Just One More Year

Just One More Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Visiting again?” A boy around his thirties named Minhyuk asked as he leaned on the door while looking at his friend who was too busy neatly packing his clothes. “--- You visit her every year. I guess you really like that place.” Minhyuk continued while looking at the man with a smile plastered on his face.

“Yeah. This year I’ll be there for a couple of weeks.” The man replied as he finished putting all the clothes he needed on his visit with his so called ‘mother’ on the country side. He picked up the bag and then carried it towards the living room as Minhyuk just followed him. 

“We’re gonna miss you here, Hoseok.” Minhyuk said as he walked closer to the latter and smiled. Hoseok just chuckled and looked at him. “It’s only gonna be a couple of weeks.” he said and then carefully placed his bag down on the floor and gave his friend a friendly hug. After a few moments, he lets go with a smile on his face. “Take care of my house while I’m gone.” He said and then picked up his bag once more and walked outside towards his car this time. 

Every year on the fourth month, Hoseok would visit her mother on the country side and help her with some chores there. His father died in an early age and he’s the only son so he’s the only one his mother have. Unfortunately, his job is in the city so he had to move. But he and and his mother had an agreement that he’ll visit every year. 

It’s not like he hates visiting there. In fact he loved it. That’s the place where he grew up and all his childhood memories were made there. Unlike the city, that place got fresh air and people won’t judge you for not wearing proper clothes by just stepping outside for a couple of minutes. There’s no bugs or rats you see running around the sidewalks, and there are a lot of flowers and trees planted everywhere. it’s a perfect place for a vacation. 

 

 


The ride was quite long. He stopped on some fast food to have lunch and then left right after he took the last bite. After that, he went into a convenience store to buy some snack and some drinks for himself during the whole ride and also grabbed some cookies to give his mother when he arrives. It took him a total of eight hours to get to his mothers house and the moment he arrived, he was greeted by his mother with the sweetest smile on her face and a hug. 

She helped him with his bags and placed it on his room. They had a casual afternoon, eating snacks, talking to each other. Hoseok talked to her about his job and about his friends. He once brought Minhyuk and the others here for vacation so his mother knows all of them. 

When he was about to help his mother clean the house, or cook dinner, she insisted for him to let it go and have some rest since he had such a long ride. So like what she said, he sat on the stairs outside on their garden as he enjoyed the view. He ignored his phone when it rang since it’s probably just some of his friends asking if he already arrived.

 

He was enjoying the fresh air when he noticed there was a boy standing just outside their territory staring at him with a huge grin on his face. The boy was quite tall but too thin on Hoseok’s eyes. He waved his hand with a smiled and then walked towards the boy.

“Hello! Who might you be?” The boy asked with the huge grin on plastered on his face. 

Hoseok just smiled back at him “Just your new neighbor for a couple of weeks.” he said and then the latter’s eyes widened and looked at the house.

“You’re visiting Mrs. Shin?” The boy asked, the smiled not leaving his face and Hoseok just nodded. He looked at the boy and and noticed that he’s quite taller than him but also thinner than him. 

“I thought so. It’s my first time to see a car like this around here.” The boy said and then pointed at Hoseok’s car. It was a sports car so that’s probably why he don’t see cars like it much. They’re on the countryside after all.  He just chuckled and then looked at the boy as he offered his hand for a shake hand with a grin on his face “I’m Hyungwon by the way. Chae Hyungwon.” 

Hoseok gladly shook the latter’s hand “Shin Hoseok.” he said as he smiles and then introduced himself as Mrs. Shin’s son. The latter was quite shocked because she didn’t know that Mrs. Shin had a son. The two of them talked to each other and Hyungwon was the one who caused the conversation to be so long.

Hyungwon had asked Hoseok about what he do and why did he visit. Is it fun living in the city or is all the people rich just like how he sees it on the television. The latter just laughed it off and then answers all his questions happily. Since Hyungwon have never been in a city, he got curious when he found out that the latter lived in a city so he asked him thousands of questions he always wanted to know. 

“You seems nice. You’re like a protagonist of some drama. They’re all nice.” Hyungwon suddenly said while smiling. The latter just chuckled while looking at him “If I am a protagonist of some show. Then that show is the worst story ever made.” he said but the latter gasped and playfully hit him.

“Stop being so negative. I’m pretty sure your life is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter