular, outgoing, friendly, spontaneous, fun-loving younger brother.

but he is just pissed his parents basically don't let him just sit at home all day watching one tree hill and full metal alchemist on his laptop while eating Cheerios in various styafoam cups.

 

don't get mark wrong, its not like he isn't an outgoing person. he is. but he just likesstaying indoors during the summer doing simply... nothing.

 

and there is his brother Joey.

 

Joey Tuan is...well polar opposite isn't really the word that could be used in this context, because they do have sme similairites. SOME.

 

mark likes so say that when Joey is hanging out with him and their freinds, he is the craziest most spontaneous idiot in the world. he would be just run around screaming and pull pranks on everyone (and i mean EVERYBODY) he comes in contact with. And he is a pretty.... heavy drink. mark can't even count the endless times he had to bring home a drunk Joey.

 

but he is also SUCH a jackass to him too. mark is basically joey's go-to uber and he is probably the reason why mark has to refill his bank account every two weeks.

 

"maaarrrk, can you please buy us some take out'

"maaarrrk, can you please buy us tickets to go rollerskating, I'll pay you back tomorrow'

'maaarrrk, can you please buy us some drinks, this is the last time i'll as you for anythig i promise."

 

and then the next 3 weeks he asks me for money again, and when i deny it he says "hyuunng, you should be able to lend your younger brother money with the kindness of your HEART, witjout expecting anything in return."

"well too bad because I don't have a heart. and you're the one who has a job, why can't you use your pay check? unless your skipping work again."

"well................ i kind of.................. got............ fired?"

.....

 

"ok i don't know if my ears deceived me or maybe they could of be wax in my ear or.."

"probably the waxy ears. i mean you do a ty job taking care of yourself."

mark gave joey that don't play with me now look.

 

"how the hell did you possibly get fired from the