1/3 Hotline Bling (M)

Carpe Diem — JackBam Collections (requests are accepted)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hotline Bling (M)
Part 1 of 3
Pusha T ft. Chris Brown - Sweet Serenade
Word Count: 2931
 

“Someone needs to take Jackson home right now.”

“Oh, come on, don’t be such a fun killer—woah—you’re right.”

Jaebum and Jinyoung gapes at Jackson who was splayed all over the floor drenched in different kinds of alcohol, mumbling incoherent words as his eyes try desperately to stay open.

“God, what the hell happened to Jackson?” Jinyoung cringes as Jackson flips over to his stomach, accidentally lying down on a full box of pizza that’s thankfully closed.

“Goodness gracious, save the pizza!” Youngjae creases his brows, looking at the other older three whose faces were rather unreadable than pitiful. “Guys, are you really just going to stare at our wasted friend?”

“He brought that upon himself.” Mark says in a matter-of-fact, expression straight.

“That’s not a very nice thing to say, Mark.” Jinyoung frowns at the other.

“So you take him home.” Jaebum turns to look at Jinyoung, pulling Youngjae closer to him so he can sling his arm over his shoulder. The current youngest in the room holds the urge to faint inwardly, practically having a dramatic monologue deep inside him.

“Mark’s actually right.” Jinyoung pats the said blonde’s back, receiving a frown from the latter. “Okay, actually, you know what, let’s just do this together. We’re a team!”

“You’re on your own. Youngjae’s mom had been calling for like three hours now.” Jaebum raises a hand as though he was insisting for Jinyoung to talk to it. “She’d kill me if Youngjae doesn’t get back home at twelve and it’s already 11:40.”

“Actually, it’s only been fiftee—“

“We’re going.”  Jaebum waves his raised hand at the other two after cutting off Youngjae’s more honest statement. The latter just blinks as the older tugs him along, walking out of Jinyoung’s house with a wave of goodbye.

“Thanks for the blast, Jinyoung hyung! Happy birthday!” Youngjae greets one last time before his soon-to-be boyfriend closes the door.

“So…I guess it’s just the two of us, huh?” Mark suggests, nudging Jinyoung lightly with a little bit of an eyebrow wiggling going on.

“Practically yes but literally no.” Jinyoung gestures his finger towards their severely drunk friend’s overly wasted state on the floor. “Good thing I decided to remove the carpet. I knew someone would end up like this.”

“And you probably expected it to be Jackson.” His boyfriend slips a hand in his pocket, expression still deadpanned over Jackson. Around these times, in his expectations, Jinyoung and he were supposed to be—you know—but no, Jackson just had to turn into ing Patrick Star. It won’t take a genius or two to tell that Jackson looked dumb.

Jinyoung only gave him a sheepish grin as he takes another glimpse of Jackson’s hopeless figure lying down on the floor. “Let’s just change his clothes and take him home. Get your car ready, I’ll lend him my clothes.”

Mark sometimes thinks his boyfriend is a saint.

 

 

“Don’t you think it’s because Jackson’s been single for so long?” Jinyoung points out to his driving boyfriend, glancing at Jackson who was sleeping on the backseat through the mirror. “I mean, look, we all have our own happy relationships. Jaebum and Youngjae are probably cracking up in the bedroom right now!”

“I don’t know, Youngjae’s mom would probably go ballistic since she doesn’t like Jaebum’s piercings.” Mark cackles, turning to a right sharply that Jackson almost falls down. Jinyoung nervously tugs on his seatbelt, sending his boyfriend a glare. Next time, he’d make sure to remind himself that his blonde boyfriend at driving. He basically left a mark on his father’s car. No pun intended.

“Jaebum’s a real nice guy, I’m pretty sure Youngjae’s mother would like him.” Jinyoung smiles. “Anyway, back to Jackson, should we like…look for a date for him? Someone who shares the same interest or something?”

“It’ll come at the right time. Don’t rush it.” Mark answers, looking back at his best friend with a small smile. “Look, love is a jerk. If you wait for it, it won’t come but at a time where you least expect it to show up, it will punch you right in your face. Remember when we first met? You literally punched me on the face.”

“It was Halloween! And you just randomly popped out from the corner of the alley while I was running! What else was I supposed to do?” Jinyoung tries to defend himself, jutting out his lower lip slightly.

“All I’m saying is that the right person for Jackson will come. We shouldn’t interfere with life’s course.” The blonde adds, tapping his fingers aimlessly on the steering wheel as they enter Jackson’s street.

“Wow, that’s the most I heard you speak this month.” Jinyoung says, dumbfounded after Mark’s small speech.

Mark slowly halts to a stop, pulling over in front of his best friend’s apartment. He unlocks the door before opening it, stepping outside as he stretches his arm, groaning as he feels his muscles sore up from all the partying.

“Wait here,” he tells Jinyoung as he opens the door to the backseat, patting Jackson’s cheek lightly to wake him up. “Hey, Jackson, we’re here. Wake up.” He tries to call out lightly, shaking their friend’s shoulder gingerly.

Jackson whines, trying to curl into a ball but he ends up falling down on the carpet since the car seat wasn’t that large. “What the , man… I thought I was already on my bed. I was skiing on my dream… were you driving that bad?”

“Yeah, thanks for nothing.” Mark rolls his eyes at his best friend. “Get up or I’m pulling your drunken out of my car.”

“Fine, fine.” Jackson grumbles as he crawls out of the car, struggling on getting up on his feet without Mark’s help. The latter accompanies Jackson up, slinging the other’s arm around his shoulder so he can help him walk.

“You okay?” His best friend asks, deciding not to become a full-blown douche since Jackson’s still his best bud.

“Yeah, just seeing a few spirals here and there, you know?” The other blonde chuckles lightly as he rubs his own temples, trying to get his feet to work properly as the head towards his unit. “Tell Jinyoung thanks and, uh, happy birthday. I loved the graham balls. Who made that?”

“His mom. Good, right?” Mark chuckles. “Keys.” He asks, holding his hand out as he stops in front of Jackson’s door.

“Here,” Jackson groans out, fishing out the key in his pocket before handing it to the other blonde.

Mark slips in the key into the slot, twisting the door knob open so he could push it. He goes straight to the other man’s bed, letting the latter pry himself off of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter