Hardships

Cream Coffee

Hardships | Cream Coffee


It was a sunny day in Seoul, South Korea. If you looked around, you'll see everyone playing and laughing. Ticka-Ticka Tack, Swish... The subway train stopped. Everyone was happy, except for Song Vi-Su. The subway opened it's doors and people started rushing inside. Vi-Su's family went in. Vi-Su hesitated. 

"Come on, Venus!" her mother said, "hurry up and get in or you'll be left behind!"

Venus sighed. She stepped in the subway doors and it closed. Venus grabbed the handles and the subway started moving. All of a sudden, Venus' old life in Icheon, South Korea flashed by in her eyes. She, as a six year old swinging on a swing in the park with her best friend, Bora. Venus started to tear up. That was a long time ago. I'm 16 now. It's ok. Venus started to gain more confidence. It's ok, it's ok. I'm going to start a new life, make some new friends. It's ok. Anyways, I could always FaceTime Bora. I could also visit her. Maybe I'll also find a boyfriend. Boys ask me out all the time, even complete strangers. I'm sure I'll get one soon. The boys weren't that good in Icheon. I'll find one in Seoul. I promise. Venus was so busy encouraging herself that she didn't even realize that the train stopped and people started getting out.

"Venus!" her dad called, "hurry up!"

Her family was already outside.

"Uh, what?" Venus said, confused, "oh, yeah, right! I have to get off."

"Heh, heh, you don't wanna get lost, do ya, pretty girl?" the driver said.

Venus looked at him with a 'you're crazy' look. She got off the bus where her mom and dad were waiting. The subway took off.

"What a disgusting guy!" her mom said.

"I know right," Venus' dad said, "harassing her right in front of us!"

"It's ok," Venus said, "I really don't care."

"See, Venus," her mom said, "that's the problem, you don't care. You need to speak up more. You're too shy. How are you supposed to get a guy if you don't even talk to him? I know you attract a lot of men, Venus. Oh, remember when you were thirteen? You went crying to me and told me that a bunch of boys were talking about how they wanted to, you know, you."

Venus grew red in the face.

"Mom! I told you already, you don't just talk about my personal life in public! People can hear, you know."

"Alright, alright. But I told you, you need to speak up more, ok? I promise you, you'll thank me later."

"Yeah, ok. Wait, where are we going again?"

"To, uh..." Venus' mom pulls out a slip of paper, "our house is at, 456 Cherry Blossom Lane."