Kiss in the Rain [Park Jimin]

The Oppa Diaries

“Pabo!” You screamed at him and started running towards the other direction.

 

Jimin pabo.

 

You can’t help the tears from falling. It just hurts too much. You didn’t care if it was raining or that everyone was staring at you as you ran. You didn’t care if the rain ruined the designer dress you were wearing, you didn’t care about your aching feet or how your high heels were scratching on the pavement as you ran. You just have to get away from there. Away from that stupid Jimin and that stupid girl that he was with.

 

You went straight towards your apartment building and headed for the elevator.

 

“Yoseong- nim Gwaenchana?” the security guard asked as you got near the elevator. You ignored him and kept going for the elevator. Went straight to your room and locked the door.

 

You were all wet from the rain but that didn’t stop you from flopping down on your bed and continued your crying.

 

A few minutes later you hear a loud knock on your door.

Just ignore it. They might think nobody’s home. You thought but the knocking just kept going, and then you heard a familiar voice which only frustrated you more.

 

“______, OPEN THE DOOR! Please let me explain!” it was Jimin, obviously.

 

What else did he have to explain? He texted you to meet up with him in from of your favourite coffee shop and you complied. You thought that you were going on a date, so you dressed up and even wore your favourite high heeled shoes. But what you saw in front of the coffee shop broke your heart into a million little pieces.

 

It was Jimin together with a girl. She was on her tiptoes, and what is that? Are they kissing?
That was when you screamed at him and ran.

 

“________, please… please…” the knocking and the voice became gentler and softer.

 

You stood up and went closer to the door. Then you hear him speak again.

 

“It wasn’t what you thought it was _______.” You scoff. That’s a classic thing to say. Couldn’t he have thought of anything better? But your thoughts were interrupted when he spoke again. “I’m sorry that you had to see it. Please let me in, I will explain everything.”

 

You heard the sincerity in his voice; you contemplate on letting him inside or not. Then you heard him sneeze. Did he run here in the rain? You were not that cruel so you opened the door only a little bit, and your heart skipped a little when you saw him all wet from the rain, with his wet hair clamping around his face. And you felt a familiar heat creep up your neck up to your cheeks.

 

His eyes met yours and suddenly you felt self-conscious. Was your face alright? Do you have mascara running down your face? Did you look like a panda from the runny eyeliner? Were your eyelashes in place?

 

He called your name, and came inside your apartment.

 

Instinctively you stepped back, and kept stepping back until you reached the far end of the room. He tried to step closer to you but you stopped him.

 

“No. Stay right there.”

 

He did and then he started to talk again. “I’m sorry _____, that girl you saw was my ex-girlfriend Eun Kyung. She came to me desperate; I don’t even understand how she knew that I would be there.”

 

You listen to him explain. But even though you don’t believe a word he says, every word that comes from his mouth cuts you painfully.

 

“I told her that I already had you and that I would never go back to her. She asked me to kiss her, just one last ki--” He said but you cut him off.

 

“One last kiss? Was that it?” you asked. “You think I’m that stupid? Let’s say that’s what it was. A kiss goodbye, but still you looked like you were enjoying yourself!” you shouted. “How does it feel Jimin?” you start “How does it feel to be swarmed with people who throw themselves at you? How does it feel to make a girl fall for you and hand her back her heart in a million broken pieces?!” you screamed at him while crying.

 

He stepped closer ignoring your earlier warning and grabbed you by both arms.

 

“You’re wrong ________, I wasn’t enjoying anything. It was disgusting for me.” He said as you forcefully tried to get out of his grip. “But she threatened you...” his voice became softer. And you stopped fighting him. When you do, his hands move from your arms and pulled you into a tight hug. “She threatened you _______, She said awful things that she would do, all I had to do was kiss her and she would go, never to bother us again. I’m sorry. I’m so stupid to have fallen for it. She must have planned everything beforehand.” He was sobbing now. “I’m sorry ______. I’m so sorry.”

 

You pull out of the embrace and look at his face. His eyes were downcast.

 

You wanted to tell him that you needed time to sort out your feelings. But instead of words a sneeze came from you.

 

Immediately Jimin touched your forehead. He cursed under his breath. “I didn’t realize your clothes were wet as well.” He grabbed you by the hand and ushered you towards your room. “Quickly, change your clothes.” He said and closed the door behind you.

 

You stood there in front of your vanity and stared at yourself in front of the mirror. I was so angry at Jimin all this time and he was only thinking about me. You say to yourself. What he did was wrong but he had good intentions.

 

Even after shouting at him and accusing him, he still put you before himself.

 

You quickly change your clothes and headed for the door. But before you do, you grab one of Jimin’s t-shirts that you have stocked in your apartment. When you opened the door, you felt all the blood in your body goes up to your face. Because what you saw was not suited for very young audiences.

 

At the exact same time that you opened your door, you see Jimin coming out of the bathroom, with no shirt on. Your eyes raked him up and down, and though you just came from a state of expressively crying, you couldn’t help your mouth from slightly dropping open. You see his perfectly toned abs, from all the dancing that he was doing. Also you see his muscular arms, that he kept toned just the way you like them and when your gaze returns to his face, you see that a slight smirk is playing on his lips.

 

You instantly thrown the shirt you were holding in his face and you ran towards the couch and the television and focused your attention on the two people making out in the screen. What the hell was with this TV?!?!? You quickly changed the channel and settled for one that was showing cartoons. Yes let’s keep it PG people.

 

A few moments later you feel that Jimin sat on the couch beside you. You silently pray that he breaks the ice and start talking even if you don’t know what you will say to him once he does.

 

He moves a bit closer until you can smell his manly scent. It was the smell of the cologne you gave him on your last anniversary.

 

“I really am sorry.” He said. You didn’t reply, then you felt his arm quietly snake its way around your waist and suddenly you feel him pull you closer. You missed this. You missed how he always showed you what he wanted.

 

“What do you think you’re doing?” you asked as you stood up immediately.

 

He didn’t answer instead he also stood up. “I’m sorry okay? If you need time to think or if you want me to leave, I’ll leave.” He said as he made his way to the door.

 

“Who said I wanted you to leave?” you said and he stopped and slowly turned towards you. “Get back here” you ordered and he complied with a ghost of a smirk on his lips.

 

He stood in front of you, and once again you raked your eyes over his body.

 

You bend slightly over the center table to get a tissue.

 

You hold it up towards his mouth and gently wiped his lips, with your tears threatening to spill over once again.

 

“What are you doing?” Jimin asked and he stopped and grabbed your hand gently.

 

“I’m going to pretend that what I saw didn’t happen.” You said and started wiping his lips again. “Also I don’t want to taste her lip gloss on your lips when I kiss you.”

 

With this you held his face and planted a soft kiss on Jimin’s lips.

 

He returned the kiss and you felt him smile against your lips. The kiss was soft and gentle. After a while he broke the kiss and with a smile he asked you “So… Am I forgiven?”

 

“Not just yet.” His smile got wider and he pulled you into a kiss not too gentle. Rougher and deeper than the one before and this time you were the one who was smiling.

 

Yep. He was definitely forgiven. With every kiss shared, you turned the cold feeling from the rain into a warm night.