Oneshot

Ireland

Jinyoung and Mark are best friends since a long time, despite this they are very different from each other.

Mark is popular, handsome, rich... He has everything a girl search in a boy. While Jinyoung is quite reserved and he's not that well-off.

In particular, the money issue was felt on February of his third year of lycee: his school organised a week-long trip in Ireland. The price wasn't exaggerated, it was like €800 sorry but I don't know how won (south korean money) work, but he couldn't afford it anyway. He never could afford to spend money for having fun or relaxing, though he was sad every time he was in situations like that.

Mark immediately noticed his friend's sadness, but he didn't say anything. He decided to find out by himself what was bothering Jinyoung because, in any case, Jinyoung wouldn't say a word to him.

Approximately a week after, Mark managed to talk with Jinyoung's mother, who's told him everything.

"He would like so much to go to that trip and I'd like to let him go... I mean, he always works hard and I think he deserves it, but I really don't know where to pick the money he needs. Anyway, don't worry about him, he'll feel better soon, you'll see."

Mark obviously couldn't leave his friend, the one he has a crush on, in this situation.

So, the next day, he went to the headmaster and asked to participate at the trip in Ireland with Jinyoung.

"I'm sorry but the registrations has already finished two days ago."

"Please Mr. headmaster! We can't lose this trip... And there's a lot of time until September, I'm sure you can add us!" Mark knelt down, he didn't like being pitiful like that, but for Jinyoung this and more. 

In the end the headmaster said he will do the possible to add them at the trip.

Mark sent a message to Jinyoung:

 

To: Jinyoung 

Get yourself ready, on September we're going to Ireland;)

 

From: Jinyoung 

What are you saying? Maybe you'll go, but I won't.

 

To: Jinyoung 

You'll come, too because I already paid for both of us!

 

From: Jinyoung 

Are you kidding me?

 

To: Jinyoung 

Nope, I'm serious. Wait a minute I'm going to stop from you for a while before returning home.

 

Jinyoung was dumbfounded, but very happy. 

When Mark arrived, Jinyoung captured him in a tight hug. And Mark couldn't asked for anything better because even the most trivial touch with the younger, made him feel butterflies in his stomach. And it was a feeling he loved.


Time passed and September arrived.

 

To: Jinyoung 

Have you already packed your suitcase? Tomorrow there's the departure!

 

From: Jinyoung 

Yeah Mark... I will never thank you enough for what you've done:)

 

To: Jinyoung 

You're lucky that the headmaster couldn't resist to your handsome friend ù-ù

 

From: Jinyoung 

I'm lucky that my friend is rich as ;)

 

Mark, at this point, wrote on his keyboard: "You're lucky that your friend is in love with you"

He usually wrote things like that when he talked with Jinyoung, there were been a lot of times when he could confess, but he never did... He didn't want to ruin everything because of his stupid feelings towards his friend.

Right in that moment his mother stepped in his room shouting: "Mark I've told you to clean your room. I won't let you go tomorrow if it isn't clean!"

Mark got scared for a moment. Then he decided that it will be better if he cleans his room before his mother could get angrier, so he wrote a last message to Jinyoung.

 

To: Jinyoung 

I have to clean my room, I'll write you later

 

What Mark didn't know was that he sent the message of the confession to Jinyoung, right when his mother entered his room scaring him. 

Jinyoung, in front of this message, didn't know how to feel. He was so happy but he didn't want to misunderstand what Mark has written... Was that really a confession? If yes, he would be the happiest man in the world: he has been in love with Mark for a very long time and he didn't think that his friend could feel in the same way.

Anyway. after the last message Mark has sent to him, he decided to reply with a simple "Okay" because his friend was busy.

That evening Jinyoung couldn't sleep: traveling by plane tomorrow and Mark's probably confession were too much for him... But he was happy, really happy.


The next day Jinyoung and the other students who has joined the trip were at the airport. Mark had a sleepy face, but the younger wanted explanations about the message. 

"Mark, the message you've sent me yesterday... Was that a confession?"

"Huh? What message?" Mark replied rubbing his eyes.

"Oh nothing, it doesn't matter."

If he doesn't even remember it he couldn't be serious about it... Jinyoung thought, with a bit of sadness.

Mark slept during all the flight and, when they landed, all the students were greeted by the families who would host them for all the time they will stay in Ireland.

Mark and Jinyoung has assigned the same family. You might think there's just a coincidence, but no: Mark prayed the headmaster to be hosted in the family who was hosting Jinyoung.

Once they arrived at their family's house, they went to their respective rooms to unpack their things.

Suddenly Mark heard someone speaking: "Uhm Mark, since you're practically American, can you tell them that I'm celiac? I think they're cooking something with flour." That was Jinyoung, he didn't even heard him coming in. 

Anyway Mark accompanied him and did what he was asked to, at least Jinyoung could eat something at dinner. Then he returned in his room.

He noticed that Jinyoung left his mobile there. I don't think he will get angry if I look for a moment... Mark thought, with a grin on his face.

So he unlocked it and opened his messages: the chat on the top was with Mark.

The older noticed that Jinyoung saved his number as "Mark ♡" and blushed. He saved his number with a heart at the end, too... 

Scrolling the conversation Mark noticed a message he didn't remember having sent.

 

From: Mark 

You're lucky that your friend is in love with you

 

In that moment he realized: the meaning of Jinyoung's question and the fact that the younger stared at him for all the flight long.

It seemed like the time has stopped. He didn't know what to do, Jinyoung has already asked explanations about it, so he has surely already read it. Yes, without doubt.

He panicked and deleted the message, in that way maybe Jinyoung would forget everything.


The next day, Mark and Jinyoung found themselves at the cafè having breakfast, before the begin of the lessons.
 
"Mark, I don't know if you remember, but at the airport, before the departure, I asked you about a message... But yesterday evening I watched my mobile and there wasn't any trace of this message... And nothing, I just wanted to apologize for acting so weirdly..."
 
Mark was feeling guilty: he made Jinyoung think that he's going out of mind. The younger has even apologized for nothing. He couldn't keep this inside anymore.

 "Look... Jinyoung... That message, I deleted it yesterday. The point is that I didn't want to send it to you... Not yet... And when I find out I panicked and so I deleted it... I made a mistake, I'm the one who has to apologize."

Mark didn't dare to watch Jinyoung in the eyes; his gaze was on the cup of coffee in his hands.

What he has just said was very embarrassing. 

"So... About the message, were you serious?" Jinyoung broke the silence.

Mark felt his cheeks heat up, he was sure he was blushing like he never did before.

What should've he say now? The truth, only the truth.

"Ye-es Jinyoung, yes."

"You like me?"

Argh seriously? Of course I like you, idiot!

"Jinyoung you aren't funny."

"Sorry."

And now? Don't tell me you want to finish it like that? Heyy I've just confessed my feelings towards you, Jinyoung!! Say something! 

The teacher arrived and called them enter the class because the lesson was beginning, so they headed towards the classroom.

Mark was losing his hopes, maybe Jinyoung wanted to give him a second chance to continue being his friend... Maybe he was pretending to forget about the confession to not ruin their friendship... He didn't know how to feel: yes, he will continue being Jinyoung's friend, but will that be enough? Will be enough for him to just be Jinyoung's friend? Will that frie-
 
Mark's thoughts were interrupted when, before crossing the door and enter the classroom, he briefly felt Jinyoung's soft lips against his cheek. That was so fast but an explosion of butterflies filled Mark's stomach, and when he turned his head he caught Jinyoung miming "I like you, too" with his beautiful lips. Which made Mark widen his eyes and blushed slightly.

I don't know what I just wrote e.e

Anyway I hope you liked it :')

And if you want I can do a sequel or something because yes, there was just a peck on the cheek here... I know you want more ahahahhah

Please comment and tell me ^^